Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Help with a Virus!!!

Discussion in 'Computer Help Room' started by Tharin, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Tharin

Tharin Guest

I have a problem with a virus called a Trojan downloader win32 renos...Windows defender comes up to tell me and i press remove it but it comes back later...as a matter of fact while i was writing this it came back up...anyway...I downloaded an antivirus called bullguard but it wont work for some reason...what free program can i use...even if its a trial (Kaspersky wont work cuz AVG 8 is there but its not really -.-) And AVG wont reinstall...my computer is fricken screwing with me. Its a vista Home 32 bit:fmad:

Edit: O ya and it sometimes shuts down my computer and its pissin me off

2. Hannahi

Hannahi wannabe n3rd

I think you should initialize your computer right away, if you are not that good with virus'. Because neither am i, and that's the only thing i can think about, and if you have important files on your computer, you should put them in harddrive which is connected by usp port or something like that, but you have to make sure that the virus ain't in one of the files you move in the harddrive.

I had trojan once and everytime i deleted the file where the trojan was, it went to another file, or sometimes it even multiplied.:sad: And other kinky thing is that they usually move in to windows files, and if you delete them, the computer slowly stops working.:confused: And yes what i did, was formating the computer.

Take care! :thumb:

3. Tharin

Tharin Guest

Ok cool thanks...wont go around deleting files then lol

4. MrFurious

MrFurious n00b

Windows Defender seems to be more of a preventer then remover. Deleting the files the virus comes from is a start but not the source hence it comes back. Use a second computer to google what you can on the specific virus. Removing it from the registry then deleting the files that were infected is the best path next to formating wholly.

Use the program Hijack This (can post a link when i find a safe one). itll give a full read out of yyour system allowing people to help more accuratly.

1 program i use to remove trojans is malwarebytes

Run that - reboot then check for infections. Spy Doctor (Have to Pay) is a good one as well.

If all else fails , back up your data the best you can and reformat.

hope i can help.

5. hell-fire

hell-fire n00b

the virus is probably running in ram so no antivirus can help you need to boot of a Linux boot disk that has antivirus software and use that to scan

6. BruceSmith

BruceSmith n00b

Hi Hell-fire!!
    I think you are a bot as you reply the thread which is too old..
    Even the reply is false which CD or DVD comes with antivirus install in Linux operating system?:rtfm::fmad:
    If you have any tell us and please provide us.

7. Emprasoforvio

Emprasoforvio n00b

hmm i tried something with those virusses (has worked for me a lot of times)

remove the harddrive from the computer.. put in other computer and check for virusses

(if you dont have another computer.. then i dont know any good solutions then to back up your most sacred files and Reformat your pc ;) )

8. boomermitra

boomermitra n00b

Trojan downloader win32 is one of the most dangerous viruses. I would prefer Avast as it detects every viruses!

9. VoftEmatmet

VoftEmatmet n00b

New Here need help

Hey I am new here. I’m sorry if this is not the right place for this but I was hoping
    some one here on forums.funny-games.biz would be able to help me. My computer has a BAD virus,its slowing it down really bad. What is good software to remove it?

10. Chaossama

Chaossama Just a user, literally

Avast Antivirus Home Edition is pretty good for that.

Though I'm pretty sure you're a spambot (you show the signs, at least), but you don't have any links in your signature, so ¬¬

11. Angel of Game

Angel of Game You want ban?

It is a spambot. But it doesn't advertise anything so I will just leave it alone. Perhaps it's just someone desperate enough to get help against some kind of annoying virus so this person uses spambot to get some help. I will ban this spambot if it advertises something in the future.

Avira free version is fairly good for free anti-virus. You can upgrade it by buying paid version but it's your choice.

Also, if you know how to "play" with Registry Editor, you can just delete the virus's registry. Without its registry, it won't do anything. Of course, you need to do this in Safe Mode if you want more effective.

12. ADMIRAL MANSON

ADMIRAL MANSON Computer Repair Company

Do a search for hijackthis and download it from the Trendmicro site.

Get the exe download and post the contents of the log.

13. ADMIRAL MANSON

Its usually best to get the infections off before installing an antivirus so here is what you do for Windows Vista.

1. Get hijackthis from the trend micro site the exe download.

2. Post a hijackthis log with its contents from hijackthis.

"Do not follow MrFurious advice" It will ruin your pc and get a bsod.

Pm me if you can.

14. asdfqzxc

asdfqzxc n00b

Nice

Hm, cool. I should really write about it in my own blog.
    And where's the source of the information?

15. ADMIRAL MANSON

If its Xp to Windows 7 always download combofix from bleeping computer.

Note : It will only work with 32 bit versions of the Operating system. It is best to run combofix in safe mode as Administrator and post its log and then go back into normal mode and then do the hijackthis log and post it and then from there try the mbam fullscan.

Just google the info if you use mbam first it could ruin system depending on the variant.

16. ADMIRAL MANSON

This is not needed unless you have mbam or sas you are fine since most default registry entries are harmless once the added entries are removed by malware removing programs. And searching for how that is spelled is a waste of time and could damage windows.

17. ADMIRAL MANSON

:roftl:

I have seen that program in action on many pcs and it does a poor job. Its not even worth it for long time use.

18. hemat

hemat n00b

how about you try avira, i think it better