Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Kettlebells for hard styling comrades

Discussion in 'Messing around and talking' started by BulletSponge, Jul 14, 2009.

1. BulletSponge

BulletSponge Bored with this site

I was wondering if anybody here has experienced the hellish peice of iron that is the Russian Kettlebell. I've come to realize that there is something different about working out with a kettlebell is different than working out with a dumbell because all of the weight is off center and your muscles have to support the weight instead of your bone structure, greatly increasing the "suck" factor of the excersise. I currently own a 45lb and competition weight 53lb kettlebell that I bought from the great one himself, comrade Pavel Tsatsouline. I reccomend using kettlebells and their unique excersises if you want to get in shape very quickly, or are looking for a way to make yourself healtheir. It should be noted that 4 months after starting a kettlbell regime my resting heart rate was between 49-52 BPM. I can not get over this insane low tech ball of iron that has helped me transform my body. You must get a kettlbell and start training with it. You will worship it after a few weeks.
    Do it
    now

2. im2ignorant2care

im2ignorant2care Hersh's French Fry Pirate

You're kind of becoming a bad infomercial, to be completely frank. (R.I.P Billy Mays)

And the only real thing the Kettlebell does more exclusively is work the stabilizer muscles, which give you that "more toned" look. Lift for power, go for dumbbells so you get the natural body motion. Lift for cosmetics, go for the exercises that work the smaller muscles that aren't primarily used.

3. BulletSponge

BulletSponge Bored with this site

Yeah but have you seen what KB swings do for your hip flexors. The hip flexors and glutes are pretty much the powerplant for all powerlifts and its difficult to build the hip flexors even with power cleans.