Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Aliens, do they exist?

Discussion in 'Intelligent Discussion' started by Mr. Buttapple, Mar 2, 2009.

Tags:

Aliens? what do you believe?

1. Yes

100 vote(s)
    87.7%
  2. No (what would the question be other than no... pie?)

14 vote(s)
    12.3%
  1. Mr. Buttapple

Mr. Buttapple Sell by Date, 9/01/2010

Our planet is based in the life zone (a place where it is not to hot or too cold so life can live) obviously since there are millions more galaxys, with trillions more solar systems, there must be trillions of life zones meaning there our a trillions planets the same as ours. 0.o spooky isnt it.

its just they are not technilogicly advanced to visit our planet yet... :D

2. frankenfish

frankenfish Computer Guru

if the universe is truly infinite then it is mathematically IMPOSSIBLE that there is not life out there. intelligent life too.

however emerging theories are starting suggest that the universe itself is not infinite but there are infinite parallel universes. if that proves to be true then the word universe itself will be inaccurate because universe means "one space". universe will become multiverse. I'll save more of that for a rainy day:thumb:

3. Devin

Devin Administrator Staff Member Administratior

I'm going to be clear about this.

This is INTELLIGENT discussion, this section isn't for 1 worded "yes they are" or "no they are not" you need to state a theory or proof why you think they are or are not

4. Charismatic_Caterpie

Charismatic_Caterpie Professional Gamer

Not everyone that wants to discuss the topics in this sub-forum is a bona fide academic/philosophical giant. The reply from Rubylula that you seem to have deleted appears to be a perfectly fine response to the question, and not a one-worded waste of space. The idea of posters having to formulate whole theories or thesis just to state their opinion is preposterous, to say it lightly.

If you wish to promote this sub-forum as a place for intellectuals and pseudo-intellectuals, you shouldn't blatantly dictate the manner in which they post, because not everyone is capable of expressing such complex thoughts (especially considering we have a good amount of younger children on the forum), or just cannot always be bother to type out an elaborate reply when they could more succintly summarize their ponderings with a shortened thought. The active posters are who should be setting the standard for posting, so that everyone else who wishes to post here gets a feel for the topics and "atmosphere" without being scared away.

To not waste a post, I will say that I do believe there are life forms "out there" (wherever "there" may be), but I just don't feel that there are really that many hospitable planets that the sentient beings would be aware of most of the other sentients, due to the live-able planets being far and few in between. It would be stupid to assume that we are the only ones to have our technology advanced to this point (or within a reasonably close gap), though, much less the possibility of others being more technologically advanced than us, Master of Cats.

5. Angel of Game

Angel of Game You want ban?

Let's see...
    There's a possibility that Aliens do exist in "somewhere". (I don't know where "somewhere" is.) But I'm not quiet sure about this since we still don't have any technologies to proof this. Maybe you ever heard about UFO that has perfect resembles to this matter but UFO is abbreviation for Unidentified Flying Object which maybe only a prototype plane that tested by someone.

Maybe we can answer this question with proofs after a very long time. For now, we only can answer this based on our opinions.

6. Blaze

Blaze Guest

I personally refuse to believe that humans are the only intelligent beings in the universe.

I'd say that's self-explanatory.

Since there are worlds which can support life, then it's entirely plausible that sentient beings capable of interstellar travel do exist, especially if they didn't have to suffer through a "Dark Age" period like humanity has.

Our definition of "habitable" is only viewed through the fragility of human life, but we already know that life can exist even in areas that would kill one of us instantly. So in theory, there are a lot more life-supporting planets than we can ever imagine. Since life evolves, said creatures will too -or maybe they already have.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009
  7. raul-oo

raul-oo Incest, no biggy !

Didn't people experiment in roswell ? Because that must be a good source of proof !

8. Mr. Buttapple

its just that wasnt real... it was stirred up in the press and people have photo shopped photos... so yea, no proof, Yet.

9. raul-oo

Yeah that is a bad thing we have the technology to photoshop photos like put aliens into a picture but it must have some reality in it if the whole world (USA, and UK) ! But another bad thing about that is that you have alot of people claiming " i saw a UFO" and another thing (this is becoming a rant) UFO doesn't mean alien but loads of people think that it does it means unidentifyed flying object, so before it is found to be an alien it could be a plane ! Did anyone see that story in the paper about the suspected thing of aliens hitting them wind turbines ?

10. Fire-Fly

Fire-Fly Valued by Funny-Games

I think it would be extremely ignorant to believe we were the only intelligent life in the endlessness that is the universe. Even if it is not intelligent there is no way that there isn't some form of other life out there.So yes I do think there are aliens

11. Mr. Buttapple

i saw it in the paper i just bet some yobs did it... with a chain saw... lol

12. raul-oo

From that though....it wasn't yobs 1 turbine was bent and the other was fully ripped off and have you seen how big turbines are ? When i have enough posts and if this thread is still in discussion i'll show the picture and it is pretty hard to not resort to saying that the damage done to the turbine is from aliens !

13. Mr. Buttapple

A BIG chainsaw! And then CHUCK NORRIS CAME AND STEPPED ON IT! (good explaination. Eh?) jk... lol

Idk maybe it was a RAF plane or something and it was flying too low? and the goverment was too embarrassed to own up?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2009
  14. puckeruptb12

puckeruptb12 n00b

15. frankenfish

frankenfish Computer Guru

16. Zeusy

Zeusy The Surreal Love Bastard

HEll Yeah They DO, They Cut My Lawn

But Seriously, To Me It would make Sense If they EXisted, cuz I mean There HAS to Be at least one other Planet in this Huge-ass Universe besides Earth that has some Form of Life on It.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2009
  17. NoE

NoE Pride ♥

I do believe. I think people who dont believe are selfish to think were the only life form in this gigantic solar system and universes, and we havnt visited them yet, and your saying their not real because they havnt visited us, does that mean earth doesnt exist if we've never visited them.:confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2009
  18. Mr. Buttapple

Im getting the feeling im not intelligent enough to even post in my own thread :D

i did watch this documentary about steven hawking (you know the one who can only move his cheek muscle) he is comparing the theory of realativity (Einstein) and quantom phisics to astablish a theory on the whole universe... *take a page out of his book!*

19. raul-oo

was that a documentary just basicly about his life ? Because if it was i saw it ! He knows that much about the universe and everything in it that he probably knows whether there are aliens are not !

20. Mr. Buttapple

no it was on his research and what he thinks, plus he has never seen a alien or been up to space so he wont know -.-