Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

harry potter book or film

Discussion in 'Books, Books, Books!' started by molaram 5, Aug 27, 2010.

1. molaram 5

molaram 5 n00b

whats better the books or the films

2. Ftlulz

Ftlulz Finally given up..

Books, they are more in depth, movies have to cut out parts to keep it to a low enough time.

3. guybcool

guybcool Besiktas

both good check

4. 12 Virgin

12 Virgin A person of change.

I'm not partial to either. They're both good.

5. Rubylula

Rubylula Like a mother bitch.

Ironically, you can't really compare the two.
    The books are great. I love the ideas, the characters, the plot - eveything. BUT I despise J.K Rowling's writing style. She waits until the very last chapter to solve whatever is happening in each book, & she's clearly heavily influenced by every other fantasy novel so they lack originality.
    The films are good*, but I can't help but think that if you haven't read the book, they make no sense whatsoever. There are so many parts missing that the story is so flawed. Also, the plot has been changed so they can show off the latest CGI & things which is also shitty.
    Overall I think they're both good, but I'd rather read the books purely because I'm not a film junkie.

*Except for The Deathly Hallows part 1. SO BORING! All of the waiting around in the forests is interesting in the books because it's descriptive, but that film didn't need to be so long. It's as if they'd stretched the book so it would make two films.

6. 12 Virgin

12 Virgin A person of change.

You do have a good point.

7. Kenichi

Kenichi Epicness

I'd rather watch the film than read the book.

8. saiyaka2

saiyaka2 no longer on the site

I agree with Rubylula in the sense that the books and movies can't be compared. Personally, I liked both the books and the movie. The books went in more depth and it was easy to curl up in a comfortable spot and get lost with Rowling's work...or at least that's what happens to me when I read her books. The movies, thought, did a very good job at depicting a lot of things in the books, on the off side they did have a tendency to cut certain things out(which were emphasized in the books).

9. juliasmith2050

juliasmith2050 n00b

baby

Many thanks for the exciting forum posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you are a brilliant writer. I actually added your post to my favorites and will look forward for more updates. Great Job, Keep it up..

10. Simsy

Simsy Guest

Well

I think that books are just left to our imagination whereas the film you can actually visualise what is happening,, so for me it would be a film what is better

11. ShadowMcloud23

ShadowMcloud23 Krystal's "buddy"

Hmm... I'd say that Ic would rather watch the movie then go through a HUGE book but, the books are alot more entertaining and good time wasters. So In the grand scheme of things I'd have to go with the book.

12. crazyguy771

crazyguy771 n00b

Harry potter book is batter vs film.. film is very short . but book is batter ,,,

13. darklordx54

darklordx54 Tina's

There is no comparisons, people can argue with the book but they have to realize how hard it actually is when it comes to Directing/Producing it. With a book you have the freedom to express your ideas/thoughts. With the filming industry today, its really hard because you have a strict budget and sometimes their can be mistakes in the shootings/filming.

The biggest problem for film to compete with book is "time." With a book you can freedom and time to do work on your novels whenever you want. With a film the production team set the time, the budget and because their main aims were to bring this film to little children e.g "Philosopher's Stone." They have to try their best to keep in the age range the production team wanted.

My main thoughts because of the hard dedication that the cast, filming and production team went through. I'm going to choose the film over the book. You cant make everything perfect, when it comes to such pressure filming it for live audiences who love the books.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
  14. Robotower

Robotower robotower.com

Book are great all, and movie are good too, but between book and movie i go to book.
    Book are more interestingly because plot, and all is better described and draw you into the book itself, reading it until late at night and you can not stop even though your head of pain, hardly you see and you in front of the eyes stars sparkle.
    Movies are interesting, but not so attractive to be seen several times, while I was read the book at least 5-6 times each.

15. Fudge The Police

Fudge The Police NOT APART OF THE SYSTEM

Can i choose both?

16. AngelOfLight

AngelOfLight Vegeta's slut Goku's girl

Well, the movies. I found the style of writing my JKR quite average , the actors had to better than better , which exceeded against all of my expectations happened. Even at such a young age , they were just among the best.
    Nice to see them still going on strong. :)
    I miss the HP Franchise though. :(

17. Ollivander

Ollivander Good dom daddy

Personally I prefer the books but some of the stuff they added to the movie was pretty good like I hated HBP the movie BC they cut so much and made it less adult I guess (especially sectumsepra and the scene with draco in the bathroom and y was he a cry baby on the tower) but I do love the scene between harry and Hermione in the library before slug horns party when they are talking about romalda vane, I also liked the scene in DH 1where harry and Hermione have a moment when they are dancing. Both those were added to the films and it bugs me how much they cut out, but I did like those BC I'm Harmony shipper. There are also things about the movies like the basilisk that until u see it u can't really picture it effectively in ur mind when reading the books.