Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

How about some limits on sigs?

Discussion in 'Comments and suggestions' started by Sworddude198, Dec 1, 2007.

1. Sworddude198

Sworddude198 Black Mage

I mean really, have you seen some of them? Take up more space than a post. (yes I realise mine does take up more space than some of my posts however its the limit on another forum).

I mean make it so it only can be x pixels high by x pixels wide and a filesize limit. You have to think of those on Dial-Up.

A signature is meant to be a small statement about yourself, not a bunch of meaningless pictures.

For example, amy signature I use has pretty much got something to do with gaming, so its a small statement about myself.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2007
  2. Devin

Devin Administrator Staff Member Administratior

Will be considered, thanks for this suggestion!

3. numenor

numenor the bawler

i would that idea because it makes the site so unclear

4. UzumakiNARuTO

UzumakiNARuTO What?

Yeah, and then people wouldn't be able to have sigs that take up a whole page..

5. Desu

Desu I'm a convicted pedofile!

To the above post,

-cough adrxone- -cough-

6. Superyan

Superyan XBOX 360 RULES YEAH!!!!

i want to know is my sig ok if its to big i will make it smaller

7. im sure its fine if it doesnt take up much

8. Xi'an Spy

Xi'an Spy n00b

See also Firrefly's poll

What's the point with sigs anyway? I use my avatar so I can quickly scroll through and see where the latest thread is "Oh there's a pic of a rat so the next one must be newer than mine." Big sigs merely make it so that I have to wait longer for the page to load.
    It isn't what you do with it -- it's the size that counts?​

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2008
  9. H4ck3d

H4ck3d n00b

Wow, Sigs are meant to be huge for the n00bs.

10. resanance

resanance resanance is here

I agree, all people need to do is use a free picture-editing program such as GIMP, and resize the picture easily.

11. commandx

commandx GAME FREAK

Oh but why should they go through the extensive time required to do such an operation when they can be annoying jerks instead... I mean everyone must have cable in this modern era, so what does a page sized sig matter worth a damn, i mean, make the page distorted by your massive 1440x900 pixel sig. ohh i have that set as my background, it makes perfect sense to use it as a siggy... and for those with your fucking cannon pick or whatever the fuck it is, long is just as damn annoying. it still makes my index finger move like a bitch in heat so get rid of those damn huge sigs...

I am oh so sorry for the rant but this is one of my major pet peeves, mods please fuck with my post till it matches your liking. this is just my voiced opinion on the subject.

12. Taisunner

Taisunner n00b

I still have slow internet! I know! I don't mind sigs, If I have one, I like to keep it small though. I don't wait for them to load I just skip to the text!

13. Liquid Legend

Liquid Legend Schwing!

There are some people with stupidly big signatures in the forums, seriously they take up like two or three posts with just their sigs. I know my sig at the moment, FFVII, is a bit bigger than most sigs but it's nothing compared to some, they really do need to be limited.

14. Krazyskater0

Krazyskater0 Ninja Dog

i agree that some signatures are just to big you should have a limit

15. Sworddude198

Sworddude198 Black Mage

Hell, if anything, yours is fairly decent when it comes to filesize.

Just under 36KB, and I'm saying that 40KB is a pretty good filesize max. But what annoys me more is these extremely detailed ones which take over 100KB, causes longer loading times, and since they are usually huge, cause the page to go away from what I'm reading when they load, which means I have to scroll down and find where I was.

16. Mr. Buttapple

Mr. Buttapple Sell by Date, 9/01/2010

mines was one of the biggest on the forum i think lol:roftl:

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2008
  17. Night Prowler

Night Prowler I love AC/DC!!!

Yeah, I hate those huge sigs. It's sometimes 5 big photos, bunny (this is bunny. cpoy/paste...) and a text like "copy/paste this sig in 5 days or a giant whale will smack you in desert"
    On my clan's forum we just have a limit of 300 words, and I think that's enough
    (look at my cool sig)

18. Ren

Ren Guest

I agree, your sig limit should only be; 600pixels in width, and 450pixels in height.

Nothing more.

600x450.

19. BlGredTURD

BlGredTURD Custim User Title

yep i agree

20. TubaDude

TubaDude Guest

hows mine?i know it kinda big but i like it and i dont know how to use any editing sofware to well.