Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Community questions/suggestions

Discussion in 'Comments and suggestions' started by Braixen, Sep 23, 2017.

1. Braixen

Braixen Super Moderator Staff Member

Hello! I'd like to inform you (the current admins) of some missing features; before the long hiatus this site undertook, there were special titles for those who posted in the forum regularly. They were rewarded with a highlighted name, increased permissions in threads, and an increased PM Limit.

I am unsure if you(admins) wish to implement another feature similar to that, but wished to inform you of it anyways.

Also, as aforementioned by another member(s), social groups and albums seem to be nonexistent at the moment (although I am sure you are working on creating said media system.).

To go in-depth, social groups were essentially subforums wherein select members were allowed to view or create group-only posts, photos, and threads. They were also self moderated by the creator of the group.

A question: how many admins are there? Is it just kamal and flem? At what point will you look to the community for moderators and the like?

Other members may feel free to post their own questions or suggestions below.

2. K a M a L

K a M a L Administrator Administratior

Hello , Braixen
    I'm not really a site admin , I'm technical admin who is working on the technical part .. so I will talk about the technical part only
    User titles/Ranks are available on the new software and we may apply it soon .. currently there is no PM limit or posting restrictions .
    I'm working on social groups now .. it will be available in few hours , albums do exist but we gave permission only to adult usergroup to access /view it ..
    I would be happy if you let me know how album permissions were working .. because most albums have adult content .. I guess they were not visible to everyone
    Best regards
    kamal

3. Braixen

Currently, the media seems finicky, choosing of its own accord whether or not it wants me to view it. One moment I can look upon all of the albums, then the next I do not have permission.

Previously, the site went unchecked in most regards to adult content. Due to a lack of active moderators/administrators, and an unclear description on how to deal with said content.
    I believe there was an adult usergroup, but it did not restrict your ability to view other's albums, regardless of their content. Essentially, whether you were in the 18+ or not, you could view someone else's adult albums.

I would suggest a sort of overlay which blocks each adult image until the user intentionally clicks on it, or disables that option in some sort of setting.

4. Big_Cat

Big_Cat Friendly Sabertooth

So does this mean that all previous ranking that we achieved before the changes are lost?

5. K a M a L

Those titles were
    n00b
    Funny Dude
    Clown
    Amateur Gamer
    Professional Gamer
    Hacker
    D3V1L Kid
    D3V1L
    Forum Master
    God of the forum

right ?

6. Braixen

It looks like it; but only because there's no longer a reputation system. Previously, the more likes you got, the more green bars you got(+500 posts), until eventually a green name. Now, the likes are much freely given, and instead put you on a "notable members" list.

There's no functionality change as far as I can see, the only thing that mattered; which was increased PM capacity, is now available to everyone.

Those look like the titles given to some people I've seen, but for the most part those titles didn't play much of a part.

7. K a M a L

I can see you title "Friendly Sabertooth" .. isn't this the title you are talking about ?

8. K a M a L

There is more powerful reputation system here , but it doesn't display reputation bar .. we can improve it though

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  9. Braixen

I see. Hmm.

Before this major site update, users were able to create their own ranks, or the titles just below the name of the poster. Pictured here: http://prntscr.com/gpdql2

Administrators, moderators, apprentice-moderators and valued members were identified by their color-coded names.

I.E an Admin with a bright red name, a moderator with a dark red name, apprentices with blue names, and valued members with green names.

Also, would you mind passing on this thread to the other Admin? I am unsure if they've seen it yet, and I am anxious of that potential lack-of-attention.

10. K a M a L

Okay , now users can change their titles on personal details page .. also I did the usergroup markup as it was before the upgrade ..
    I will no longer be following this thread .. if you want to report anything please contact other admins ..
    Thank you!

11. Martijn

Martijn Administrator Staff Member Administratior

Hello,

My name is Martijn. (previously "flemollie" admin account)
    After Kamal is finished with the technical work I will be the only administrator for now.

For any further feature requests or technical issues please contact me of simply post here.

Braixen, thanks for your help first of all.
    To answer your question about moderators. I checked and there are about ten moderators right now. Most, or all of them are probably not visiting here much anymore.. Will check that later. So we probably need one of more new moderators, volunteers are welcome :)

Martijn

Braixen likes this.
  12. Braixen

Thank you Martijn! I look forward to the future, ay.

Oh, oh! I forgot! It's very difficult to discern who is, and isn't an Admin outside of the forum. Do you think you can make it more visible on your profile? Say for example, making a badge or something to stick out?

Also, also! The Inbox and Follow buttons are a little hard to see, do you think we make them more opaque? Perhaps color them in?

13. Martijn

Martijn Administrator Staff Member Administratior

I'll note your suggestions, thanks. Maybe Kamal can do some more fixes and alterations shortly.