Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Cheerleading: A Sport?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by DragonWolf67, Aug 14, 2008.

1. DragonWolf67

DragonWolf67 Cunning Wolf

Well, I've come to realize that girls tend to say yes and guys tend to say no so i can never get an answer. My answer is: I don't care but what do you people think?

2. Guitar Fattie

Guitar Fattie Grammar Whore

I don't really care myself either. Anyhow my answer is it is a sport
    because it contains physical activity does it not? :coolgleam:

3. Clint_derby_fc

Clint_derby_fc Back, hopefully for good.

You took the words right out of my mouth!! It is a physical activity but yes i think it should be considered a sport because it's kind of like gymnastics but with singing and dancing

4. Devin

Devin Administrator Staff Member Administratior

Yes its a sport it's like the olympics.

5. Wacko123

Wacko123 Ave Alook at My bebo Prof

But Doesn't the Olympics host Sport events I dont think the olympics classifies as a sport, but anywho Yes it could count as a sport but I dont think its the kinda sport that would be in the Olympics

6. Rubylula

Rubylula Like a mother bitch.

Chicks that do cheerleading, aren;t good enough to dance.
    They do have alotta spirit though :thumb:
    xx

7. austin122

austin122 n00b

It is a sport It does contian physical activity!!!:thumb:

8. Cheerleading is so a sport. We have to put in like over 10 hours of practice each week. We yell jump tumble and dance. Not to mention the stunts we do. I would like to see somebody who has never cheered get out there and do half the stuff we do. We have to put together halftime shows and pepassemblys each week and homecoming and we have a football game everyweek and then we have two basketball games each week. and then when sports arent going on we have tryouts fundraisers and 2 and 1/2 hour practices 2 or 3 times a week in the summer. EVERY sport has an off season. EXCEPT cheerleading. So everybody that says something bad about cheerleading is obviously jelous that you cant get out there and do what we do!!!!!!!!!!:fmad::321::angry:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2009
  9. big jock knew

big jock knew n00b

Its not a sport , its a spectator sport :)

10. mrmystic

mrmystic MoreAkwardthanaJewateastr

I think the real question: Why are you shallow people so caught up in labeling? So chess isn't a "sport", or cheerleading, or cross country skiing, or whatever you like to do. Why do you feel the need to do "sports". Why not just enjoy what you do, and tell everyone else to go to jump off a haystack?

11. Mr. Buttapple

Mr. Buttapple Sell by Date, 9/01/2010

quite right!:D

12. puckeruptb12

puckeruptb12 n00b

I'm a guy that does not cheerlead and as long as it's not for football team or something like that, then yes it is a sport

13. Zeusy

Zeusy The Surreal Love Bastard

.......I think if you need cheer leaders to Hype up A crowde is kinda (lack of a better word) Pathetic. I mean if you truly Love your team you would start a Riot if your team are losing. I think its bette if the fans themselves are the "Cheerleaders"

But to answer you question No, Because I see as more Acrobatic Stunts/ Dance they are doing.

14. krish34

krish34 n00b

It is not a sport and it sucks, lol :roftl:

15. canarsieat1

canarsieat1 FLAME DUDE

erm.....

wow.... um im not a girl but it prob shuld

16. sk8ernicky

sk8ernicky The best of the best

It's a sport, i haven't experienced or anything but i still think its a sport I agree with those who said yes

17. xxLozzxx

xxLozzxx n00b

poll forum thing lool

i dont fink its a sport

18. TheProfessional

TheProfessional Flash Artist

I don't know just because it has physical activity it would be a sport. I mean, by those definitions, boggle or card games wouldn't be a sport (which could also be debated) and raking the leaves would be considered one.

When I think of a sport I usually thinking of rules and competitions, such where teams go against each other with the boundaries of the rules dictated by the games. That would included football and chess, but exclude raking the leaves. Cheerleaders have massive competitions and there are many rules for what they do. I would say that yes it is a sport, and a tough one at that.

Heh, I also like big jock knew view of it: It is a spectator sport mostly. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2009
  19. cheerleader288

cheerleader288 cheerleading is a sport!!

she is so right, i am a cheerleader as well, it isn't easy what we have to do!! i would love to see you do a front punch or lift a 120 girl up in the air!!! plus all of our stretches are hard, once you see it u might think that it is SO easy, but u r SO wrong! at 1 of my practices we had to do 60, yes i said 60 push-ups and 60 crunches. and we didn't even get a brake. i would like to see you come to 1 of our competitions, or even a practice and see what it is like and how hard it is!!!!!!!!!!:fmad:

i am a cheerleader and i bet you couldn't do half of the stuff that we do!!!!! thank you to all of the people who said that it is a sport!! [ if you said that it is a sport u have a brain!!!!]:321:

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2009
  20. BSer16

BSer16 n00b

I'm a firm believer that it takes balls to play sports. Does cheering take skill? Yea, but thats not the question. No, it's not a sport. No ball, no sport.