Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Love. How do you feel about it?

Discussion in 'Heaven' started by dmen, Mar 21, 2009.

How do you feel about love?

1. like it

7 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. love it

32 vote(s)
    56.1%
  3. hate it

5 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. doesnt matter

4 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. dont care

9 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. dmen

dmen Angel of Death

interesting thought. havent made an awkward forum in a bit so i thought why not. as u can see from my quotes its a poison. i personally find it stupid and pointless.

to all of you who want to make the pathetic, obvious, and ultimately dull smart ass comment of i hate love because ive never been in a relationship, dont. comments like that are all to normal. if you have something different or interesting though, be my guest.

2. Chaossama

Chaossama Just a user, literally

Generally, love has it's purpose, can't say I ever saw the point of it, but it MUST have some purpose. Otherwise, the world would just connect on the basis of lust, and we know how THAT turns out......Now that I think of it, most relationships become based on lust, so then the question is: Do you truly know what love is? Parents can do amazing things for their children, could the same apply? Thus, my answer is, how the hell can you know?

@dmen: Exactly what is your experience with love?

3. mrmystic

mrmystic MoreAkwardthanaJewateastr

What is love, love love?
    Baby don't hurt me,
    don't hurt me,
    no more.
    But seriously, unspent sexual energy = love.
    Of course, what people say about love reflects more about them than about the real world.

4. deryni

deryni king kick spamming a**

love is the single greatest thing in the world. it means someone cares for you and about you, it means you will never be lonely as long as they keep loving you and you love them. but it is also the most terrible thing ever if it gets messed up because of this significant other. you feel like dirt and you are extremely depressed and have thoughts of suicide...but to me, love is the light in my life that i am always searching for but i can't find it no matter how hard i try. i guess i'm just not destined for it, but i still want it. love is the ultimate feeling, but also the ultimate sacrifice.

5. Chaossama

Is it really? And how do you know that? From what I understand, that is lust, and not love. In my opinion, nobody experiences true love because everyone has a basis in the physical, a basis in lust. And that is what you must be content with.

So in the end, just say that you're in lust with someone, because it's obvious you don't know love. For, if you prove your love through just sex, how can that be love?

Perhaps our current generation is too young, too foolish, too idiotic to know love, so I suppose in the end, I shall say: Does it matter? For if it is love to you, who gives a damn what others label it?

And yes I ramble, but then again, this is a topic to ramble about, because who can say they know true love?

6. dmen

dmen Angel of Death

dont worry bout rambling i do it with random topics which mean nothing to most.

to ur earlier question i say, i may have not fallen in love(i hate that expression) but had feelings for a few girls and i found that during the time between the start of those feelings and when i asked them out it distracted me from what should have been important then it all blew up in my face.

and i see what you mean by our generation doesnt know true love

7. NoE

NoE Pride ♥

It annoys me, cause it will never go the right way. It always screws up and ends up hurting you, or just hurts you from the start anyway.

A wise boy named Brandon once told me a good definition for the way I feel about someone.
    He said:
    "Love is self-sustaining. You don't need to fuel it, it just keeps going on it's own. No matter how much you want it to go away or how much pain it causes you, you can't help it, untill it just about completly consumes you."

"It's also a fixation. Kind of like an emotional cancer. It takes all of your attention and just grows for no reason."

8. Emprasoforvio

Emprasoforvio n00b

love is fun :D... yet... yeah.. i dont care about it much

9. TubaDude

TubaDude Guest

Its so wonderful. I'm in a relationship right now with someone I love. And she loves me back. I know because of just how we are together. When I see her I just forget everything, and just be with her. She has also set a certain amount of time to where we cant do anything sexual. And I am perfectly fine with it. And lust is a part of humans. Think about it. Having sex with someone is supposed to be with someone that you care for and love very much. And ONLY for that person. To have sex with your significant other is a great gift from them as from you to them, as well as a sacrifice. Or at least it should be. People today only want to have sex because it feels good. Not saying it doesn't, but shouldn't it be more special than just to band them then leave them? It discusts me on how people treat sex. Its being shared out by people like candy is given out on Halloween. Oh. And to have a sexual feeling towards someone doesn't mean that you're not in love. As long as it is only with them, it is pure. Sex doesn't always have to be lust you know.

10. adidas boy

adidas boy n00b

love

yes love is the best :sad:i havent got a girlfriend yet. :sad::sad::sad:

11. dmen

dmen Angel of Death

you need to learn the rules of life. its all going to go wrong one way or another, sooner or later.

12. TubaDude

TubaDude Guest

I know. We are human. We disagree with each other from time to time. And maybe one of us will do something that is unforgivable. Some people will break it off with that person. But some will also forgive the unforgivable. Love is an unconditional feeling. I have forgiven her just as much she has forgiven me for things we have done. Some things were worse than others, but still we saw past that. It might go wrong some day. We might hate each other one day. But maybe not. Its not a rule. And if it is, then I have the power to not follow it.

13. Chaossama

VERY well said, good for you and congratulations on finding something that most cannot or will not. After all, half of a relationship is knowing that nobody's perfect but accepting that.

Also, from what I've looked around, dmen you need to get out of the basement no offense. You speak casually of torturing people (subordinates, whatever) in another thread, and here you just are pessimistic. Lighten up a bit, seriously! Life ain't perfect but find the best you can in these situations and roll with the punches. Whoever made the phrase "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade" really knew what they were talking about.

14. Rubylula

Rubylula Like a mother bitch.

Being "in love" with someone is amazing. Even better when they love you back. People that don't care about it, clearly haven't felt it before. It makes you feel like you actually belong and mean something to someone.
    It rawks. ;D

15. Chaossama

And congrats to you as well then, Rubylula. Now if only the rest of our generation would start to feel the same. But, given most comments in this forum, we have a long way to go before we all understand the concept ;). In the meantime, I'll see if I can get this feeling myself, ah well, I have time.

16. Chaossama

Really? What interaction other than class have you had with this teacher? How can you classify your feelings as 'love' and not 'lust' as many other students have felt?

17. dmen

dmen Angel of Death

well first of all, watching random people in excrutiating pain can be quite amusing. even better when you know your the cause. pessimistic is just part of me. if you live that way and something goes wrong, your not disappointed. if it goes right then you feel that much better.

now i know life aint perfect but ever since my first crush it seemed like love was out to get me. it crushed me wherever, whenever it hit me. and now i just cant escape it. and i never roll with anything unless i find the results will be adequate.

18. TubaDude

TubaDude Guest

Well if you're like that now, I suggest some counseling. But all because things like that have happened to you, doesn't mean that it is stupid and pointless to others. Other people are happy with their lover. Then again some aren't. It does hurt when somebody you love doesn't love you back. But when somebody does, it is the best feeling ever. Just wait. Before the girl I have now I was thinking just like you. There really is somebody out there for everyone. Some people just have to wait longer than others.

19. dmen

dmen Angel of Death

ya dont get to sappy on me now. i used to care about find "the one" but honestly now im just out to have some fun. i dont care bout love anymore. i just made this cuz i was curious of everyone elses experiences.

20. Charismatic_Caterpie

Charismatic_Caterpie Professional Gamer

Ask the chat room. It called me "SnoogyWoogums" the first time I logged in, so I think I've got a pretty good chance.