Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Just throwing out an idea..

Discussion in 'Comments and suggestions' started by im2ignorant2care, Jan 18, 2008.

1. im2ignorant2care

im2ignorant2care Hersh's French Fry Pirate

I'm just floating one out there to see what kind of response it gets..

What would those in charge think of a funny games chatroom? I'm not sure how these boards are run, whether there's a private server owned or not.. But if there is an already owned box, I'm pretty certain you can host the forums and an IRC server easily at the same time. Chatrooms are a fun way for some people on the site to have instant responses from some of the people they talk to on the boards. Although chatrooms and forums are similar by nature, they hold distinct enough differences for them to co-exist, with both having their own unique value.

Chatrooms can easily be incorporated into the site, as well. Although moderators would be better suited to have a personal IRC interface, a java applet can be made for the regular users to easily enter and leave the chatroom, without requiring any programs but a current version of java. A java-based version of a chatroom isn't the hardest of tasks for programmers, either.

If the idea is liked, and flies, I'd have no problem with helping out. Although yes I'm newer to these forums, I can assure you I'm not promoting myself to help out for any personal gain. I'm just stating what I think would make the site better, from passed experience.

Let me know what you think. Thanks.

2. skillai

skillai Holden McGroin

i like that idea i support ya man

if you had an authority in the chatrooms some mods that could kcik or ban people from the chat room for being naughty n stuff

3. Devin

Devin Administrator Staff Member Administratior

Closed.

A shoutbox IS a irc server, they are the same exact thing. They are in no way different, you still send messages back and forth.

The shoutbox can be found on the main page.

Our audio and video chatroom can be found at http://www.funny-games.biz/chat.html

Thanks.

4. im2ignorant2care

im2ignorant2care Hersh's French Fry Pirate

Dharok The Defiled, if you do not want an IRC server, then that's completely fine. However, I just want to be sure you don't want it for the right reasons.

Shoutbox is actually not even close to the IRC server I'm speaking of. I'm not even positive it's capable of really being moderated very effectively? The webcam chat may be closer, but also lacks the moderation and personal settings that the type of IRC server I speak of can offer.

I can personally see to it that funny-games has an IRC server and rooms to test out the idea with. I can also provide Petr with a java-applet (or a link to one, or just link it myself), so that users can simply load a page and logon. With this IRC server, there would be no need to register anything but a user-name, no personal identification required. In the server, rooms can be divided as seen fit for particular purposes, and particularly helpful users who are deemed a good role model for chatting can be given a status, without any power to do harm.

I'm honestly hoping you reconsider your opinion, Dharok The Defiled. I'm willing to do the footwork so that users here can have a safer environment to chat in, and so that the moderators here can keep the chats as clean as they keep the boards.

The most I'm asking is that you give it a fair shot, since there's absolutely nothing to lose and plenty to gain.

Thank you.

5. Devin

Devin Administrator Staff Member Administratior

Fine, I will run us a IRC server.

Irc server information

To join our channel type /join #funnygames
    To change your nick type /nick name
    To register your nick type /msg nickserv register password email

To get on our server YOU MUST type /server funnygames.no-ip.biz

6. whisper

whisper ima 1337 tw1n

thanks defiled :flush:

7. pants

pants n00b

allright

:smashfreak::smashfreak::smashfreak:

8. pants

pants n00b

allright il do it

9. UzumakiNARuTO

UzumakiNARuTO What?

Nevermind...

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2008
  10. on a f**king Irc client, like Mirc......

11. someone23

someone23 n00b

lol

thats funny lol

12. 12 Virgin

12 Virgin A person of change.

They probably wouldn't like the idea. People would be getting in trouble on it all the time and they'd probably have to monitor it.