Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Computer Languages

Discussion in 'Programming Room' started by bbbgscott, Dec 3, 2007.

1. bbbgscott

bbbgscott Master of the Universe

For everyone out there fluent in any computer languages, how did you learn, and do you have any advice for a beginner? (specific sources to use, which language to start with...)

2. kingdominatorjazzad12

kingdominatorjazzad12 Stone Cold Cheat Austin!!

what do you mean if you mean texting im a professional lol you know that but otherwise is ther binary? thats all i can understand i dont get you mate

3. bbbgscott

no offense, but I was clear in what I said. if you didn't understand it then don't worry, it just means that you can't help.

4. karonaafroman09

karonaafroman09 You Rock My World

Hmmmm

Im No Good At This Computer Language But I Could Also Use A Few Ideas If Someone Is Willing To Help Out!!!!!!!!!!!
    :confused::confused::confused:

5. chegers

chegers n00b

I have learnt Java and PHP from reading ebooks.
    I can recomend o'reilly books as they are very indepth and easy to follow, also any book like Java for dummies or PHP for dummies ect are very good.
    If you need any help with PHP or Java just let me know :)

6. brown log

brown log n00b

Well i know BASIC, and i learned that on the internet. i downloaded a editor/compiler called Just Basic and it had a tutorial and everything. its easy to find if you google "just basic". BASIC is very easy to learn, but limited. its the only language i know.

7. frankenfish

frankenfish Computer Guru

python is a very easy language for beginners and you can do a lot of things with. i would learn C++ though. little bit harder but you can do just about anything with it. download Dev-C++ and a great tutorial is at cprogramming.com/tutorial/lesson1. (will say page not found but you should be able to find the tutorial in the left-hand nav column)
    Python tutorials at wiki.python.org/moin/BeginnersGuide.

copy and paste the links into your address bar.

Have Fun!!

8. brown log

brown log n00b

Hey, i downloaded Dev-C ++ ages ago, but i couldn't get the hang of it. anyway, what can you do in c and c++ that you cant do in basic?

9. frankenfish

frankenfish Computer Guru

C++ can do some really complex stuff. Guildwars is written in C++ and it can be used like javascript to hack websites (among other things) i myself haven't really gotten into it that deeply so i can't give you a very specific answer but i do know that C++ is MUCH more flexible than BASIC.

10. Andymac175

Andymac175 n00b

languages

i learned in vb, and then java but use mostly c# now.

11. i plan to learn java soon, wanna be a computer scientist for a career =P

12. whisper

whisper ima 1337 tw1n

java is pretty usefull but yea i wanna be a computer scientist also barry

13. bbbgscott

thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I think I'm gonna start with python, and then move on to C++.

14. Zermalend

Zermalend The king!

Easiest...

I think that the easiest programming language is Pascal... Its so... umm... understandable and its simple. When you are good at pascal, then you can download Delphi... Its the same as Pascal, except its a lot better... You can make more easier and faster programs with delphi than with pascal... But delphi has so many functions in it that it can confuse you, so it's easy to start with pascal :) Pascal is free, just write "Download FPC" or "download free pascal" in google and thats it :)

15. loladin

loladin Whaddawhore

Hes talking about coding language, not internet slang >.>
    I have a few friends who use HTML, though I can't be arsed to learn it for myself ^^

16. im2ignorant2care

im2ignorant2care Hersh's French Fry Pirate

I'm in the stages of learning C++. I've gotten VB down, although I'd not say I'm near "master" level. Java and javascript I took in high school, so I can monkey my way around them decently. For anyone who knows what it is, I'm rather decent at mIRC scripting. I used to be a lot better, but took a few years off.

17. DarkStar

DarkStar Banned

rotflol
    rotflmao
    whats the differance

18. Fire-Fly

Fire-Fly Valued by Funny-Games

rotflol=rolling on the floor laugh out load
    rotflmao=rolling on the floor laughing my ass off

Very little really...Personally I like to say "haha" instead of lol,rofl,etc

19. 44penfold

44penfold n00b

im ok at HTML.... if that means anything.... i learnt by google searching "html tutorials"

20. Draconis479

Draconis479 Dancin the safety dance

I'm pretty much fluent in HTML, alright in ASP. Those I learned in a vocational school I took in Jr. and Sr. high school. We mainly used w3schools. Just type that into google its the first link. I also know a little of vb and C++. But I took classes for those at my high school, and those were only half semester.