Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Digimon vs. Pokemon

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Kyoujin, Sep 27, 2008.

Which is better?

1. Digimon

31.9%
  2. Pokemon

55.5%
  3. poop

12.6%
  1. Chaossama

Chaossama Just a user, literally

*shrugs* Not necessarily.

If I had to say which one was best, I would say that as a child, I liked Digimon FIRST season. However, after that, it just got BS-y, and while Pokemon never changed, I appreciated that fact in the light that at least it was essentially the same as what I had watched as a kid.

So yes, my answer still lies with Pokemon Classic, but I will note that the original Digimon were still good.

2. Scottish Legend

Scottish Legend Anybody still alive on here?

Originals of both were awesome, modern day versions of both suck. Fact.

3. Chaossama

Chaossama Just a user, literally

lol, much agreement there.

4. I am the Natalie

I am the Natalie Stuff

No,Pokemon is more for kids becuase it's from VizKids and Digimon is from Toei.
    Toei isn't suited that much for kids in Japan.

And besides,Digimon is WAAAAAAY better.

Did i mention Pokemon is almost over?

5. I am the Natalie

I am the Natalie Stuff

In real life,Digimon would've killed the dumb-ass Pokemon a long time ago.

And the MON stands for mionster,and it's supposed to be a file virus since Digimon are made from computer data.

6. The Alaskan Firedragon

The Alaskan Firedragon Stupid Boy Whore

[​IMG]

WarGreymon just sums it up. Blastoise is a turtle with cannons, this is a dinosaur cosplaying as a gundam.

DIGIVOLVE INTO ULTIMATE!

7. Xreaper34

Xreaper34 I HATE BIRDS

Pokemon for sure. I think Pokemon is more popular than Digimon, and personally, I never really understood Digimon. Pokemon was cool when I was about 7 or 8, and I only watched about two Digimon episodes cos I never understood it. So, yeah, Pokemon wins.:D

8. dragon80l

dragon80l non noob

pokemon batter

can someone explain how Pokemon got so many fans? i don't get it?.:roftl::coolgleam:

9. Amy go poof.

Amy go poof. n00b

They both are okay, but I have a special love for Digimon. I always would watch It when i was younger I love that episode when they are older when the internet has been tooken over by this thing. Yet, they find out It's a Digimon later. So, I actually did like pokemon, but not as much as Digimon.

10. alvinbell21

alvinbell21 n00b

As a TV program, for me Digimon is so much better. I found the storyline interesting and the characters were cool, though the first seasons will still be the best. The Pokémon Story was just dull and tedious, not to mention that Ash's voice annoyed the hell out of me. However on everything else: Books, Video games and annuals Pokémon is better.

11. happydod99

happydod99 n00b

Well,thats a hard decision.If i were still 6 or 7 i would say pokemon but now its relly hard.I can remember some of the movies.I'm going to say its a tie.:D

12. AzA123

AzA123 HoBo

ummm

if you didn't know digimon is still going its on its 5th or 6th season its just that its in japan
    and pokemon is also still going on t.v
    digimon has better shows

digimon has better games because pokemon has one type of game walk around and find pokemons,digimon has diffent types eg adventure,card,fighting.

digimons look cooler

look up digimon xros wars which is the latest digimon show
    and Pokemon: DP Sinnoh League Victors is the latest pokemon

go to animefreak
    to watch free online episodes

13. syaoran-kun

syaoran-kun n00b

Just to clear things up digimon came first. It was first created as the male version of the tamagotchi toy which eventually evolved in to a series, card game ect. The only reason people think pokemon came first is because pokemon hit america before the digimon tamagotchi did. And one more thing any pokemon would quickly be pwnd by omnimon in a matter of seconds.

14. DJ Toxik

DJ Toxik Super cool 2 the homeless

I sed pokemans. coz of mudkipz, i indeed liek dem

15. Shadow_Scythe

Shadow_Scythe Funny Games Veteran

Man, i had to vote pokemon only due to the first couple seasons as being great! And the games weren't bad either, Blue Version FTW!!!:321:
    Though now that they are coming out with ANOTHER season i question this vote.
    Original Pokemon wins against Digimon, yet Digimon pwns pokemon diamond and pearl

WTF is a bidoof anyway?

16. Demon13

Demon13 Guest

Actually, both were written as mangas around the same time in the early 90's. The whole, "Digimon is a copy of Pokemon" Arguement isn't exactly valid. Certainly, there is a year difference in the release dates, but the idea of the both of them are different. The only true simularity, besides both being creature themed, is the name (Poket Monster = Pokemon. Digital Monster = Digimon.)

As for me? I can't vote. growing up, I loved them both. The games, and the anime. I'll admit, right around after the third saga for each series of each anime, they got stupid. (@pokemon: Lol, your main hero sucks at winning championships. @Digimon: wth, you become the monster now?)

The games for each have provided fun challenges and gameplay, even if they are simple at times.

However, if I had to pick, which is better, logically, it's Digimon. I mean, wtf Ash. You're rival is more popular on the web and in memes than even your cash cow posterboy stater, and you can't win a single title, save the one that was never mentioned in the games. The Heroes of Digimon always end a season as winners

17. Jet1337

Jet1337 n00b

i watched almost all Pokemon series.

18. TGLucario475

TGLucario475 I'm a Furry.

Digimon is the better series because it doesn't get dull, unlike in Pokémon as you know what's going to happen in each episode; Pikachu more than likely gets kidnapped, Ash beats Team Rocket and/or another person and that's it.

19. pokeball18

pokeball18 n00b

I love pokemon more than any thing (I can't wait for the newest pokemon shows!!!!!!!)

Pokemon are super powerful like Giratina,Arceus,Dialga,and Palkia. :roftl::roftl::roftl::);););););):):):):coolgleam::coolgleam::coolgleam::coolgleam::roftl::roftl::roftl:

20. belzibuman

belzibuman Belzibumon

I myself believ that Digimon is superior, the DO still make new episode as metioned above Xross wars, and to the youtube videos, the one's that I saw the pokemon blantently cheated, one was charmander vs agumon, after charmander evolved to charzard then to charmander (which I have never sean a pokemon do on any episode) it used an action replay device to evolv again, whick I dont know why shine greymon didnt do, he is in world dusk for the ds, the other one was where the pokemon evolved to their last form then fused (agen something ive never seen in the show happen) after the digimon digivolved into champion and fused (a thing I have seen happen in the show).

as for digimon having a confusing plot I dont see it, it is about kids brought the digital world to save it, I see pokemon as haveing a confusing plot, the send 10 year olds out on their own with monsters to have said monsters fight each other, they do this knowing all the time that their are organization like team rocket about stealing pokemon.

if I were to have to watch one of them fome first ep of season one to last episode ever I would have to choose digimon because of the plot twists and difrences of the season where If I did that with pokemon I would have to kill myself after hoenn.

To those saying those who picked digimon should be ashamed I ask why, I like digimon you like pokemon and I respect that even though I dont respect pokemon enymore. I like a show about kids saveing the world whith the help of their friends you like a show about kids going about haveing animals fight eachother for fun or statis (I dont remember seeing any wild pokemon fighting in the forest)

all this being said I liked both series as a kid, though as I got older digimon is the one that stayed in my heart because of it showing kindness,Courage , Love, Sincerity, Knowledge, Reliability, hope, light, and kindness throught all the series and that is why I say digimon is better than pokemon, I'm a goggle head and i'm proud of it