Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

An idea for a screenplay

Discussion in 'Arts' started by SexyDan92, Feb 14, 2009.

1. SexyDan92

SexyDan92 The Clansman

Hi guys and gals, just started a new screnplay cuz iw as born, plz comment, but dont just hate mail, like point out things that cud be wrong, or be nice lol

thanks

ARMAGEDDON
    Written by
    Daniel Abbott

BLACK SCREEN-(VOICEOVER)-LYSANDER
    There is no such thing as good and evil, only varying shades of cruelty and love, but when such evil great evil arises, it mus be fought, for the survival of humanity depends upon the few heroes who, without recognition, serve humanity in its hours of direst need, who save us from this Armageddon.

EXT. DARK ALLEY-NIGHT
    A long haired man runs down the alley, looking over his shoulder all the time, fog is swirling around him as he runs. He trips on a loose cobble and lands hard, turning, he crawls away. Suddenly a darkened figure walks in front of him, hooded and cloaked, its face cant be seen.

CLOAKED FIGURE
    Where is it

The man looks terrified, but a look of triumph crosses his face, he pulls himself onto his arms and smiles grimly

DR JACKSON
    I don’t have it anymore, he took it before i could stop him
    (PAUSE) You are too late

The cloaked figure snarls and rushes at DR JACKSON who is still on the floor.

FADE TO BLACK- SCREAMING

INT. TOMS APARTMENT-NIGHT

A young man, TOM DAVIS, wakes up, sweat beading on his forehead, he is toned, but not overly muscly and has a scar running down his back, he pulls himself up and looks at the time on his rolex watch, it is 3:45AM. He gets out of bed and a beeping starts, he looks over to the laptop which he has on his desk, he goes over and opens up the video screen which is on their. It shows a teenager on it, holding a can of beer in his hand.

ALAN JONES
    Hey TOM, its ALAN, dude, there is some serious shit going down, the police have just sealed off that alley which runs
    behind THE DARK HORSE, well word on the block is that theyve found a dead body.

TOM paused at the words 'dead body', he looked back down at the screen and saw DR JACKSON's body on screen.

ALAN JONES
    I mean seriously, a dead body like a block away from your house, anyways, ive sent you the pictures

TOM dropped the glass he was holding and went gray.

TOM DAVIS
    Oh my god!
    I know that guy, he came in and covered my Mythology degree
    but......

Suddenly, a knock on the door, TOM turned and looked shrewdly at the door, he quickly went to his bedside drawer, he pulled it open and withdrew the SMITH & WESSON which he kept there, slowly he loaded it, keeping an eye on the door.

ALAN JONES
    TOM, whats going on?
    are you there?

TOM winced at the loud voice emanating from the Laptop.

TOM DAVIS
    Hold on a sec
    dont make a sound

He picked up the SMITH & WESSON and moved to the door, staying in the shadows all the time.

TOM DAVIS
    Who's there?

He waited a second and then a strong voice replied

LYSANDER
    A friend TOM
    open up for gods sake

TOM started as he heard his voice spoken, he slowly opened the door, standing there was a short bearded man, carrying a long wrapped parcel. Rain was dripping from his beard

LYSANDER
    Well TOM, what a terrible day it has been
    JACKSON dead, and now they are on to me

He briskly walked over to the leather couch and sat down, water splashing everywhere. TOM saw that there was a sword hilt poking out of the cloth wrapped parcel.

TOM DAVIS
    Im sorry man, but who the hell are you?

Lysander chuckled heartily, he stood up and walked over to TOM
    LYSANDER

Im so terribly sorry
    LYSANDER, Knight of OLYMPUS
    at your service

TOM looked Bewildered as he shakes LYSANDER's hand.

LYSANDER
    But of course, you will know why im here
    you do dont you?

EXT. OUTSIDE TOMS APARTMENT- NIGHT

The shadowed figure looks up at the light still on in TOMS APARTMENT

SHADOWED FIGURE
    Its here, i can feel it
    Move in

From the shadows, hunchbacked creatures, wearing sharp armour and carrying sharp blades enter the building.

INT. TOMS APARTMENT-NIGHT

LYSANDER
    What I am about to tell you,
    will change your perception of the world
    all that you believe to be true will be false

LYSANDER motions for TOM to sit down

LYSANDER
    Humanity is not the only intelligent inhabitant of this planet
    There are mystical beings, magic creatures of huge proportions below the surface, in the
    dark places of the world

EXT. ANCIENT BATTLE-VOICEOVER-

Heroes clash in a titanic struggle, warriors using magic cast fire and ice all over the battlefield

LYSANDER(O.S)
    In the ancient times, when humans fought side by side with the giants and gods of this earth
    there was one last battle, with the human heroes on one side and the gods and magical beings on the otherm the trickster god LOKI, had betrayed the gods and decided that ASGARD was his to rule and had created a terrible army with which he prematurely broughtt about RAGNAROK and created this fight.

In the midst of the fight there are huge gods, ZEUS throwing lightning bolts, ODIN with his spear, grungir throwing down enemies, there are humans and supernatural creatures fighting, PERSEUS runs into the battle, weilding a sword, with exactly the same hilt as the one which LSYANDER carries.

LYSANDER(O.S)
    The battle raged on and the gods fell one by one to defend humanity
    When at the last, PERSEUS bearing the sword of ACHILLES smote down LOKI
    casting him into the ABYSS, there to remain as long as the line of PERSEUS remained

PERSEUS runs directly at LOKI, and stabs LOKI in the heart.

CUT WHITE SCREEN

EXT.ANCIENT GREEK PALACE

PERSEUS is being crowned king

and thats as far as ive got at the mo, but say whay you think :D

2. Zeusy

Zeusy The Surreal Love Bastard

it would'vwe made sense if you had call it RAGNAROK because Armageddon was taken already, and its not as catchy. but over all its pretty good idea

3. SexyDan92

SexyDan92 The Clansman

thats a good idea. thanks, and for people who say im getting all the mythology mixed up, i know, trust me, i know my mythology, i just needed to mix it up to create a storyline, so any norse paganism worshippers or secret ancient greeks,dont get too offended!