Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

No More Spam Games

Discussion in 'Thread Games' started by Devin, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devin

Devin Administrator Staff Member Administratior

No more spamming games, like "post a random word" etc, make it a REAL thread please.

You all are getting massive amount of posts of spam, not hard work.

2. Lev

Lev Guest

If things stay out of hang a mass forum cleaning will have to be pushed forward, please keep your posts having some meaning other than primarily posted to raise your post count.

3. Stuv

Stuv u aware?

Couldn't we have a stickied thread where everyone could spam their hearts out?

4. Agentjake4

Agentjake4 Banned

spam threads are normally at the top anyway cause everyone posts all the time

5. Lev

Lev Guest

There is a key difference between Spam and a game which involves short posting.
    The difference is intent.

Games that have are designed to consist of platitudes have the intent of just having fun with it's meaningless.

Games with the intent for "Spamming" are popular because the goal is to rack up post count easily.

So, the posts have been archived, so unless they actually are "Spam" games people wont mind not getting post count for such nonsense. :)

6. kingjazzad12

kingjazzad12 Banned

yeah like heavan and hell we should hav a spam only section datd be sick as:thumb:

7. Spooks

Spooks I LIKE

We could have a spam section that when you spam it doesn't increase your post count, atleast then you can spam and be fair at the same time.

8. Guinness19

Guinness19 Th Lizard King

mmm very pointless though lol :confused:

9. Spooks

Spooks I LIKE

A Bit, but people want to spam =P LOTS of people do.

10. the only reason people want to spam is because of the post count

11. UzumakiNARuTO

UzumakiNARuTO What?

When you post spam, it should take you back to edit the post, saying something like "This post is spam. Please edit the post so it is not spam"

12. Yeh but could you think the confusion that could make wat if someone right something like wats new? how u been? and then it says this post is spam. It would take to much of Petr's time and money to actually make 1 that would actually work. It would be pretty pointless for him.

13. UzumakiNARuTO

UzumakiNARuTO What?

Well, then maybe if it is proper spam, and REAL spam, then the post count shouldn't go up for it?

14. Charismatic_Caterpie

Charismatic_Caterpie Professional Gamer

Spam spam SpAm SPAM SPAm spaM $lD@/\/\

5P4M!!1!

Siiyke. Spooks' idea sounds pretty good, but Mettal posed a good flaw with it.

I think once there are more moderators, so that there's at least one per forum, there should be penalties from spam early on, so the spammers will know that it's not something they should take lightly. Like, for first one or two spam posts, a verbal warning. Maybe 3 if the first two were accidental. Then for every spam post after that, a warning added to your actual warning count. So if someone doesn't get it from the verbal warning, they'll understand by real penalty. Then, if they just can't understand at all, temp. to perm. ban for whatever time period, according to degree of offense.

Sound good? Or too militarian? I guess it's all up to the moderators in the end how they run it. I think they do a good job, just there's a thing called real life that the little "Noobs" don't have, which allows for them to be on here constantly and spam, and that the moderators do have, which keeps 'em from keelin' dem.

Although, I guess I shouldn't be talkin', I'm on here a lot. But I'm sick currently, so good enough excuse.
    l

15. UzumakiNARuTO

UzumakiNARuTO What?

Yeah, because most forums will say "Moderators: ______" in the box for each board. And maybe if we did that, then the moderators wouldn't have to go to all the different forums, it would just be the certain moderators on each forum, making it easier to do the job.

And if there was a spam thread... Well, I know, that's a good idea, to let them spam on their own little board, where it doesn't add to post count. But, then again, the spammers would probably break the rules, and just go onto the normal forums, just forgetting about the spam bored.

16. Game Over

Game Over Michael Vick's Pet Care

I have seen way to many forums go down the drain because of stupid spammers.

That will not happen to us though, I can tell.
    :thumb:

17. Charismatic_Caterpie

OMGWTFBBQWAFFLEZLOLSPAM!1!!

Hah. I wonder how fast I'd be de-modded and banned if all my posts were like that, capitalized and pointless? XP

Yeah. Just as long as we don't have too many idyits wit ther badd grammer n ther spam, lawl.

Most of the kids on here are good, and the spam is getting gradually lesser.

18. Charismatic_Caterpie

Yeah, you kinda stole that idea from earlier in the thread. It's been said before, but the issue is still in debate.

19. GanjaMatt

GanjaMatt PURE Bong Tester Master.

Just cos there may be a spam thread, don't mean that people will use it, It's goes against the point of stopping people spamming... I'm just saying like but it's the truth aint it?

20. Charismatic_Caterpie

So. It's ironic how an announcement for anti-spam is made, and then people start spamming in it.

Gross. Locked, until it needs to be unlocked for a reason given by a moderator.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.