Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

armageddon?

Discussion in 'Intelligent Discussion' started by marl, May 29, 2009.

1. marl

marl n00b

do you believe that the world will end in a few years or decades and how?
    according too the aztecs they said the world will end in 2012 on 25th december, but the egyptions said it will end in the year 2271. whats ur view?:confused::confused::confused:

2. tainted_black

tainted_black shroomy :D

the world is gonna end and were gonna die unless by 2012 we find someway of living on mars or the moon or something like that lol
    the aztects had the a calder soo accurate that it shouldnt have been that accurate that long ago, and also they were so advanced in technology for that time then they just suddenly disapeared and i dont believe in coinsidences , so the world is gonna end in 2012 even this web bot thing said soo, it predicts stuff for stocks and stuff but researchers have used it to predict other stuff.

3. MegaMan

MegaMan Guest

Some program sais were doomed to die on some set date so were all screwed, lol, right.

It''s fun to think about these things bieng true, but there is no such thing as fortune telling or looking into the future. The world will never end, humans wont be around forever, but if I had to put money on how the human race will parish I would put it on some sort of epidemic that could wipe us all out.

The nostradomous predictions were so vague they could be interpretted into many different occurances, so... w/e I guess.

Just because some calendar tells you your going to die tomarrow that doesnt meen you will, thats just silly.

4. Fire-Fly

Fire-Fly Valued by Funny-Games

No the Aztecs didn't say the world would end by 2012...It was the Mayans, whose calender stopped at 2012. Just because their calender stopped doesn't mean crap. While humanity may die the world won't. It is going to be a large chunk of rock in space for long time after humanity is gone.

And to answer your question if humanity is going to end by 2012...No, it has been predicted that the humanity was going to end so many times. Ya know what? Were still here! Were going to be here after 2012, and chances are were going to be here after 2271. More than likely some differences like in the future our race is going to be fatter if things keep going as they are, but humanity in some form will be still kicking around

5. marl

marl n00b

well they predicted that a huge tornadoe ( i think) will wipe out everyone on earth except from 2 people, a male and a female, who start humanity of again.

6. Chaossama

Chaossama Just a user, literally

I personally don't believe the world's going to come to an end, but then again, I couldn't care less if it did.

Probably just me but I never quite got why people cared so much. If the end of the world comes, not much we can really do, now can we?

7. Rotom XD

Rotom XD How's she cuttin'?!

The Mayans said that an earthquake would kill everyone on 21st December 2012,but,they also said that a man and a woman would survive(hopefully,if it actually happens,I'll be the man!).

Personally,I think the world will end when the sun explodes,that won't be for billions of years though.

8. BSer16

BSer16 n00b

aww, I'm dissapointed. I thought you guys would be talking about armageddon.

FYI...Armageddon is a war and not the end of the world. The end of the world comes sometime after The War of Armageddon.

9. cool shiva

cool shiva shiva

i dont believe that and that one man and one woman will left seems like a joke according to m e its a foolish thing and if it is truth then also we cant do nothing so i m carefree about that

10. Hershey

Hershey i2's Chocolate Megatron.

Shazam!

I do believe that they Earth will be around for billions of years to come.
    But, who knows? If something were to wipe out humanity or something along those lines, our planet would still be around.
    We'll all have to wait and see, really.

11. marl

marl n00b

i got some info about it
    The war will start in 2007. The antichrist will stand in the Jewish Temple of Jerusalem and declare that he is God. The Bible calls this the 'abomination of desolation'. Shortly after this the Arab nations will unite against Israel. Egypt will lead Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, and Jordan - every nation with a border with Israel - against it. Russia and its allies will join on the side of the Arabs. During the fight the US and Russia will use nuclear weapons against each other. The war will leave 2 billion dead.<-----:shocked:

12. BSer16

BSer16 n00b

wow, where'd you find all that?

13. marl

marl n00b

on the computer...

anyways i think the world or humanity will end when some guys in iraq will realese an atomic bomb or something, i think its gonna be something to do with the war,

14. Fire-Fly

Fire-Fly Valued by Funny-Games

And Iraq is capable of producing a working ICBM? Just out of curiosity are you American, and one who bought into all the propaganda Bush shitted on about? Iraq doesn't have weapons capable of mass destruction. Never did, probably never will.

If anything you should be more worried about North Korea. They are on the verge of actually launching a missile at South Korean soil, thus starting a war. Which America will join on the South Koreans side. They have stated that 'if any of its ships were stopped or searched as part of an American-led operation to intercept vessels suspected of carrying weapons of mass destruction', and then citing a North Korean military spokesman “We consider this a declaration of war against us,”.

Ok so if you looking for something to be worried about causing a nuclear war don't look at the middle east, the only country really rich enough/has the technology readily available to produce these weapons would be Israel and they rely so much on America. There are not going to bite the hand that feeds now are they? I'm sure other Middle Eastern countries could, but as much as you may be surprised, chances are they don't want to end the world...as much as a lot of them don't like Americans.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2009
  15. marl

marl n00b

According to traditional interpretations, Satan, released from the abyss for a short time, will gather Gog and Magog from the four corners of the earth after having been imprisoned for 1,000 years in the abyss by means of the angel of God, and they will encamp surrounding the holy ones and the "beloved city". Fire comes down from God out of heaven and devours Gog and Magog, and the Devil who deceived them is thrown into Gehenna (the lake of fire and brimstone) where the beast and the false prophet have been. By means of Jesus both have been seized and thrown into Gehenna 1000 years previous to Armageddon.

armageddon translated means "battle"

16. gimil

gimil Community n00b

They didn't disappear (nor did the mayans) they where fucked over by european colonies who came over and pillaged them. The Spanished pretty much removed every trace of a mayans that they came across. There is very little left and as a result we don't know as much as we could about the mayans.

Also the mayans prediction isn't that the earth will end in 2012, it is that it will change on a drastic scale. This prediction was made by looking at the stars.

With modern technology we can confirm that there is a very real possibility of risk to the earth and humans that will happen somewhere around 2012. Around this time the earth will pass through the 'equator of the galazy' at this point (the equator) has a very very strong magnetic/gravitational pull from the black hole in the center of the milky way. This magnetic/gravitational pull with cause a polar shift (where the mantal of the earth is ripped off the core and moved around the earth creating two new polar regions).

This can cause use earthquakes, volcanic destructions etc etc.

It is all mainly theory based however so we will not actually know if it is true until it happens. Check this video out for a better description of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Lhs7VR52Bg

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2009
  17. funnygames018

funnygames018 n00b

If the life on earth is coming to an end early, then we should enjoy our life. If it is for after few more decades then let us live for today and prepare for our next gen to survive.

18. frankenfish

frankenfish Computer Guru

Armageddon is a place, not an event. the battle AT Armageddon not OF. its a large flat plain at the foot of Mount Megiddo.

the meaning of all these end time myths has been lost throughout the generations. life on earth will not end, nor will humans cease to exist. there will be no battle. there is no devil, there is no god (in the tradition meaning of the words). instead of the end of the earth what they are really talking about is humans rising to a new level, evolving to put it crudely. the word apocalypse translates literally into "lifting of veil" or "revelation".

and as for the mayans, they were great star trackers, they accurately predicted celestial events for thousands of years, even after their culture fell apart the predictions they made turned out to be true. their "dooms day" prophecy involves water falling from the heavens and flooding the earth. we are currently leaving the celestial age of Pisces the two fish and moving into the age of Aquarius the water bearer. thats all it means

19. HushKrissy

HushKrissy Funny Dudette

2012's not the end of the world. it's merely the end of our current age.

20. By Reason of Insanity

By Reason of Insanity I accidently your post

If the world was going to end in 2012, i do think that they would have put it on the news and we would all be panicing etc, The world is not going to end any time soon. If it was the cause would be that we either cause an economic crises that makes us all characters from Mad Max and start to fight for petrol or this so called "God" screws us over.

Also if it was going to end in 2012, why did the Bills Sign Terrell Ownes?