Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Console Wars: Wii, 360, or PS3

Discussion in 'Other Gaming Consoles' started by fuzzy, Jul 3, 2008.

Which is better?

1. Wii

25.9%
  2. 360

35.2%
  3. PS3

38.9%
  1. fuzzy

fuzzy Fuzzeh Butt :3

I want everyone to debate which system is better. This is what I think about the three.

Here's the rundown, Wii is by far the inovative of the systems. The wii controls would be good if it weren't for the fact you can win most games with random stick wagging. Though really good games like No More Heroes, Okami, and SSBB found a way around that. The graphics aren't as good as other systems but more than make up for it with awsome game play.

The PS3 is the big boy on the block. He is massive in size but you would expect that considering the massive amounts of money people are spending on it. It tries to capitalize on good graphics with its Blu Ray but I really can't tell the difference between it and DVD. It would be really good if it good games to complement it, but is sells off of all of its good games so you can get them on the 360or PC anyway.

The XBox 360 is the most solid console and has a solid line up of games, but is set off by its tendancy to crap itself and die as soon as it runs for more than 5 minutes. But my main problem is this. THEY ARE ALL THE SAME GAME!!! Every good game on the 360 is just a firstperson shooter that copies Halo and even Halo was just a copy that stole the Metriod storyline. So if you like playing the same game over and over with new caracters than the 360 is the consol for you.

2. Hyakushiki

Hyakushiki Ouroboros

:p

Eh, to each his own, I guess. Though, I'm going to have to side with the Xbox 360.

Aren't you being a little bias? Not all 'good' 360 games are shooters. Sure, there's plenty of great titles excluding Halo, like Bioshock, Call of Duty 4, F.E.A.R, Battlefield : Bad Company, and so on and so forth. Halo copies? No no no, not these ones, though from what I've heard, Bioshock plays like the old System Shock 2, but nonetheless, it's still an answer game in its own right. Besides, games in general tend to get more and more similar as time progresses. However, each game'll have it's own new features and tweaks. Game developers are only human.

Not once did I feel I was "playing the same game over and over with new characters".

(NINJA GAIDEN 2! Bloody as hell, and bloody awesome.)

Lastly, out of the 3 consoles, the 360's controller feels the most natural. I love the feel, and it really shines when I'm playing an FPS.

Secondly, there's some really good RPG titles, and plenty more soon to be released ones like Fable 2, Star Ocean 4, Mass Effect 2 and Spectral Force 3. I myself have Eternal Sonata, which is in fact a really good game. I would've bought Lost Odyssey, but a buddy of mine has the game. I haven't played through Elder Scrolls 4, but whenever I'm at my buddy's house, I get to see enough of it there, and it's really epic. Mass Effect, too, which I'll consider getting, eventually.

Yeah, I really favor RPGs, probably a bit more than .

Wii, innovative, new and fresh, sure. But as a traditional gamer, I can't see myself swinging around a nunchuck, using a steering wheel (for Mario Kart) or stick wagging to play my games. I consider the Wii to a family/party console to be used in the presence of others, and as a matter of fact, it really is a party console. SSBB, sure it's fun, if you're play with others; hence, the party console fact. Putting together a hodgepodge group of A and B list characters to brawl without the supporting backbone of a storyline just doesn't do it for me. As for No More Heroes, I have nothing negative to say about that one. I'm surprised such a bloody game got released for such a kiddy system. :p

Without the comfort of a comfortable controller, this console is a serious put-off.

Crap itself out and die as soon as it runs for more than 5 minutes? You sure that goes for everybody else's XBoxs or just your own? Mine ran perfectly for 2 1/2 years until I got 3 rings on it a month ago, AND it was USED too. Besides, the newer released 360's run cooler than the predecessor. Sadly, all systems eventually break down over time. There is no exception.

I think me using an intercooler helped.

PS3? I can't really say too much since I still have my PS2. The current 40GB has 0% backwards compatibility for PS1-2 games, so there's really no point in me getting one. 60GBs are discontinued, and the re-released 80GB is limited supply, specifically for the MGS4 bundle. Besides, I'm still happy with my PS2, even if it is a bit outdated. :p

I've a bunch of PS1-2 RPGs. If I can't play them on a PS3, then what's the point? Also, there aren't really any noteworthy PS3 specific RPGs that are eye catching.

- - - - - - - -

Well, that's the end of my piece. To each, his own, right? :p
    Be mature, folks. Try to refrain from trolling and console bashing, and do discuss in a "civilized" manner.

OR

Follow C.C's example. :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2008
  3. Charismatic_Caterpie

Charismatic_Caterpie Professional Gamer

1, 2, 3 lolo?

PS3. I don't debate about systems, I just say which one I like the best.

4. Wacko123

Wacko123 Ave Alook at My bebo Prof

'360 Bassically 'cause I prefer it like what 'caterpie said I dont like to debate I just enjoy that system more

5. Fire-Fly

Fire-Fly Valued by Funny-Games

The only one I don't like is the wii. But with that said it's fairly easy to hack and turn into an emulator machine which I have done so I like that. But as for PS3 VS Xbox360 I prefer the 360 for the simple reason I play it more as the online features are better. But before anyone goes "OMFG YOU NOOB PS3 HAS BETTER ONLINE" I would just like to say I have all three consoles and honestly PS3 online isn't better. It's not bad, but not better. Plus I also have to disagree with ya fuzzy when ya said xbox has like only shooters as good games. Like Hyakushiki said theres a good RPG selection and other good fighting games,etc.

6. jaydog22

jaydog22 best sniper

rthd

ps3 is da best

7. StarwarsJunkie

StarwarsJunkie Starwars Master

Sadly, as I've said before, Nintendo is a dying company, pathetically trying to slow its bleeding with the Wii. I own a Wii and I despise it. I was once a Nintendo fanatic, but times change. I see that the Wii has horrible graphics, gameplay, and games (mario and sonic at the olympic games I mean really?)

The PS3 is amazing but still far too expensive

Xbox360 wins hands down. Amazing graphics, amazing games, amazing gameplay, 'nuff said

8. DarkStar

DarkStar Banned

Well the hardware of the 360 is utter spit My friend had to open his up when he bought it and put two washers in it to get it to work.

But yeah nintendo is kind of dying. But the graphics for marrio kart is wicked.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2008
  9. Fire-Fly

I wouldn't say Nintendo is dieing as such. There dieing in terms of consoles but they have never been as strong on handheld consoles. Plus all they need to come right back into the console world is a console that isn't more of a novelty like the wii is. Like the wii isn't a bad idea just the controls don't work for companies other than Nintendo who produce games for it. Like look at Mario: Galaxy, Zelda, Mario Cart and SSBB (Haven't gotten yet, but have played) there controls work and those games are good. Notice one thing about them? There made by Nintendo. I think if Nintendo would just reveal there secrets of gething the controls to work to developers, and developers made more games that have say a 12+ rating. Also I'm aware that No More Heroes plays well and is a great game, that isn't by Nintendo. But the majority of wii games controls just don't work.

10. xxGOTHSTERxx

xxGOTHSTERxx The Hardcore Goth!!!!!!!!

I've played all of these, PS3 pwns them all.
    You are stupid if you vote otherwise. Don't vote unless you've played them all. You cannot be bias.
    Peace.

11. Fire-Fly

And you don't call what you did being bias?

12. THE_last_SE7EN

THE_last_SE7EN Message me for 1v1's ect.

It seems to me that the nintendo has pretty much suicide-bombed its name with games like "cooking mama"....ahem. I understand nothing is wrong with these games but a better balance with casual games and hardcore/skill based games would help Nintendo greatly. In my opinion the Wii is a great game console.....however if you are over 10 years old and not a girl, you may as well kiss you're manhood goodbye. The Ps3 is also a great console, but I am sick of Jack Thompson shoving is Ps3-blue ray agenda down my throat. overall I think the Ps3 is a great system but somewhat impractical. If I had to choose between the 3 I would definatly pick the Xbox 360. awsome graphics the option of an HDdvd player and Xbox live is more than worth the money. and you don't have to own a 70 inch flat screen or love fine dining to enjoy it.

13. fuzzy

Bioshock wasn't like playing System Shock, It WAS System Shock, just change the name, the appearance of a few guns and make the wrench a.... well a wrench, but a different kind of wrench and there you go. Its actually a little dumbed down from it. Call of Duty 4 was my favorite game for 360, though the WW2 games have been run into the ground so far you need a shovel to dig them out. Maybe if it had an original storyline it would have been one of the better games I've played. Quite honestly all FPS's can be sumed up in four words: "Lets Be Like Halo" I'm sick of it.

New games coming out for it I'm scepticle of as well. There was so much hype about Halo 3 and 5/5 ratings I thought it was going to cure AIDS, but in the end it was a big flop, not a bad game, just average, run of the mill, middle of the pack. Fable had a lot of hype, but just as well was a let down as the "choices" thing it made such a big deal about ended up being one of two options. Really all the 360 games that made a big deal out of choices all come down to you being Jesus or Hitler. All I want is some middle ground. That applies for Mass Effect as well. But really I don't believe any hype now ever sence Halo 2, Halo 3, Fable, Clive Barker's Clive Barker's Jericho by Clive Barker, Oblivion (which would be a decent RPG if it weren't for the repetitiveness of it and if they worked out the kinks in it), BioShock, Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Solid 4 (they REALLY REALLY REALLY just need to end that series), and most of all: Turok.

Quite honestly I wouldn't by another one of those games again unless they cut the price in half and threw in a good game.

Like Okami.

And some cake.

and Costa Rica.

ColonelChicken likes this.
  14. kingjazzad12

kingjazzad12 Banned

No, i have played all three and assessed eacah one.
    I think that PS3 kills all of them. Then Wii, and lastly 360. 306 isn't even that good in my opinion, the only good game on it is halo 3 and PS3 graphics kill 360's.

15. fuzzy

My line-up is Wii, PS3, then 360. I'm just tierd of playing the same games with better graphics over and over and over again. aka, every FPS sence Quake came out. I like new ways to play games, which is why I loved the DS so much, and is also why I loved Wii so much.

16. Hyakushiki

Hyakushiki Ouroboros

To each his/her own, right? Opinions; everyone's got'em. Besides, there can be counter-arguments for each of the 3 consoles, which all boils down to personal preference, hence, rooting for your favorite console. xD

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 5, 2008
  17. Brendan360

Brendan360 Total jakie

Well for me I have to say the 360 is fairly good but it does crap its self and die a fair bit.

I lost at gears of war so my Legion of chavs shot it

lulz

18. Nobo!!!!!!!

Nobo!!!!!!! A LEGEND!!!.... lol

Fuzzy u oviously dont like the 360.... look at ur sig lol

and yes i have played all of them and would have to say the wii because of its gameplay.not all 3rd party games have shit controls(i.e no more heros). and not all games have controls that u have to shake about like a prick only some games like wii sports

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2008
  19. Druox

Druox SAY WHAT AGAIN

Where's the "no one cares" option for this poll?

Can't there be a neutral choice? Or perhaps an N64 choice? Aw well.

Ps3 ftw.

20. Stiggy

Stiggy Blueberry Muffin

I don't think anyone can say what system is best. They all have their pros and cons and they all have changed dramatically since their release. In my opinion I think PS3 is doing the best right now. With the new firmware update, a steady flow of decent games coming out, and the fact that I'm biased towards Sony products.

I would vote for the N64 choice.