Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Are Hell and Purgatory real?

Discussion in 'Hell' started by LolaBunny, Jan 2, 2009.

1. LolaBunny

LolaBunny Best Thang youll eva meet

Is hell or purgatory real.

2. dmen

dmen Angel of Death

hell is all to real for most mortals to handle. and purgatory, wtf?(sry for my stupidity)

3. Deadly shot

Deadly shot The Offensive Type!

I think they are. Like that time an investigation accidently found hell by hearing screams of torture and manaic laughter by audio;.

Purgatory? Well it seems real. I mean seriously, where did all these ghosts come from? Both Demon and human spirits are crawling all over the place and people defy to believe it because they dont want to face that these things are a threat to us.

Heaven? Well if theres hell, theres heaven. Otherwise we would all be just assholes killing each other because we know were going anyway;.

4. wolfpackgirl12123

wolfpackgirl12123 bite me

yes they are both real!!!!!!

5. mrmystic

mrmystic MoreAkwardthanaJewateastr

You guys wouldn't be asking this question if you'd ever been to Salt Lake City...

6. The Alaskan Firedragon

The Alaskan Firedragon Stupid Boy Whore

People who believe in ghosts are at best, retarded. There isn't any proof behind ghosts existing, people just like to think that ghosts exist because their own lives suck so much. People tend to be pessimistic, but people don't believe in ghosts, not because they are afraid, but it's completely illogical.

And no, I think there are neither hell or purgatory, because there is no such thing as a soul.

7. Rubylula

Rubylula Like a mother bitch.

I think both are just concepts people like to believe.
    Personally, I think both are a load of BS, but you may think otherwise.
    I'll still hate you though. xD

8. hellbeast08

hellbeast08 Final Judgement

Idk

you never know until you get there for all we know earth could just be hell

9. link

link Guest

Yea.. Hell is as real as holocaust.. which is bs.

10. Zation

Zation n00b

From the frozen Hell )-(

Seen' how I live here, I have to say that this is a very real place. However, it seems people don't seem to have very much knowledge about what or where Hell is and how come it's called Hell, so it falls on me to inform you.

So, I have to tell you the story of how my homeland came to be called Hell. But, where to begin..? Ah, yes I'll begin my story with them vikings. The Vikings believed that the world was divided into three levels or planes.
    The top plane was the Asgård, the home of the aesier, the gods of the Vikings. In Asgård there was the great meadhall of Odin (god of mead, magic and the gallows, and the King of the gods): Valhalla. If a warrior died in battle he was carried to Valhalla by a valkyrie. In Valhalla he would spend his time fighting, drinking and eating until the Ragnarök (the end of the World).
    The middle plane was the Midgård, which translates to Middle-Earth (...yes prof. Tolkien stole the name from Norse mythology). The Midgård is the mortal world, in which mortal people live.
    Underneath Midgård is the great and dark and dank cave of Hel (the spelling is correct there's only one L in the original word). Hel is the damned place, where women, children and those who died of old age or disease (I'm not sure does that include those who died of infected wounds after the battle) go to suffer their duelly deserved punishment.
    Beginning in the late 8th century the Vikings began to travel the World and trade with or raid the people they encountered. Among the Vikings there was a class of fierce warriors known as berserkers. With the help of the magical potion of Odin (mead) these berserkers would psyche themselves up into a furious frenzy before going into battle. While in this frenzy they would not stop fighting even if they were horribly wounded; in fact it would only make them more furious.
    When the Vikings conquered portions of the Angel (England) and Emerald (Ireland) isles, the indiginous people of the isles saw the berserkers as terrifying monsters that would not stop coming at you even if they had been viscirated and their insides were dragging behind them as they were rampaging through the battlefield.
    As the Vikings traveled around in wooden ships, they needed lumber. To the East of the Scandinavian peninsula is the land of the Finns, which is still today mostly (some 80%) covered by forests, which were in those days mostly untouched wilderness. So the Vikings attempted to secure their lumber supply by conquering this Finland.
    However, when they came to invade this land, they were completely overwhelmed by the guerilla warfare of the Finnish hunters. They would row upriver to the inland like they had done everywhere else, but when they landed ashore, the everpresent forest was echoing with haunting music and chanting. The air was filled with flying arrows. And if they made it under the canopy of the forest they were attacked by these things that had human faces but were covered with the furs of beasts and had the claws of bears and the heads of wolves.
    Some few warriors were lucky enough to escape alive and travel back home to tell the tale of the land of Hel, where the demons and the witches roam the land and the rivers run red with blood. In time, some of these warriors traveled to the occupied Angel and Emerald isles to tell their tales. The oppressed people of the isles noticed the genuine fear these berserkers had for Hel and so they adopted the name of the land that frightened even mosters as a name for the purgatory of their own mythology: Hell.

Now, I'm not sure how historically accurate this account is, but I do know that the Vikings did call Finland Hel and the word was adopted to the English language from them. So, when the word hell implies to a REAL place, it means Finland. When the word purgatory implies to a REAL condition, it means angsiety resulting from percieved amorality.

11. dmen

dmen Angel of Death

o.o dam. it aint that important dude.

12. AngelOfLight

AngelOfLight Vegeta's slut Goku's girl

Don't know , Satan is quite hot. ;O