Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Im just curious of your opinion on legalizing weed...

Discussion in 'Messing around and talking' started by commandx, Mar 25, 2008.

Legalization of marijuana, should it be legal or stay illegal?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2009.
  1. Yes its just a plant...

49.2%
  2. No, it should stay illegal...

32.2%
  3. I dont have any opinions on it...

18.6%
  1. commandx

commandx GAME FREAK

Should dope be legalized? I'm just wondering what your opinion is, no flaming or other stupidity...

Pros of it being legalized:
    It would have a lower chance of being spiked with something not wanted.
    Lessen police work spent on making sure it wasn't in the states.
    Overdosing isn't lethal.
    Drug dealers and possibly terrorists would lose a large chunk of business.
    Additional tax revenues.

Cons of it being legalized:
    It's often used as a stepping stone drug
    More traffic accidents related to it.
    Many consider it morally wrong to use.
    Can disrupt vital body functions, cause brain damage, cancer, and similar.
    Could lead to other drugs being legalized

Arguments against pros and cons:
    The legal drugs we have access to already can cause brain damage or cancer.
    There isn't any proof it would take a chunk out of drug dealers profits.
    People already have accidents because of being high.

Some solutions to some issues (A joke or two as well):
    Put it in plastic packaging, that is hard to open without a knife. (not the cereal packaging, the stuff you need a knife to open)
    Moderate the amounts sold to one customer
    Don't permit it during or before work. (sorta like tobacco is already, except for the before work part)
    Age limit: like smokes or alcohol, could reduce availability to younger crowds.

I myself am in favor of legalizing it, but i just want to see what you all think...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2008
    Big_Cat likes this.
  2. baby-girl

baby-girl n00b

that is a very long speace an most people ant going to read it but anyways my opinion is that it gets legalised

3. wazza

wazza Funny Dude

no i think it should stay illegal cos drugs just make your life bad and you would have kids who haven't had weed before going and trying it cos they think it will be ok and cos it would be legal

( i have never tried weed, and dont want to)

4. baby-girl

baby-girl n00b

not really cuz there could be a sign on the packet so they no it is dangerous and plus if they dont legalize it people are just gonna carry on so it would just be the same but not anoth people gettin arrested cuz i no loads of ppl who do it so u no an none of them have got catched..

Big_Cat likes this.
  5. Zeusy

Zeusy The Surreal Love Bastard

I say leagalize it. Because I wan me some legal ganja.

6. commandx

commandx GAME FREAK

What the heck do you mean its too long? its less then a page... if you want it to be too long i can dump every fact i know about mary j in there and we can go from there... I did a decent job keeping it short and to the point, besides this ain't to change your view, this is for you to voice your opinion, if i was trying to convince you to love pot it wouldn't be a poll...

and your saying tobacco and booze cant do the same effect? those 2 are legal, even though tobacco has killed more then all narcotics combined... and booze is involved in 16k traffic accident deaths yearly, you can't even calculate how many people are killed by booze in the long run because so many drink...

think about the prohibition, how effective was that at keeping booze down? people who obeyed the laws normally broke them just to have their fill of liqueur, or moonshine...

7. commandx

commandx GAME FREAK

eh... besides from my wtf at the fact that a search turned up nothing like that... it didn't have a poll...
    (oh... i used a few slang terms when i was looking around... that answers why i didn't find it...)

besides, that is not what I'm asking here, what I'm asking is if you think it should be legalized, thats asking you for your opinions on it, not specifically should it be legal, and why you think that it should or shouldn't...

8. baby-girl

baby-girl n00b

well i think it is long u dont have 2 be nasty about it if i wanna say tat i think it is to long then i will tat doesnt mean u have to change it or anything eles tat is just my appinion ok so dony talk to me like tat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. commandx

commandx GAME FREAK

... i just said that i wasnt trying to change your views, and that was the shortest way i could fit all my arguments on one short list... sorry if i sounded rude...

10. baby-girl

baby-girl n00b

its ok dont worry bout it anyhow how old are u

11. Dr. Nick

Dr. Nick Dr. Doc

i say legalize it because
    of all thats been said plus within the first year it would be way overused

now your thinking how is that good
    well it would kill off a few people (like this world dosnt have enough) after that it will be like anything else use it too much and people get sick of it.
    yea there would be that couple hundreds of thousands that would still do it.
    but with in a world of billions of people thats pretty small.

12. commandx

commandx GAME FREAK

18... high school was a *****.... thats the only reason i overreacted... i have funner things to look forward too...

agreed... besides, we need to reduce the stupid population, not those by birth, those who make themselves stupid through their choices... i touch booze once in a while, but i haven't smoked pot... if only because the job i want will require a few drug tests...

13. Ashtopher

Ashtopher Biker Bloke

You guys are moorons, what the hell would you want to put a thread about this for!!!

its just dumb and stupid, and im saying that from experience, GROW UP!

14. commandx

commandx GAME FREAK

Possibly because i'm curious what the others posters opinions are. it looks like your the one who needs to grow up from my point of view anyway, because you come in here to insult us, for what, self pleasure, grow up, till then a polite F U from myself.

15. Ashtopher

Ashtopher Biker Bloke

Excuse me?!

do you have any idea how much sht it causes!!!!!

your supposid "self pleasure" has put me on 700mg of Lithium (a mood stabiliser) 20mg of Prozac, and 40mg of citalopram (two different anti-depressants) and also not forgetting the fact that i now have to explain where ever i want to get a job that ive got a mental illness!!!

no mate, theres nothing wrong with fucking your own life up, but your more messed up than i am for putting this stupid thread up, as if your PROMOTING it!!!

its YOU that needs to grow up mate, and it should be people like you who should have to take these tablets!

16. commandx

commandx GAME FREAK

I already take these tablets, several thousand mg altogether, but im not going to turn this into a flame war.

17. Ashtopher

Ashtopher Biker Bloke

Ok then dicksplash....

several thousand eh? well theres only one mental illness IN THE WORLD where you need to take Lithium, Prozac and Citalopram together!..... so stop making stuff up you idiot

18. commandx

commandx GAME FREAK

My mistake, i posted the wrong thing, what i meant was i am taking one type of tablet for an issue with depression,and im taking additional meds for certain other issues... one of my other meds which i take in the thousands of mgs quantities is primidone, i managed to damage my nerves somehow with some of the drugs i was taking, and i need it for my damn seizures, there ya happier?

and i think my likes for booze aint mixing well with the whole lot... its pretty bad when you cant take anything that has any chance of depressing the central nervous system, because of the primidone... its anti seizure, sure, but its also powerful stuff...

Enough getting off topic though, i will not discuss anything more on the subject in this thread, and if you attempt to i will report it. create another thread if you want to bitch about the side affects of pot...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2008
  19. Ashtopher

Ashtopher Biker Bloke

Whats that? "retardia of posting stupid retarded threads"???