Comments on Profile Post by Elven-Dreams

1. View previous comments
  2. Spike
    Spike
    Is it bad for charizard though?
    Oct 20, 2019
  3. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    Considering the amount of animosity the fandom as a whole has for this Pokemon, because of the heavy favoritism the series has for it, which is now increasing even further because of this, yes, i'd say it's bad for Charizard! At this point, even i am sick of the fucking favoritism it gets, and i find the butthurt from the haters hilarious!
    Oct 20, 2019
  4. Spike
    Spike
    Ohh. Well I love charizard so I don’t mind one bit. Mmm I dunno if it’s favoritism so much as Charizard is just really popular. He consistently polls as the most well-liked pokemon
    Oct 20, 2019
  5. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    Yeah, you don't care if it doesn't effect you, how noble. Uh...That IS favoritism, if Charizard wasn't as popular would it have survived the Snap? Blastoise and Venusaur are currently nowhere to be seen, so if they don't make it, Charizard wouldn't have made it. But if they do make it, where are they in all the marketing? Seems like they "Favor" Charizard either way.
    Oct 20, 2019
  6. Spike
    Spike
    Mm well you can call it favoritism I guess but Game Freak has finite resources. I think that given that I’m okay with them putting more of those resources into Pokémon that are more widely liked. They’re giving Charizard about as much attention as I would expect considering he’s the most popular out of over 700. It’s not like they’re ignoring more obscure mons, they just came out with Sirfetchd.
    Oct 20, 2019
  7. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    Oh lord, i'm going to need two separate comments to address this nonsense. Finite resources? Meet the worlds highest grossing gaming franchise to ever exist. Also meet Little Town Hero, a game GameFreak were working on at the same time as Pokemon, so which is it? Not enough resources or are they just fucking stupid? Not even mentioning that the supposed "A-Team" worked on LTH, while the "B-Team" worked on Pokemon.
    Oct 20, 2019
  8. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    Wait, Farfetch'd? You mean that highly requested Pokemon that literally everyone agrees should have gotten an evolution? That we recently discovered was originally supposed to have an Evolution in Gen2? Yeah, "Obscure" is not the word i would use for that. Besides, oh look, another Kanto Pokemon getting a completely random buff for what seems like no reason, you know, because they've been ignoring it for two decades?
    Oct 20, 2019
  9. Spike
    Spike
    Having a big budget is not an unlimited budget. Developing a AAA game is very very expensive. I dunno what circles you’re running in, I don’t recall many people talking about Farfetchd before.
    Oct 20, 2019
  10. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    And yet they were able to drum up enough of a budget from Nintendo to make a whole new IP along side Pokemon. You know? Little Town Hero? That they took Devs away from Pokemon to make? Getting the picture yet? I don't recall anyone asking for yet more Kanto pandering or a Gigantamaxed Charizard either, nor did i see anyone but you celebrating their inclusion...
    Oct 20, 2019
  11. Spike
    Spike
    Do you not want them to make little town hero? It seems like a nice game. Mm I dunno I know a fair amount of fans who are really into Kanto. What Pokémon do you want to see get more attention then?
    Oct 21, 2019
  12. Spike
    Spike
    Ohhh damn now I remember it’s that game you were upset about it. You really seem angry about Little Town Hero.
    Oct 21, 2019
  13. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    No in actuality, I don't want them to make LTH, i don't want them making Pokemon either, or any games for that matter, as they are all talentless trash.
    Oct 21, 2019
  14. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    Who cares about LTH? It turned out to be uninspired, mediocre drivel, just like GF themselves. No, LTH is so beneath my radar that it's only purpose is to serve as a bludgeon against Sw/Sh. You know, because GF took the better half of their Dev Team away from Pokemon to make it? Which is partially responsible for the shit show Sw/Sh currently is...
    Oct 21, 2019
  15. Spike
    Spike
    Mm yeah I don’t think game freak is as rad as they used to be. OTOH if I had my way Obsidian would make every game.
    Oct 22, 2019
  16. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    GameFreak was never "rad", they've always been low tier Devs, just look at the garbage that was Gen1.
    Oct 22, 2019
  17. Spike
    Spike
    You think so? R/B version lacks polish but I’d say it’s still better than most RPGs that were out at the time. Mm I’ve always considered Fr/Lg to be the definitive edition.
    Oct 22, 2019
  18. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    Unpolished? The original games give Bethesda a run for their money in terms of sloppy game development. They aren't called "Bugthesda" for nothing.
    Oct 22, 2019
  19. Spike
    Spike
    You move slowly and the graphics are trash and Special & Psychic were op but that’s pretty standard for gameboy games. I feel like they started to get really rad around gen 2. Gen 3 and maybe gen 5 were peak Pokémon but I still like the newer ones.
    Oct 22, 2019
  20. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    I see, so we are going to ignore all of the technical problems with the games and just focus on the lack of adequate planning on the Devs part? That's fine, there is plenty of that too...Yeah no, Gen 2 is just as bad as Gen 1, but in different ways. Both overall garbage, just less garbage at one thing or another.
    Oct 22, 2019
  21. Spike
    Spike
    And here I was under the impression you liked Pokémon >.> Which of them do you like?
    Oct 22, 2019
  22. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    Let me state this clearly since you asked. RBGY: Garbage. GSC: Garbage. RSE: Okay i guess... DPP: Eh, not bad, not great. BW: Damn, what a waste... XY: Kill yourselves GameFreak. SM: Was nice i guess, i still prefer DPP. Ultimately, i enjoyed Emerald, Platinum, White, Omega Ruby and Moon. But remember, i enjoyed the Star Wars Prequels, i am capable of liking bad products.
    Oct 22, 2019
  23. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    In fact, my vitriol for GameFreak comes from the fact that i love Pokemon and all GF has ever done is squander every iota of potential this series ever had, now i'm simply watching them run it into the ground. Just like Disney are doing with Star Wars, except Star Wars had a good start, whereas Pokemon has only ever reached Average at it's best.
    Oct 22, 2019
  24. Spike
    Spike
    Ohh what do you want the games to be like? Mm I wasn’t super into Gen 4 but only played Pearl so maybe Platinum was better.
    Oct 22, 2019
  25. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    To be good? I can't even quantify that in such a limited space as is provided here. Though i suppose i can start with some extreme basics. Second Save Slot, removal of Trade Evolutions, to not sell two identical games that simply have different disk locked content, re-balancing of the entire evolutionary system, re-balancing of the entire TM system, steep overhauls to the most Pokemons stats and abilities. Ect Ect.
    Oct 22, 2019
  26. Katie Okami
    Katie Okami
    Why are you so up in arms over something you hate so much
    Oct 27, 2019
  27. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    If you are going to waste my time with stupid questions, the least you can do Is be concise. What exactly are you referring to?
    Oct 27, 2019
  28. Katie Okami
    Katie Okami
    I mean you're putting so much negative energy into hating something, but why? If you dislike it that much why not just move past it and focus on something you do like?
    Oct 27, 2019
  29. Lead118
    Lead118
    You don't seem to realize that negative energy, while negative, is still energy. Directing energy towards something, regardless of whether it's good or not has its own simple merits.
    Oct 27, 2019
  30. Katie Okami
    Katie Okami
    That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read... I can think of countless instances where directing negative energy at something has no merit. School shootings? Suicide bombings? Just standing on the street corner spewing hate at various groups of people? There's no merit to putting energy into hating something.
    Oct 27, 2019
  31. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    Oh good, you are one of those people...Firstly, to play along with your faulty assumption: Silence gets you nowhere, silence is effectively passive approval, if you want something changed, it helps no one to remain quiet. Secondly, i do not hate Pokemon, i am a rather big fan actually, this and the reason above is why i critique it so harshly.
    Oct 27, 2019
  32. Katie Okami
    Katie Okami
    There's a difference between putting your energy into hating something and putting your energy into trying to change something you don't like. Right now, you're just spewing hate, and that should be evident by the fact that I couldn't tell you like Pokemon. If you're looking for change, you're going about it the wrong way.
    Oct 27, 2019
  33. Lead118
    Lead118
    You just compared complaining about pokemon to school shootings and suicide bombings.

Okay.jpg
    Oct 27, 2019
  34. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    That is what we like to call a "Distinction without a difference", for simply putting my voice out there is in of itself a method of change. Even in a remote place such as this, if someone is compelled to reconsider their position by my speech, then change has happened. 1 becomes 2, then 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, until there is enough people for the recipients to take notice, and thus, will change, or fail.
    Oct 27, 2019
  35. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    No, all that is evident here is your ignorance, for all you had to do was look up a few messages in the chain and you would have had a concrete acknowledgment of my fandom for the series, a strong hint also resides within my albums, as well as deeper in my profile. Perhaps you could not be bothered to check before you opened your mouth?
    Oct 27, 2019
  36. Katie Okami
    Katie Okami
    I didn't compare complaining about Pokemon to school shootings and suicide bombings, but I knew you'd try to say that. I was pointing out obvious situations where putting your energy into something negative has no merit. Can you think of a single way you can put your energy into something negative and still have merit?
    Oct 27, 2019
  37. Katie Okami
    Katie Okami
    Putting your voice out in a hateful way is not a legitimate method of bringing about change and I'm sure you know this, you're just trying to not to admit you're wrong at this point. If your goal was to bring about change you would be doing something that might actually bring change. Petitioning, using logical arguments to emphasize the merits of the change you want to bring about, etc.
    Oct 27, 2019
  38. Lead118
    Lead118
    "Can you think of a single way you can put your energy into something negative and still have merit?"

Yes, yes I can. I go to 4chan all the time and argue with people for seemingly no reason, but through those needless arguments, I learn not only about biases other people hold but my own biases.
    Oct 27, 2019
  39. Lead118
    Lead118
    I also learn about how people argue: how they structure arguments, what fallacies they fall back on, how in general they try to communicate their ideas, etc. I can learn a lot from a person based on how they try to convince me of something. It seems like a net positive despite my initial impetus coming from a place of negativity.
    Oct 27, 2019
  40. Katie Okami
    Katie Okami
    That sounds more like you're debating with people than arguing, and debate is not negative. Arguing is two people mindlessly disagreeing with each other with no real back and forth, and there's nothing to learn from it. I'm a debate, people make opposing claims and back those up with evidence, trying to convince the other person their claim is correct, and debating is extremely beneficial.
    Oct 27, 2019
  41. Spike
    Spike
    Hmm I think I like giganamax more than the mega evos but I can dig not liking them. I do think all the crazy features like Z moves are neat but kinda extra.

Also Lead stay off 4chan it rots your brain. I used it throughout high school and I lost my ability to read
    Oct 27, 2019
  42. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    Oh? And who are you to tell me how i can and cannot use my voice? Fact of the matter is, my method has proven to work, your incredulity on the matter is not an argument against it. What i do perks ears, spreads the word among those who already agree and engages those who do not, so that i may change their minds. I am a "Firebrand", the megaphone that draws attention to the issues, the "Vanguard" if you will.
    Oct 27, 2019
  43. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    4Chan is too shitpost'y for the likes of me, 4Chan however, is fucking hilarious! Did you not see what those mad lads did to Shia Labeouf a few years ago?! To his "He will not divide us" nonsense? Oh! Glorious!
    Oct 27, 2019
  44. Katie Okami
    Katie Okami
    You clearly don't know what either a firebrand or a vanguard is... Your use of firebrand is close but not quite right, and your use of vanguard is entirely wrong. If you truly believe you'll bring about change by spewing hate on a mostly dead forum where no one from Nintendo or Gamefreak will ever look, good luck, but it won't happen and you know it.
    Oct 27, 2019
  45. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    First: Do you think i only do this here? I do this where ever GameFreak post their garbage, but in case you didn't notice, i have already attracted three individuals to this issue on this site alone, yourself included. So by all means, tell me how this isn't effective. Oh, and to cut you off, one failure doesn't invalidate all the successes.
    Oct 27, 2019
  46. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    Second: That is the second time you have failed to grasp the point, if you are too stuck up your own ass to have this argument, then i suggest you bow out and save what is left of your dignity. Also, you are an American, i am British, you speak a bastardized version of the original language, do not speak to me about definitions when your entire nation can't get them right.
    Oct 27, 2019
  47. Katie Okami
    Katie Okami
    Lol there's the real issue, I'm trying to have a sensible debate while you're just trying to have a mindless argument. And wtf is that elitist British nonsense. I guess you can go ahead and have that mindset if you want, it doesn't change your incorrect usage of those words. If you stop trying to act like you're an anime character, you might not accidentally misuse words like that.
    Oct 27, 2019
  48. Katie Okami
    Katie Okami
    Anyway, I'm done responding to someone who doesn't have any sense of logic.
    Oct 27, 2019
  49. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    A sensible debate? Where you have made no arguments of your own and have addressed none of mine? That second message was a little bit of a trap, as we can see, you have once again ignored everything of substance i have said and have instead chosen to address the irreverent nonsense, you are, thus, an irreverent waste of my time. Toodles, troll.
    Oct 27, 2019
  50. Spike
    Spike
    The Shia thing was great but I’m not talking about when the users of the site do stuff. I’m speaking specifically of the site, it’s lame af. It was cooler in like 2010 but these days the boards are lame. /tg/ is ok
    Oct 28, 2019
  51. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    I know! I just went back and watched the Internet Historians videos on it, i swear some have gone missing, but it's still the funniest thing i've seen in years! I haven't the foggiest, i've never set foot there and i never will.
    Oct 28, 2019