Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Best Metalcore Band?

Discussion in 'Music' started by NinjaMonkey, Jun 23, 2008.

1. NinjaMonkey

NinjaMonkey Master Exploder

Alrighty then, people! I've been a metalcore fan for years, ever since I heard My Curse by Killswitch Engage. Since then, I've branched out into many other wonderful metalcore bands such as Bullet For My Valentine, All that Remains, Trivium, and Lamb of God.

I just wondered what, in your opinion, is the best metalcore band?

My answer is simple: Killswitch Engage. They will always have a special place in my heart for introducing me into what is now my favorite genre.

2. Raze

Raze Hmm...

Hmm, I don't know many Metalcore bands, not a big fan of the genre to be honest...

I'm gonna say Bullet For My Valentine or Trivium becuase I know a few of their songs.

3. Kyoujin

Kyoujin Growls engraved over time

well i dont really know any metalcore bands all i no i think is Pantera and Bullet for my Valentine but since i dont like bullet for my valentine that much, i guess i would have to go for Pantera.

4. Raze

Raze Hmm...

Pantera aren't a metalcore band, they're thrash/groove metal.

5. Hyakushiki

Hyakushiki Ouroboros

:p

I like War of Ages; they're a Christian Metalcore band with some really awesome stuff. I wanted to stray away from the 'norms like KsE and AILD and other mainstream bands, so I ended up listening to these guys. I wouldn't say they're the best, but I like them. That's enough for me. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2008
  6. childrenofthekorn

childrenofthekorn Harbinger Of Death

Slipknot. They are the most hardcore band i have ever herd in my freakin' life!!!:thumb:

7. NinjaMonkey

To Hya: Killswitch Engage is not mainstream. I've never see any of their videos on MTV, which is the most mainstream music channel alive. Most of the people I've met have never even heard of KsE. They are not, and I say this for the last time, NOT mainstream.

To Korn: Slipknot is nu metal, just so you know =P

8. Hyakushiki

Hyakushiki Ouroboros

Huh. I could've sworn they were. Maybe I should've said "away from the 'more popular" bands" instead. I've been listening to a lot more God Forbid, so I'll change my previous answer to that instead.

(Actually in Cali, KsE's pretty popular, concerning the Metalcore genre. Can't really blame me for thinking they were/are mainstream. :p)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2008
  9. gangsta69

gangsta69 i GANGSTA

i gotta say Bullet for my Valentine day rule at dis lane

10. theguitarist

theguitarist King of Grammar

I would say the are more mainstream then a lot of bands out there. A lot of people I know, know who they are. They are probably more mainstream then any band I listen to. And just because they aren't played on MTV dosen't mean they aren't mainstream they have a lot of fans, and I think that makes them mainstream.

But to stay on topic i'm not much of a fan.

11. lgeg

lgeg n00b

hmm... Killswitch is definately up there. Other than that... alexisonfire and devil wears prada.

12. NinjaMonkey

Ouch. I've been overruled and pwn't =P

Oh well. Being wrong won't kill me.

13. Suicidal Soldier

Suicidal Soldier DiedFromPoisonedMedicine

Avenged Sevenfold assuming the kids of today still class them as Metalcore. Probably the only real band i listen to from that genre.

14. childrenofthekorn

slipknot!!

15. NinjaMonkey

After A7x's new album, I would classify them more along the lines of Hard Rock.
    *Cough* Sellouts *Cough, cough*

And Korn, Slipknot isn't metalcore. They're nu metal. There's a difference =P

16. childrenofthekorn

o ok :thumb::coolgleam::thumb::coolgleam:

17. paco92

paco92 n00b

guys u really need to look outside the usa for bands

some of the best metalcore music is coming out of australia such as Parkway Drive and I killed The Prom Queen

Though lamb of god rule

18. people saying trivium, a7x, and any other band like that ar complete idiots. In fact metlcore is a shitty genre as a whole.

Trivium and a7x are just plain shit.

19. ShawnSig

ShawnSig n00b

Trivium..

I like Trivium, on some sites their genre is metalcore so ya I listen to that sh*t. All That Remains is a pretty decent band, can't remember what their genre is. Alexisonfire is a sweet band too, even though they are Canadian.:thumb: I also listen to KoRn even though everyone will probably say that they suck because they're nothing compared to these hardcore metal bands.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2009
  20. bwood74

bwood74 Defqon.1 FTW!!

Eheh do u want one, two or a few? Ok let me think here..... Trivium, the Amity Affliction, Rise Against, Barcode, Static-x, Cannibal Corpse (<Not for the faint hearted trust ME) do you seriously want me to go on.... ok. Nine Inch Nails, Spineshank, Apollo 440, Slipknot, Coal Chamber and Fear Factory. Like I said a few I called name heaps more. Yep I'm a hardcore fan.