Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Aliens, our gods?

Discussion in 'Intelligent Discussion' started by cupcake23, Jul 10, 2011.

1. cupcake23

cupcake23 fuck the muffin man

So I know a lot of people are gonna write this off as fiction right off in the beginning because aliens don't exist or whatever. Humor me.

The theory has surfaced a few times and I want to know what the fg community thinks. The theory goes: Long ago, during the first blemishes of life (i.e. Mayans, Incas, etc.) Alien(s) came down and taught humans to do, well, everything. Building temples, irrigation, sewer systems, all that stuff that makes life practical. In return, humans worshipped them as gods.

Opinions?

2. SC-Glider

SC-Glider -

Disagreed. Even if alien life forms with enough intelligence existed, many of those inventions you mentioned, irrigation, sewer systems, were very vague ideas during the times of early human life.

3. cupcake23

cupcake23 fuck the muffin man

Well, not necessarily. The very first societies were nomadic. They had a hunter gatherer system. They didn't farm or build substantial shelters. I'm not saying its impossible that early societies came up with some of the techniques and tools, just that they were aided in their early development.

4. teetop99

teetop99 A ghost visiting the past

That's an interesting take on it. The theory I heard was that we were cell and whatnot still in the water and aliens sped up our rate of evolution. Not that I believe this but that's the way I heard aliens being involved with us.

5. Flounce

Flounce Tactical Wordsmith

Yeah, and then we had to sacrifice a few lasses every so often so the aliens could grow other eviler aliens inside the girls. Then the killing the aliens when they hatch out of us, kinda like for sport. But then stuff got out of hand and they had to blow everything up.
    Or are you meaning those chaps with crystal skulls?

Seriously though, if creatures capable of interstellar travel came to earth we'd be like watching apes pick flees off each other. I like to think that, even through millions of years of separate evolution, 'they' would have similar morals to us. In the same way that wildlife documentary crews don't interfere with nature, the aliens wouldn't interfere with us.

6. sceneme

sceneme n00b

Aliens are not our Gods.. We were born from Stars, Comets, Asteroids and all Cosmic Rays of the Universe. So thats why we have Stars and Signs.... We were made by them.

7. uhh12345

uhh12345 lost

aliens

aliens are real we entar the only intelegent life in all of space the government hides things from the public trust me im part of seti

8. uhh12345

uhh12345 lost

yes i agree with you theres a good amount of evidence towards the idea that "aliens" descended from the (what people called the skys back then) heavens and taught them how to basicly survive and helped them by also giving them information so they called them gods since they came from what they belived to be was heaven

9. uhh12345

uhh12345 lost

they limited it to that since its very efficient but humans adapted and started "evolving" but they taught us things like that so we wouldnt start messing up our planet like we do now.

10. Stinger

Stinger Guest

Motive?

You'd have to wonder what their motive was. A seriously long term project to give a smart ape irrigation and hope you'll have some interstellar buddies in about 10k years.

Aliens that do that just for worship,you seriously have to worry about their mental state. Assuming for a second that they are not biologically compatible, then what can we offer them that they cant take or make for themselves? Who wants to travel light years for pretty beads and shells?

Finally I think you underestimate the human mind and the sheer number of years we have been around. Have some faith in your fellow man and woman (difficult some days I know!).

It's an occams razor argument at the end of the day. They aren't needed to explain the world as it is so in the absence of positive evidence for them i prefer theories which don't add complexity for no reason other than it being an interesting concept.

That said there is a v interesting book about aliens in the time of the exodus... i'll talk about it in another post if I get a chance

11. uhh12345

uhh12345 lost

makes sence but humanity is at a 50,50 chance since almost everyone does not get along or set aside the difference of color and just finally conclude we are all human we should act human instead of acting so primitive