Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Game Search

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Elven-Dreams, May 7, 2018.

1. Elven-Dreams

Elven-Dreams Mouldering Rose

~ Hello all ~
    -

I would like to put out a simple request. I have had little success in my own search and would like to ask around.
    I am seeking a particular type of game, an open world RPG that either has a Vampire theme to it, or one that at least allows me to play as a Vampire. It would need a good stealth and speech craft system to it at the very least, although a good "Dark Souls-esk" combat system is preferred. In short, i am seeking a "serious" RPG that i can immerse myself in, modded or otherwise.

-
    The closest thing i have found so far is Skyrim, although i would like to avoid modding, as i am a relative novice and i am unsure if my PC can handle such an endeavour, as i find Skyrim to be...Well, a painfully average game, meaning i would have to mod it extensively. But if it is truly my only option, i would greatly appreciate some mod commendation to help get me started turning it into the little Dark Fantasy paradise that i seek.
    -
    ~ Thank you for taking the time to read this little request of mine ~

Last edited: May 8, 2018
  2. Spike

Spike FG's Ultimate Dom Staff Member

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines

Combat isn't Dark Souls-esque but otherwise it is a very immersive vampire open world RPG. It's a little like Elder Scrolls but more Oblivion than Skyrim.

JanineKitty likes this.
  3. Elven-Dreams

Ricarda likes this.
  4. Ricarda

Ricarda Lil Otaku Girl :3

There a new game coming out Vampyr maybe thats more like what you looked for :3
    http://www.vampyr-game.com/
    i will definetly get it :p

5. Elven-Dreams

It isn't quite what i was looking for, no. It is however, a damn sight closer than the abomination suggested above.
    But i had actually forgotten about that title despite my intention of trying it, so thank you for reminding me of it n_n

Ricarda likes this.
  6. Ricarda

Ricarda Lil Otaku Girl :3

No problem, glad i could be a bit helpfull^^

Elven-Dreams likes this.
  7. lesbianprincess

lesbianprincess :∆

Vampires Masquerade is pretty much the staple for vampire games. That said it released to a niche, and definitely didn't age well. It does have a stealth and speechcraft system, they are kind of basic though.

Without modding things Vampyr is probably the best bet, and something to look forward to! Not much of the vampire happening in gaming. Might be better off just rereading some Anne Rice.

8. Elven-Dreams

Then i would say that i have almost no hope for this particular sub-genre if Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines is the best we have, even a decade and a half later...

Yes, while not exactly what i want, it does seem to be an interesting title, if nothing else. But if it does well, the "Vampire" sub-genre might, if all the sodding planets align, take off like Zombies did, then maybe something decent will be made.
    Rereading? I assume you mean yourself, because i find books to be the most lacklustre form of entertainment ever devised. Devoid of any and all substance.

9. Spike

Go read some good books, bro. Like~ If you like guys being sexy and homoerotic go read Interview with the Vampire. Or if you like action and visceral fighting go read The Saga of Darren Shan. Salem's Lot is a very spooky bit of vampire shenanigans.

10. Elven-Dreams

So...If i like visual things, i should go use a medium where visuals simply do not exist? What's next? If i want to hear a good song, i should read it's lyrics rather than, you know, go Listen to the song? I honestly don't understand how people do not see the meaninglessness of books...It is a worthless medium, outclassed in literally every way by all other types of media..."Oh! But you gotta use your imagination!" Riiight, so i have to do half of the authors work for them? How about noooh.

11. Spike

It's weird you say that, considering how much you RP >.> Like when you read a book or a RP post it's like a movie in your head.

Hmmm what about comics? I've been reading a lot of Yotsuba& and it's cute af

12. Elven-Dreams

False equivocation, what is the difference between reading someone else's story and writing my own? I'm in control of the story vs being a mere passenger.

Manga is barely above regular books on my scale, i hate Manga with a burning passion...But at least i can read them without metaphorically tossing it over my shoulder out of sheer boredom a mere ten pages in...

13. Spike

Ah? So you do read manga?

14. Elven-Dreams

I did a test where i would read important events in four series that i liked and compared them to their Anime counterparts, i did this twice, first with Naruto Shippuden and Rozen Maiden, then again with Naruto Shippuden, Dragon Ball Z, Bleach and Rozen Maiden. Without fail, i felt nothing for the Manga version, despite giving it every advantage i could, i felt nothing for the sad events i chose, nor did i get even slightly excited during any of the battles i chose. So in that sense, no, i don't read Manga, but i have wasted a decent amount of time giving it a chance, which i regret.

15. Spike

Bah~ The Naruto manga is way better and as for Bleach Kubo's artwork is nicer than most of the stuff in anime. Ah well.

16. Elven-Dreams

Yet that meant absolutely fuck all, now didn't it? Couple of still, colourless images on each page, no music, no voices, no sound effects, no real body language. Manga is simply trash, it doesn't matter how good the artwork is or how well the story is written, if it cannot draw out(pun) the feelings it needs to, then it is a giant waste of everyone's time. "Oh! But Manga tells better stories and are higher quality!", compare an Opera to a Movie, two very different sets of requirements, tools and knowledge for a relatively similar product, it is orders of magnitude harder and more expensive to make a Movie than it is to create an Opera, yet you do not get to hold that against the Movie just because it has stronger and more numerous obstacles to overcome.

Fact of the matter is, Manga is to Anime what Consoles are to PC gaming. A burden that would be better cast to the wayside.

17. Spike

Calling it "simply trash" is demonstrably false. It's a multi billion dollar industry and without it anime wouldn't exist, so clearly it has some merit. It sounds like it's just not to your taste, which isn't the same as it being objectively bad >.>

18. Elven-Dreams

I guess we cannot call any game published by EA bad in any respect then? Since their games make millions of dollars each, that are played by millions of people, each. Nor can we ever criticise Nintendo for any of their bad practises because video games "Owe their existence" to them? Oh wait, that logic doesn't apply anymore? Colour me surprised...

But really, these criteria are objective, not my mere opinion. It is a fact that Manga has no sound to convey voice, no music or ambience to set tone or scale, no animation to convey body language, hell something as simple as Colour is even absent most of the time...Manga is nothing more than stylised story boards with more detail than usual, the equivalent of taking those unfinished season 7 Clone Wars episodes and releasing the whole series that way. Actually...That's not fair, the 6 seasons of the Clone Wars done in that bare bones fashion would have likely taken more work and resources than any Manga ever written...I garnered more enjoyment out of the two minute, barely animated, half modelled, sparsely textured unreleased Cad Bane vs Boba Fett episode than i did from any moment in the Rozen Maiden Manga, a series i am infatuated with to the point of obsession. How do you take a series that i adore, show me the greatest and saddest moments of it, yet have me feel nothing despite my preexisting bias in favour of it?...I mean, if your standards are so low that you can derive enjoyment out of it, that's your problem and none of my business, just stop your gormless trash from holding back it's superior counterpart and i'll have no more reason to criticise.

Anyway, this derailment has gone on long enough, this topic is here for a specific reason and this conversation isn't it.

Last edited: May 14, 2018
  19. Unsleeping Virus

Unsleeping Virus Hiding from me? Cowards.

Watch your step coming down off that high horse, lady.

20. Elven-Dreams

Rich, coming from the scum found clinging to the underside of the barrel.