Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

can i/we use 2 anti-virus on same time ?

Discussion in 'Computer Help Room' started by gameswala, Jul 14, 2012.

1. gameswala

gameswala n00b

can i/we use 2 anti-virus on same time ?

is this fine to use 2 AV on same time ? does it effect on PC or working good, as when we use 1 AV pc gone slow and what if we use 2 ?

2. PicklesTheCat

PicklesTheCat Working and no fun >_

Vol ycedges

No you can't one will cancel the other one out

3. Emprasoforvio

Emprasoforvio n00b

whatever you do, just delete the ones you got and Install Microsoft Security Essentials. ;D Its free and keeps your pc free from virusses even if you're not paying attention at allllllllll :p

4. Nope, they'll start scanning each other and screwing with each other's abilities. It's kinda like having to guys get one girl. They will fight with each other until the girl gets away. I suggest Avast as a primary defense. Very good, even the free one monitors at all times and all connections. Save yourself a blue screen and get yourself Avast.

5. PatCrawford

PatCrawford n00b

well, it is not recommended by anti virus sotware companies to use two anti virus softwares in your machine at a time.

If you go to their forums, you can find similar threads where they do not recommend this thing.

Reason is two anti virus softwares can conflict with each other. So, it is better to keep one anti virus software in your machine at one time.

I have an anti virus software and malwarebytes (free, on-demand scan only) in my machine.

6. Sicu

Sicu Here on Random Times

Sorry for editing your post a little but I am wondering why did you write that which is in the quote.

7. BillBowes

BillBowes n00b

No, it is not recommended to use two anti virus at the same time or in one PC.

Two anti virus in the same machine can conflict with each other and can make other issues as well. So, it is better if you run only one anti virus.

8. BillyBarnes

BillyBarnes n00b

No, use only one anti virus in your computer.

Because as the above guy said, two anti virus at the same time can conflict each other and can make your PC slow.

I have Norton in my PC and free version of malwarebytes anti malware (on-demand scan only).

9. Sicu

My suggestion for free anti virus ones is MSE (Microsoft one) but if you want a payed one then go for NOD32 or BitDeffender. Else don't bother much. For spyware there is malwarebytes or Spybot: Search & Destroy which are free.

And at the moment I combined NOD32 with Spybot: SnD.

10. No you cant sadly you must remove one and quickly install the other

11. The Sims

The Sims I aint a game >.

Your PC will only be slower, I had Norton and Mcafee at the same time (not knowing) and my computer was not even loading pages

I quickly removed the one which expired the earliest, now my PC is fixed :)

12. DONT USE NORTON, if you have it remove it almost immediately because in the event it does find something wrong you will have to disable it to access the internet then your computer will get a virus then your screwed

13. Sicu

I second you on this one. Norton is ok and very good but up and until you get a virus, after your PC is infected you are properly f**ked... . But everyone is free to make his own decision on what anti virus he wants to use. So I couldn't care less...but as a friendly suggestion I recommend NOD32 with payed license.

14. The Sims

If I wanted YOUR opinion, I would have asked,

But yeah thanks Mid :) I did remove it ASAP, now my computer is healthy hehe

15. Sicu

You know that you are acting like an asshole towards me right? But I have a question: Do you honestly want me as your enemy? Think before you write your answer because there will be no turning back from it.

16. The Sims

LoL you always blame me for things, you say I am wrong when really there aint no correct or incorrect answer.

It is you what is being an asshole, I am just acting how you act towards me, but I must admit I did start all this

17. Sicu

In the computers area there is never a confused answer. It is correct or not correct, never in between.

18. krystalgirl69

krystalgirl69 kik: Flashfire_

Woah woah woah everyone calm the fuck down... i got this...
    Only use 1... hell i dont use any and just use spybot search and destroy and have no virus' ever

19. Sicu

Used to do the same but then I started doing some important stuff on my laptop so I decided to buy some protection for it :D.

20. VerdunScott

VerdunScott Banned

No, don't use 2 anti virus together. It is not recommended. The two can conflict with each other. They can also make your PC slow.

What I've done, I've one anti virus in my system and along with it, I've anti malware (on-demand scan only) Malwarebytes' antimalware.