Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Comments on Profile Post by Elven-Dreams

1. lopollo
    lopollo
    Did you like the chibi style or hate it?
    Feb 28, 2021
  2. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    I'm honestly not sure, i certainly do not hate it like some people seem to. It's just a strange choice. I adore the style when it comes to Link's Awakening, but Pokemon? There's just something...Off, about it.
    Feb 28, 2021
  3. lopollo
    lopollo
    The thing is that by what they showed, the style goes "normal" when in battle. What I'm more preoccupied about is that they said it would be faithful to the original.. so they might not add anything to it
    Feb 28, 2021
  4. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    They're probably just taking the "Faithful" part a bit too literally. While I have no real problem with the Chibi style, I would prefer they pick one and stick to it. And since I've been forced to get use to the more "Realistic' style the last few generations, I would prefer they use the battle scene models for the overworld.
    Feb 28, 2021
    lopollo likes this.
  5. lopollo
    lopollo
    I would agree with that, the thing is since they are outsourcing this game i don't think the ones developing it have access/know how to use that engine, so they make do with what they themselves have and decided this look would work the best in their engine. So if this decision of outsourcing games continues we should expect more of a uniform style across games
    Mar 2, 2021
  6. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    ...It's being outsourced?! Oh thank god! Maybe the games will end up being half way decent if GameFreak aren't there to fuck it all up.
    Mar 2, 2021
  7. lopollo
    lopollo
    Yeah, the remakes are being developed by ILCA, the company behind the Pokemon Home storage system, has had hand in helping into putting some other games out but i don't know a single game they have done by themselves so i dunno
    Mar 2, 2021
  8. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    Hmm...So likely not "Good", but likely a damn sight better that anything GameFreak could conjure.
    Mar 2, 2021
  9. lopollo
    lopollo
    Yep, pretty much, let's hope this makes them outsource more and pokemon gets better. It deserves it badly
    Mar 2, 2021
  10. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    Who needs outsourcing? Just release the copyright for a while, fans can and have made better Pokemon games than GameFreak ever have and likely ever will.
    Mar 2, 2021
  11. lopollo
    lopollo
    That's the problem tho, I think it's mostly due to nintendo that they don't do that. You've seen how they treat fan stuff. I think outsourcing it is the closest we are going to get
    Mar 2, 2021
  12. Elven-Dreams
    Elven-Dreams
    Nintendo can go die in the same ditch as GameFreak for all I care.
    Mar 2, 2021
    lopollo likes this.