Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Love. How do you feel about it?

Discussion in 'Heaven' started by dmen, Mar 21, 2009.

How do you feel about love?

1. like it

7 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. love it

32 vote(s)
    56.1%
  3. hate it

5 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. doesnt matter

4 vote(s)
    7.0%
  5. dont care

9 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. The Alaskan Firedragon

The Alaskan Firedragon Stupid Boy Whore

Wow, aren't we all bitter?
    Especially you Dmen, you really should lighten up.
    Anyways, Love is great, albeit very confusing.
    so my question is, How can you tell if you love someone?

2. dmen

dmen Angel of Death

well being optimistic is to annoying. and to your question i can only restate my above post.

3. Chaossama

Chaossama Just a user, literally

Right, before we get into the whole pessimistic/optimistic thing (and honestly, being too pessimistic isn't the best way to go either, but hey, who am I to judge?), let's focus now on this new question.

As for the question: I don't know.......I just know that it's not the 'love at first sight' thing that movies would have you believe. Oh, and the whole "Opposites attract" phrase? It never holds. My only impression on this is that it can only come from a friendship and even then, it's iffy if it has a basis in "I think she's really hot" kind of thing.

4. dmen

dmen Angel of Death

agreed. a topic for another thread.

as for that. my thoughts are the same. love at first sight is purely based on appearance. you cannot truely feel anything towards a person unless personal information is known. as for opposites attract, it applies to people as much as magnets. trust me i know. and an appearance based relationship is never iffy. unless your lucky it rarely ever prevales.

5. Chaossama

Oh, guess I should have made myself clearer. My full opinion on "Opposites attract" is that they left something out. The full phrase should be "Opposites attract, but never stay together". I won't doubt that people feel attracted to opposites, but usually it remains a question of lust and not actually love. Just my opinion though, of course.

6. dmen

dmen Angel of Death

hey opinions welcome. this thread is based on opinion after all. and i see what your saying.

7. im2ignorant2care

im2ignorant2care Hersh's French Fry Pirate

I'll have to slightly disagree, I think.

My experience: Opposites attract, while likenesses bond.

Opposite characteristics give relationships that "spark" of slight conflict. My love is a vegetarian, while I push the peas around on my plate. I can't draw a stick figure with even arms, she paints pictures that you'd swear are photographs.

Things like that bring new sides of the world to you that you've yet to explore on your own. However, it's the similarities that bring you the deep-seeded happiness. Being able to relax and just be yourself, not having to keep any guard up while around that special someone.. It's an amazing feeling.

That's my two cents on attraction and solidity of relationships.
    Keep the change.

8. Chaossama

Well, as I said, only my opinion.

Note: I could be wrong of course, but I believe what you said is essentially what I meant, (okay, maybe I'm just trying to justify myself now), but I believe the best relationships happen in friendship. Now, generally your friends are not EXACTLY the same as you but have some similar interests/personality that means you get along with them. So, as this is translated into a full-on relationship, those similarities serve to bond you together (as you said) while the differences keep the relationship from going into a monotone (which I believe would happen over time if two VERY similar people got together).

Just my two cents as well.

Ahhh.. My apologies if I misread your original statement. I was under the impression you were implying that differences break people apart, opposed to similarities being the only component to a successful relationship. I see what you meant, with this amendment.

-
    i2i2c

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
  9. pugs

pugs Guest

love is like a flower if you hold to tight it will break and if you care for it and it doesn't fall apart, it's yours to keep.

LET LOVE BLOSSOM:);):D:roftl::coolgleam::hihi::wolfie::p:bunny::love:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2009
  10. Deadly shot

Deadly shot The Offensive Type!

Love to me is awsome sometimes but sometimes just bitter. I easily fall into it but realize its just a mere crush. Atleast I know how to control it sometimes lol.

11. funnygames018

funnygames018 n00b

Its a Life for those who believe........

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2009
  12. kanjika

kanjika no... it's not japanese

love is human creation... so it does not really exists...

what i believe trully exists is friendship...

let me explain:

would you hurt the one you 'love'? you probably wouldn't.... would you hurt a friend? you probably wouldn't... would you hurt the first person walking down the street just outside your home? you probably wouldn't.... why you probably wouldn't? because somehow you care for them... so love is not just care for someone because you can also care for someone you even don't know.

do you like to have fun (anything that you really enjoy... be it sports, sex, intelectual activities or whatever) by yourself? you proabably do... do you like to have fun with your friends? you probably do... do you like to have fun with the one you 'love'? you proabably do.... but then enjoying someone's company is not necessarely love... because you can even have it by yourself

if you believe in love and agree with these statements then you believe that love in first sight or that you could happily love yourself for eternity is possible.... lol

so... why love? because people choose to. A guy comes with a few flowers, take the girl to dinner, do any other cliche sweety things you can think of, the girl thinks it's enough and believe they had fallen in love... anyone can do that.... but then nothing was really achieved... you can love whoever you want whenever you want (although it may not be returned)... as long as you say to yourself that you want it.

so... why friendship? because making friends is all about knowing each other... the better you know your friend, the stronger the bond.... and then, having the company of those people is even more enjoyable than being alone... (if you say that you think that being alone is the best you probably have never really felt loneliness...)

that's why i believe most couples won't succeed... because people choose love in place of friendship... because love means nothing.... because love is just something people want to feel.... (maybe for the sake of suffering after they realize it meant nothing.... but then, there is no need to name pain after love.... it is already known as pain... lol xD)

having a friend close enough to share your 'things' (your good and bad moments, your thoughts, your bed, your brush tooth... lol) is not only about physical pleasure... it's 'fun'... it's like playing soccer (or whatever team sport you like)... is it nice to play by yourself? is it better to play with anyone else? is it even better to play with your friends? (is it even even better to play with a full team of friends....? lol xD)

so, my answer for the pool is: i don't care... since there is not a 'i don't believe in it' option xP

well... enough with this and the jokes... i hope i've made myself understandable... as zeusy i also like philosophical discutions (although i would take any opportunity to argue too... xD)

13. Transparent_Shadow

Transparent_Shadow Accept yourself. You don't have to prove shit. Staff Member Administratior Moderator

Love is wonderful :D

14. Awesomex2

Awesomex2 Banned

I've been in this current relationship for five months now, and it's truly wonderful.
    Love is an amazing thing.

15. theblack7

theblack7 wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

i felt love it can bite sometimes but love is what make humans so amazing are ability totake something and give it a purpose. Emotions make humans special.

16. loluipe

loluipe let them eat cake! WHY???

:bolletje: i <3 my bf xxx

17. KawaiiNekoNinja

KawaiiNekoNinja ใ„ใกใ” ็‹

all too true

wow.. that's deep....

18. Jenna323

Jenna323 Sexyass

Love Is Your Whole Life Image

Love is the most important thing about life... At least it is MY whole life... ;)

19. SC-Glider

SC-Glider -

Love? There is no description. No definition, how do you describe an emotion? You don't. I guess if I had to attempt to define love, I'd say it was the connection between two people in which a broad spectrum of emotions fill each party when they do as little as see each other or hear the others voice. Love is the gateway to both happiness and sadness, togetherness and loneliness, desire and hate. It could be classified as an addiction, a need, a want, or it could be the last thing on someone's mind. So what is love? It's not for us to decide, it's more of what you make of it.

20. ALittleBlondie

ALittleBlondie Send me your nudes.

What is love? Baby don't hurt me, don't hu-..
    Oh, back on topic.

Well, love.
    Love is just something that usually temporarily blinds you and ties you to one person.
    Love can also be wonderful! You can be with one person and get loved back.

Either way, love is both good and bad.

Exactly what this guy said. It's just what you want. Maybe it's something you need? Who knows, everyone is different.

Me..
    I dunno, I want love and I like being loved!

>_> I'm weird.