Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by aravindgiri, Dec 30, 2009.

Tags:

Have you seen Avatar the movie and how was it?

This poll will close on May 17, 2037 at 9:01 AM.
  1. Nice.

94.1%
  2. Worst

2.9%
  3. Don't even think about it.

2.9%
  1. ehra2008

ehra2008 n00b

I have read in yahoo news that James Cameron is doing the prequel for this movie but it would be released in books...

2. Chaossama

Chaossama Just a user, literally

Bah, whatever, I feel the storyline isn't strong enough to begin with to have a prequel, but let's see how that goes.

3. ehra2008

ehra2008 n00b

Hehehe..I guess it would only be in book so we will not be expecting part 2 in movies yet which I think is much better since it was still new..But let us see if this thing finished and published

4. Chaossama

We'll see indeed.

5. UzumakiNARuTO

UzumakiNARuTO What?

Amazing Film. :)

6. aravindgiri

aravindgiri n00b

It was nice in 3-D. I think it would be nice in 3-D.

7. Jade90

Jade90 Jade90

I've not seen this movie yet but I really want to go see it. I heard it is a great movie

8. Chaossama

Yeah, it's a pretty good movie.

Though its shine is wearing off by now, but if you've never seen it before, I recommend you do so.

9. Devlini

Devlini Mr Man

A very great film that cost millions to make, but made even more. I've had just about enough of Avatar for a lifetime.

10. Chaossama

lol, I think everyone has.

11. Scottish Legend

Scottish Legend Anybody still alive on here?

I have to say, Avatar was an awesome film hands down.

12. Rubylula

Rubylula Like a mother bitch.

Oh dear.
    It was shit.
    I lost interest after about half an hour.
    The 3D aspect is pretty sweet, but the actual plot or story or whatever is pretty dull.

Not my cup of tea. o_O

13. Chaossama

I know what you mean.

The storyline, as I mentioned, was just the generic one, hell, the cliched one. But the graphics were what kept me still watching it. They sure got enough visual Academy Awards for it (3 if I recall correctly), though I admit I lol'd when Hurt Locker (directed by James Cameron's ex-wife) got the award for Best Picture.

14. the disciple

the disciple not good=not the end

look Avatar is a very good movie it shows like what happens to the world and also that aliens and other things like that such a speople we r fighting against in war and always the baddys we are to!!! i also like the storyline and all the action it si very good in 3-D as well because it doesnt over use it. In my view it is an excellent movie ya know James cameron is an awsome director as he has directed two great movies!!!! Put it simply Avatar you must watch it in 3-D if possible and if you live in britian it isnt that expensive!!!!!!

15. Chaossama

Avatar, as mentioned above, is not really that great of a movie in terms of storylines. The story's been done to death before, nobody cares anymore.

What it won awards for was its graphics. Well done 3D is well done.

Funnily enough, James Cameron didn't win any awards for Best Picture, Best Director, or whatnot. Just the visual stuff.

16. Ncio

Ncio Epic

Great film, but like Devlini said, I've had enough of Avatar for a lifetime.

17. Chaossama

I think everyone has. The hype about it really just got too much.

18. aravindgiri

aravindgiri n00b

Actually, Avatar is a high budget film because of the 3-D glasses which have been selling for more than 100 days in India. It hd een running for 110 days in India with 3-D and without 3-D. But, it is in the second place in the Awards Tally(which was held in last week). So, it is a good film to see for my own budget that is 4 or 5 US Dollars.

19. aravindgiri

aravindgiri n00b

It has released again in India, Phlippines, Singapore and Malaysia. It includes some more scenes such as the sex scenes and the celebration of the glory of the Navis against the rival that is human. It will be very nice if your in these countries. And sorry for the late post.

Qoute from Wikipedia:

Extended theatrical re-release

In July 2010, Cameron confirmed that there would be a limited theatrical re-release of the film on August 27, 2010, exclusively in 3-D theaters and IMAX 3D Fox also posted the international re-release dates for Avatar: Special Edition on the film's official website The re-release includes an additional 9 minutes of footage, all of which is CG,including an extension of the sex scene and various other scenes that were cut from the original theatrical film. Cameron stated that the 9 minutes of added scenes cost more than $1 million a minute to produce and finish.

20. Blackhawk

Blackhawk Guest

I have never seen it, was it good or not, is it worth getting on dvd

aravindgiri likes this.