Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Conficker C worm virus.

Discussion in 'Messing around and talking' started by MapleStory, Apr 1, 2009.

1. MapleStory

MapleStory Divide by 0. I dare you.

So how many of you have heard about this? Suppose to activate or so tomorrow.

2. Devin

Devin Administrator Staff Member Administratior

It's got 2 other forms, which need to be dorment in your computer for it to take effect.

3. frankenfish

frankenfish Computer Guru

its estimated that a few million computers are already infected. no one knows what it will do once activated. microsoft is offering a $250,000 bounty to whover catches the guy who wrote it.

4. Blaze

Blaze Guest

Supposedly, it stops you from entering safe mode even while dormant, so that's a quick way to find out if you're infected.

5. im2ignorant2care

im2ignorant2care Hersh's French Fry Pirate

So..

"Help! I can't enter Safe Mode!"

"April Fools!"

..Have we any reports on its effects, yet?

6. frankenfish

frankenfish Computer Guru

my chemistry teacher got it. it does basically what they thought it would do. disables updates, safe mode, and such, and attacks you with crazy pop-ups

7. im2ignorant2care

im2ignorant2care Hersh's French Fry Pirate

Ha! That'll teach 'em to preach against the laws of alchemy!

8. BulletSponge

BulletSponge Bored with this site

Nothing really happened...yet...only computers that had been "tagged" in October-ish by Conficker A were affected. However this possible digital holocaust caused quite a tummult in the US government. USAF Cyber Command and Computer Emergency Response Team(CERT) were freaking out to such a degree that they re-activated my 75 year old neighbor who led CERT in repairing the damage from the "I love you virus" in the Northeast part of America. I did everything I needed to prepare for it but I didn't think it would be that big of a deal. I geuss CERT blew a gasket because the payload of the C strain was unkown and the custom coding was really really really effin good

9. Blaze

Blaze Guest

Still, it's better to have a dangerous situation overblown than understated right?

It's still an ironic situation, first the security companies are blamed for not taking the problem seriously enough, and now they're getting hit for taking it too seriously. Still, there might be a sudden turn of events in the next few days, we'll just have to wait and see how things turn out.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2009
  10. IrrationalPiMan

IrrationalPiMan 3.1415926535897932384626…

If the designer was smart enough to make a worm that wide-spread without getting caught, then he'd be smart enough to not activate it on the date that EVERYONE would be expecting him to do it. I'd think it would happen slowly over the course of the remaining year, starting in mid-summer, which is the most logical manner of doing it. You don't throw a lobster into a pot of boiling water. You boil a pot of water with the lobster already in it.

11. BulletSponge

BulletSponge Bored with this site

True...but this may have been a probe to see how quickly each nation would react to the threat. And rest assured this is NOT one man behind a computer. This is probably from the Chinese military seeing how every officer is required to take courses in computer programming, hacking, and cyber warfare

12. Zeusy

Zeusy The Surreal Love Bastard

oh shit I had this virus for months and didn't really do shit about it........:confused: