Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

[18+] Hungry Space: Interstellar Frontier

Discussion in 'Thread Games' started by JanineKitty, Jan 13, 2018.

1. CodeCandy

CodeCandy Sweet Eater

Assuming Astin would know or notice Stacy's gear, she'll call the girl back. "Hey, actually... I could use some extra hands. If you help now, we might get some extra work done on this thing before we head out," she said, and begins to instruct Stacy on how to best use her probe and mechadendrites to help her.

2. Young Uguu

Young Uguu Friend of the Skeletons

Stacy was about to sit down on an unusable piece of debris and to let her scanner keep watch right as Astin calls her back. She trots back over, mechanical arms starting to unfurl from their default stored position. "Well, I've got more than a few. Just tell me where you need me." She does her best to follow the pilot's instructions to a T.

3. JanineKitty

JanineKitty Catscratch curmudgeon.

[ Oh right, rolling time. Stacy do a Tech + 2 and your result will apply a bonus to Astin's roll. ]

4. Young Uguu

(4, 2, 6. That could've gone bad, Stacy's tech is... baaaad ^^;)

5. CodeCandy

CodeCandy Sweet Eater

(Good thing it didn't, then!)

6. JanineKitty

[That'd be +1 die for Astin, roll~]

7. CodeCandy

CodeCandy Sweet Eater

(6, 1, 3, 2, 1, 2)

8. JanineKitty

[That'll be +1 for the reactor's repair progress for the roll and +1 for Stacy's assistance. Things are coming along.]

9. CodeCandy

CodeCandy Sweet Eater

( Great! That puts reactor repair at 3/4! )

10. Young Uguu

(We'll be off this planet in no time~)

11. CodeCandy

CodeCandy Sweet Eater

(I doubt that very much.)

12. CodeCandy

CodeCandy Sweet Eater

After spending quite some time working on the reactor, Astin finally steps away with a sigh. "That should be more than good enough for now," she said, brushing herself off. As she begins to change out of the engineering suit and into her normal one, she says, "Let's get ready to head out."

13. JanineKitty

[Normally I'd let you fix the reactor with just one check but I want you to get a sense for the work over time philosophy I'll be implementing. You just don't have much on a time limit at the moment.]
    The reactor is nearly good to go save for some concerns regarding leakage due to the coolant couplings needing to be replaced. Outside the fog has died down significantly though there is now condensation on the portholes. This would improve visibility allowing the pair to better get their bearings on this patch of the world.

14. Young Uguu

Stacy dutifully follows the pilot's commands, the intricate feelers of her probe and the raw strength of her suit and mechandrites doing a number to speed up the process. Stacy couldn't tell one way or the other whether things were stable, but Astin seemed satisfied, so that would do. Assuring that the jury-rigged barricades she put up with the rubble wouldn't fall over and break something, she grabbed the rest of her equipment, ready to set out with her fellow castaway.

15. CodeCandy

CodeCandy Sweet Eater

After she had all of her things together, minus the resonater that she left on the ship for the time being since she didn't understand it, Astin began to walk out of the ship. After a glance at her scanner, she pointed in the direction of the nearest positive reading of valuable minerals, "We should head that way for now."

16. JanineKitty

The reading is coming from the south west of the crash, toward the mountains and it's at the very edge of the scanner's reach. The mist has died down now, allowing a view of the horizon. Smoke trails from a few places among the trail of destruction left by the ship's crash, thin plumes rising high. To the north is a ride stretch of rocky, shruggy wasteland with a few oddly geometric mesas rising in the far distance. Stacy could swear she sees something moving among them.

17. CodeCandy

CodeCandy Sweet Eater

Astin immediately heads off in the direction of the readings, hands stuffed into her pockets as she walks. She didn't see anything in the distance, after all. And they needed to get a better feel for the area.

18. Young Uguu

Stacy tenses up as she scans the horizon while she waits for Astin, already equipped with her gear. Her eyes linger on the northern plateaus, sight catching movement too far away for her scanners to confirm. It's just as likely that her vision is spotting out from so recently and rudely being ripped out of cryostasis, but...

"...Hey Astin." She speaks up as the pilot starts off in the direction her scanner points. "I know that gathering supplies is priority number one to keep us alive in the short term, but I'm sure that our crash landing attracted some attention. I feel like there's something out there, closer than we might hope. Ya think we could leave behind that little guy to watch the ship, just so we know what we're coming back to?" She points to the drone hovering a few paces behind the other castaway.

19. CodeCandy

CodeCandy Sweet Eater

Astin stops for a moment to consider that, looking from Stacy to the drone to the ship, then back to Stacy, then up to the drone, then back to the ship. "Alright, though I doubt the ship will be in much danger. We're more likely to need the protection, but if it'll make you feel better." She shrugged and ordered the drone to hang back and watch over the ship.

20. Young Uguu

Stacy nodded as the drone buzzed up to the top of the ship to keep lookout. "That thing looks high tech, but I doubt it'll do us much good in a fight. I just know I don't wanna come back with supplies and get mauled by some little beastie while I'm trying to shower off..." With that, she flicked on her own scanners and followed behind Astin, pinging for any sudden movement or strange biological occurrences.