Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by aravindgiri, Dec 30, 2009.

Tags:

Have you seen Avatar the movie and how was it?

This poll will close on May 17, 2037 at 9:01 AM.
  1. Nice.

94.1%
  2. Worst

2.9%
  3. Don't even think about it.

2.9%
  1. aravindgiri

aravindgiri n00b

2. ~Nemes!S~

~Nemes!S~ n00b

i heard its actually really good

3. Chaossama

Chaossama Just a user, literally

Direct copy from my post on another forum:

To be honest, I was surprised that such a topic had not already been made. But on second thought, this is a game forum, not a movie forum, so it's understandable. In any case, this is Avatar, James Cameron's first directed movie since Titanic (yes, that old movie that everyone seemed to like at the time and now seem to make fun of, or at least not like so much), and I have to say....I liked it.

I watched the 3D version (naturally), and his usage of 3D was, to quote my friend "done right" in that it lent a sense of depth perception while not just having things flung seemingly at your face, as other 3D films have done. The storyline was basic and cliche, the human characters one-sided. But other than that, the world he created was absorbing and its native characters intriguing. So I'd definitely go watch it again, if I were given the chance.

To put it into perspective, though slightly blasphemous, Dark Knight, when I finished watching, did not seem a movie I could watch again. It was a movie that ended then and there and should be moved on from. Avatar, on the other hand, I felt that I could go watch it again and be absorbed yet again in the character interactions and in the world they lived in.

So, that's it, I suppose. Reply as you will.

4. aravindgiri

aravindgiri n00b

How was it in 3D? 'Cause I'm gonna see it in 3D!

5. Fire-Fly

Fire-Fly Valued by Funny-Games

It...Was...Most excellent!

6. Dark-Angel

Dark-Angel Guest

It was unbelievable in 3D..... Speechless.

7. Chaossama

Most excellent indeed. But I heard that the 2D is also very vivid as well.

8. Dark-Angel

Dark-Angel Guest

But why watch it in 2D when you can have dragon things flying in your face. :p

9. Chaossama

Because 3D is expensive as all hell? And not all movie theaters have it? Reasons like that?

10. Dark-Angel

Dark-Angel Guest

You have a point, but for me the 3D wasn't that expensive. o_O

11. Chaossama

Just in comparison, though perhaps unfairly, I watched Avatar 4 days after it came out and Sherlock Holmes 2 days after it came out. Yet Avatar was twice the price of Sherlock Holmes.

I'm going to regard that as "There's an added price, and there are those who don't want to pay it"

12. Dark-Angel

Dark-Angel Guest

Lol, but I definitely would recommend watching it in 3D, it's worth the extra money.

13. Chaossama

Perhaps. But I'm simply saying that the 2D is also good, and that one can settle for it instead of having to go 3D.

14. Dark-Angel

Dark-Angel Guest

I'm not saying that the 2D is bad, I totally agree that it's great in 2D, I'm just saying that if you're willing to pay the price then go for the 3D.

15. aravindgiri

aravindgiri n00b

Anyway, my father has booked it at a theater called "Inox" and the slogan is "LIVE THE MOVIE". It's in 3-D and it's gonna be fun! Did anybody watch the movie? My father booked it day before yesterday and I am going to see on 2nd January.

16. DarkStar

DarkStar Banned

In britain not always. It is only a quid extra here.

17. Chaossama

*sigh* Read the other reason then, that's a bit more prevalent.

18. aravindgiri

aravindgiri n00b

It is Rs. 200 (US$ 4) here in Inox! We had to pay Rs. 260 (Rs.240 for booking ticket and Rs.20 for internet booking charges.)

19. Angel of Game

Angel of Game You want ban?

Great movie, if I must say. :p

But, since I'm too obsessed with anime, which is very annoying, it seems like part of my mind refuse to rate it more than 8/10...

Damnit, I think I should watch more movies like this so I can give it a better rate. -_-"

20. Chaossama

Oh, btw, found this on the Net, may be of interest to some people

[youtube]xq_nRfoBSm0[/youtube]