Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Becoming a mod

Discussion in 'Comments and suggestions' started by The Sims, Jan 28, 2013.

1. The Sims

The Sims I aint a game >.

I aint bragging but I would totally be the coolest mod around if I was to be made a mod

For one, I don't take shit from people, any fucking around it is a straight ban for 1 day, then a week, then a month etc

I would gladly spend hours browsing for all those spambots, banning each and every one of them. I would clean up all forums and peoples profiles

Groups what are disgusting / sick would be taken off (right now they remain in place because the current mods do not give a fuck)

Any problems I would gladly be of assistance. I have currently been hacked, asked for help and nothing happened, could not even IP trace the person who hacked me.

The mods on this site need a little more authority, but not too much.

MidnaAllnatural likes this.
  2. well since hannah is probably never coming back we need more mods

AngelOfLight likes this.
  3. The Sims

Hannah was a shit mod anyways

She was too interested in RP and other pointless things, we need a mod who gives a fuck about other users. We cannot just have anyone to do the job.

I am here a lot of the time so I can watch over this website, but there aint even no point in asking. I am just a regular user here and always will be

This site is fucked up now and always will be...

4. Sicu

Sicu Here on Random Times

You a mod? The administrator usually knows who is the most capable person to become a moderator. You do not ask for this by your own. And if I know one of them well, he won't even look at you especially with your application... . Ah well, this forum is either way dead. Ah not to forget, after you insulted a fellow mod you think that you will be made a mod? For what reason? Extreme superiority complex? If that will happen I will personally bring down this forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2013
  5. krystalgirl69

krystalgirl69 kik: Flashfire_

Your not even green and you have a little over 100 post bitch about it somehwere else they're guidelines to becoming a mod and you havent even made the posts to become a green. This is for comments and suggestions and you're here boasting and whining. If you have no real suggestions i suggest you voice your complaints in a way that tjey can be address A site should be able to cater to all users. Yeah they're some sick areas on this site but everone has their own thing. No place is scot clean and full of wonder. Being a mod is more than just "oh i was hacked please pay all attention to me to fix the issue" do you even know if this site has the security to do a proper packet trace? You dont need to be a moderator to preform a packet trace and that probably isnt even an option for mods. Mods dont make everything go away, you must be both fair and impartial when granting rewards and punishment. If something comes back inconclusive oh well they tried. You cant just banhammer a user because of one persons hearsay or because YOU think that way. Mods work together, they are not a band of mercinaries out to martyr as they please.

6. The administrator will appoint who he sees as fit to be a moderator, bitching about not getting picked isnt going to help anyone

Spitfire the pony likes this.
  7. AngelOfLight

AngelOfLight Vegeta's slut Goku's girl

Well actually Sim would be a great mod , Blackhawk is pretty much the only staff doing anything. Scottish rarely comes on and the rest left.

Wonder if the new owners (Devin's thread indicated there will be new owners) will appoint new mods. If there is , they should demote the ones who don't come on any more.

How many of you actually report the spam & hate posts? :l

8. Cosmic Star

Cosmic Star Kik: _Anjanath

I have to 100% Disagree with this.

I don't want to bash or attack you but...

I have been on this site for quite a long time now (Despite what it says on this profile) And I have seen some things, but the way you react to people and the groups..Well build a bridge and get over it.

Yes, there are some very weird groups and some interesting people, but bashing them through Pm's and Vm's isn't going to make you look like "Mod" Material. And ANYONE who is on here 24/7 could say they could be a mod. I mean i'm 4 years standing on this site, seems the same, sure there was an attack and there are issues, but I'm sure this will be resolved too.

But you, I have seen you around quite a lot, and most of the time you post things that are just plain rude. I'm not sure what this is about..neither to say I don't care, but Mods don't do this.

And about Hannah, she is still on. I mean how else could you send her pm's? Her inbox should have been full by now. And she was one with the community...if that makes sense.

But getting back to the topic, Mods are suppose to be one with the community(people) and the forums (Now I don't partake in much posting..since I don't feel a need to) but you don't really show that. You seem worried about just banning people and groups because it is "out of the ordinary". Well people are people, and they choose the route they want to go.

Now if you do some how by the power of interwebs become a mod, congrats.

I just don't want to see another Dark Star -____-" or whatever the name was.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2013
    Curious UK likes this.
  9. Sicu

Good point Cosmic Star, but let us not forget that he is still young and still has much to learn even thou he does not want to admit it.

10. The Sims

I actually have spoke with Blackawk about becoming a mod, posts and rep have nothing to do with becoming a mod, just look at "Khyle"..... He is barely here, barely posts etc, yet he is a mod. You are wrong! So stop trying to tell me what is right and what is wrong, I already know the inns and outs of this

I simpy cannot become a mod because I would ban all you motherfuckers (except Angel) and I have quite a bad reputation around funny games so I already know I cannot become a mod

11. Cosmic Star

That is very true.

But he was interested in changing things because it wasn't "right" in his eyes. And that is what this post is sounding like. (And i have to correct myself I have been here for...6 years).

But I mean if no one really likes how the site is going, there is ALWAYS the option on just leaving and making your own. No big deal at all.:)

12. Ban all you motherfuckers? D'Awww.... Damn It >.>

Kinda fucking mean huh? banning People that have done nothing to you?

Just sayin' .-.

13. Sicu

Hmm then you are a bit older than me on this page :D. And ye about making one that is sort of like this one...hmm that might be hard. Especially if you are learning web developing now... .

14. Blackhawk

Blackhawk Guest

Kyle is actually an Admin and he works for the Sites owner.
    Yes The Sim has asked me questions about becoming a Mod, But i'm not the one the has the authority to promote people. Only Admin can do that.

Spitfire the pony likes this.
  15. AngelOfLight

HA ! Thank you ! xD

I agree but disagree with this post.

Yes I agree that anyone can become a mod , Hannah proved that with the stupid posts and threads that she's done. I'm not being horrible or being disrespectful but it does kind of seem they were only for +1 post count.

*Prays for new owners & admins*

No about caring about the site because, I mean come on , the admins & mods (Besides Black) don't care about this site.

16. Cosmic Star

I Will agree to that, but there are people that care for this site. Obviously you seem to care, which is good. I mean I guess anyone who is posting on this cares. But there isn't much we can do at this point, unless we are appointed to being a mod. I would love to help clean this up, but as for now we just have to sick back and just keep ourselves posted on whats what.

And for the +1 stuff....that is exactly why I don't post much XD

17. AngelOfLight

Well yeah , only a few of us do now.
    Aww that made me smile then. :D
    If there are new owners , who do you think will be the lucky 5 chosen ?
    That's why you got to post more if you want to become a mod , to more posts the more recognizable you become, also if you don't become appointed you always have a green name to fall back on. (Especially now some of us have made a pact on it)

18. Cosmic Star

Yeah I just hope that would be true. This place is practically dead. And only seeing the few of you post..it becomes saddening.

Well, let's just hope for the best anyway! :thumb:

Sicu likes this.
  19. hollowstorm

hollowstorm Overlord

It is very saddening but it can't be helped maybe one day this site will be amazing again.... And hopefully about 5% less perverted

20. AngelOfLight

It's starting to revive a lot recently , it's so weird but awesome. :D

But it's only recently there's been new ones , Hollow and Big seem to be more recognizable lately.

Think about it , there was only like 2 of us posting 2 months ago , now there's around 10 of us.

That's why we should :spam: the forums and forget about :rtfm: .