Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

I Knew That Song Before It Was Popular...

Discussion in 'Music' started by NoE, Dec 13, 2009.

1. NoE

NoE Pride ♥

I got the idea for this thread from a Facebook group.
    What songs or bands/artists did you know before they were popular?

Example: "I knew 3OH!3 before they released Star Strukk and everyone found out about them."

I first heard If Today Was Your Last Day - Nickelback during a media show at school, then a few months later I heard it on the radio.

I knew Paramore looooooong before Decode was released, then all the teenage twilight obsessed fans liked Paramore only because of Twilight.

MIA - Paper Planes, knew it from a dance festival production at school last year.

I knew Up/Down by Jessica Mauboy before it was popular, and radio ruined it by over playing it.

I also knew I Kissed A Girl by Katy Perry before that was over played and ruined again by radio when my friend in the States introduced me to it.

I knew Love Drunk by Boys Like Girls before it was popular because my friend played it for me and I fell in love with it, then it became popular.

A few months ago my friend made me download the song Parlez Vous Francais? by Art Vs Science, and now everybody knows it, now everyone on Facebook quotes the lyrics. >.>

When my friend made me download heaps of songs for our school Athletics Carnival, she told me to download Bulletproof by La Roux, and at that time I had never heard it played anywhere else, then of course radio got their grubby hands on it, and it became popular.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2009
  2. Rubylula

Rubylula Like a mother bitch.

Anything by Alexisonfire, Chelsea Grin & Lady Gaga.

3. Deadly shot

Deadly shot The Offensive Type!

When friends started teasing me I searched up a Revenge Song and found

Gives You Hell - All American Rejects...

Before it became popular.

Would play it whenever someone had an insult to say.​

4. By Reason of Insanity

By Reason of Insanity I accidently your post

Pitbull......

I had I Know You Want Me, on my ipod before it was played on radio.

And before everyone thought he was some new breakthrough act,

when really hes been making unsucessful music for the past 7 years.

which i also have on my ipod...

5. Neon Goddess

Neon Goddess Bring me some brains!

Pop the Glock by Uffie..

I heard it at my sister's wedding then I heard it on one of the Sirius stations on T.V. a couple days later.

6. The Alaskan Firedragon

The Alaskan Firedragon Stupid Boy Whore

I've been a closet Ke$ha fan ever since her collab on Right Round. Partly because her voice is so imperfect, in the same way most good punk artists cannot sing, and partly because she looks like a dirty Taylor Swift, which totally does it for me.
    Anyways, Been looking forward to Animal for ages, and then, Boom! Tik Tok. Amazing song, which I got so much grief for loving, is totally going to top the charts.
    How smug do I feel.

7. emokid96

emokid96 Member Of The SGTC

linkin park-skin

8. Paramore , Three days grace , Rise against , Thousand foot krutch , avenged sevenfold

9. kerrod8

kerrod8 I Better Find Your Heart.

I discovered Paramore on the sims and that was before they became famous.

10. gamer20155

gamer20155 DEBOOOED!!!!

I knew about Kings of Leon before they became famous...
    and I knew of Third eye Blind before "I'll never let you go" became famous.. thats about it.

11. Cannon_Fodda

Cannon_Fodda FGF's Frankenstein

I knew of Bullet for my Valentine before the lyrics to "Tears Don't Fall" started appearing everywhere.

Three Days Grace, before Riot! and Animal

Slipknot back in the Iowa days (before duality and before I forget)

Parkway Drive before Deep Blue

12. Darrkness

Darrkness S-Ranked Strider

i was on a street team for A Perfect Circle before the first cd was released. saw and met a lot of bands before they signed to major labels. too many to name but most of the ones i really liked are still small time.

some other more known ones are:
    kenna, mudvayne, slipknot, taproot, sinch, liquid gang, fingereleven (r.b.m.), linkin park (hybrid theory), cold, deftones, hedPE, korn, 40 below summer, nonpoint, 36 crazifists, ill nino, factory 81, spineshank, m.manson, chevelle...

all really cool people but i mostly listen to different stuff now with a few exceptions.

13. kerrod8

kerrod8 I Better Find Your Heart.

I also knew Mike Posner before "cooler then me".

14. Cannon_Fodda

Cannon_Fodda FGF's Frankenstein

Mike Posner is a major *ahem* Faggot

15. big1665

big1665 n00b

I think the only things were: I knew "the Pretender" from the Foo Fighters before they released their video and became popular and I knew Seether before they were pretty famous in the US (and I'm from germany and because I almost only hear rock music from the states it's really difficult for me to know a band before they get famous).

16. a7x girl

a7x girl cutie

sail by awol nation

17. AngelOfLight

AngelOfLight Vegeta's slut Goku's girl

Neon Hitch.