Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Classic games

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Critically Explosive, Feb 17, 2009.

How much do you want classic games to return?

1. Kill me if they don't!

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  2. Yeah, definatly!

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  3. Yeah, whatever

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  4. Nah, i prefer the newcomers

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. You said it, they're obsolete.

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. Critically Explosive

Critically Explosive Nuclear capacity 97.4%...

Do you ever remember when you were younger about five or so years back, playing games on a computer that were amazing but now obsolete? And it was so long ago the memories of real good times are hazey? I know i do, and i want to play them again. Thing is, they cant run on new software like windows vista and that really bugs me. :sad:
    Lets go back to the question. Do you remember doing that? If you want to play them again, you need the game to run on the new softwares. Do you think the guys who make games and burn them onto discs should re-copy old legends like doom and quake II? (Luckily, doom is made into flash on the site, though only one of three chapters are available. On the disc there even is a forth chapter!) I am desperate for them to come back. Please, have your say on here!
    Though fortunatly, i have loads of others. So i'm not dying for it as much as one might have thought. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2009
  2. Angel of Game

Angel of Game You want ban?

Classic games rules! Lot of games right now are only good at graphic but not the gameplay. We spend lot of money to upgrade our computer/laptop just to play a game that maybe have a not really good on gameplay or control? I prefer to suicide than upgrade it. :p

And yes, it doesn't mean there's no game that good on graphic, gameplay, and control though. But I still prefer the classic games right now. :)

3. gwarhammer

gwarhammer Cpt on the Ship of Fools

Hey, I still play those games. I run DosBOX and Spectaculator to name my favourites, with all my old classics - XOR, Wizball, Bettlejuice, Settlers I and II...
    A lot of others have been re-released or work anyway, so I still have the entirety of the old C&C games, MAX runs, although MAX2 has issues running in anything that isn't Win95 or '98...still, once I get the DLLs I should be able to install them in Linux and run 'em through wine.

4. NoE

NoE Pride ♥

ahh yeah i remember even tho im 15 now, i remember my 1st ever computer, it had original pac-man, space invaders, and pong! Great games, but now with the more advanced and interesting games these days, they are still great because they're the classics but old bcoz we hav better games like GTA:thumb:

5. poison blade 110

poison blade 110 is the man!

ahh, yeah i know, but the truth is, i dont recon clasic games r that good :confused:

:flush:
    :lol:​
    PEACE OUT!

6. Charismatic_Caterpie

Charismatic_Caterpie Professional Gamer

Well, in a totally different direction of what you're saying (and on a different platform), a new Megaman game was made recently, in the style of the classic gameplay, "box" art and all. Not anything like the archaic references you made, but still pretty interesting to see.

7. dadou_gamer

dadou_gamer doud

I'd love that some of the games I was playing long ago would be rework (better graphics, some 3D...)!

8. sk8ernicky

sk8ernicky The best of the best

i m not obsessed on classics but i dont hate them, i like them a bit........... Classics : so - so

9. Ystina

Ystina n00b

there is a lot of classic games that nobody can repeat. age of ampire, mastee of orion

10. Pulse X79

Pulse X79 US Navy S.A.R

How about some dig dug:rcain:

11. mcts369

mcts369 n00b

haven't played classic games for a long time. yes, classic games are good, but they are too old. i prefer the new games.

12. NeoWinkyto

NeoWinkyto n00b

U SUCK! :spam:
    Read the F**kin manual!:rtfm: