Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

OFFICIAL Funny Games Forums Contests Thread :)

Discussion in 'Comments and suggestions' started by Petr, Oct 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Petr

Petr Valued by Funny-Games

ok guys .. I will try to come with some contests .. These contests just come to my mind:

1) 3333 Post Prize - How to win: Simple get yourself to 3333 posts on the board and get a video game of your choice sent out to you! Yes it is just that easy.
    2) Longest Thread of the Week Prize - How to win: Here is where things get a little complex. But still a great prize. Couple rules here. The thread has to be the longest of the week not counting all of your personal posts, so no sandbagging!!! The time period is Sunday night at midnight. Any thread from the previous week started after Sunday at midnight to the next Sunday at midnight that is the longest wins.
    3) Refer People to Funny Games Forums Prize - How to win: Put a link up to Funny Games Forums on your myspace, facebook page, on your blog or website etc. and refer 50 people to this forums and and BAM you get the prize.
    You can get your referral linking code here:
    http://forums.funny-games.biz/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_referrals_explain

What do you guys think? .. Please elaborate! Which prizes would you like to win? Suggest other contests etc.

2. kingjazzad12

kingjazzad12 Banned

Kewl i reckon maybe a best joke prize and da most joke in 1 thread prize
    also how come next to ur name is administrator in small writin and mine says N00b its insultin???? hope i helped!!!!!!!!!!

3. Devin

Devin Administrator Staff Member Administratior

*Looks up rare game thats 1000$*

You did say a video game of your choice xD

4. because you are a noob, when you get more posts it will change to funny guy and then clown

5. Devin

Devin Administrator Staff Member Administratior

6. Agentjake4

Agentjake4 Banned

I agree with those but one thing... We have to give you addresses. even though I worship you I cant do that. also, perople spam a lot to get their count up

7. Lev

Lev Guest

The 3333 post prize is a flash game of your choice put on the main site, or is it real game software mailed? Or sent by STEAM?

8. Agentjake4

Agentjake4 Banned

Steam? whats this? Im sorry, but I cant give my adress, even if I could win a new Nintendo wii game..

9. bbbgscott

bbbgscott Master of the Universe

who exactly is sponsoring these contests? and for the second one, who really wins the prize?

Agentjake4 likes this.
  10. Lev

Lev Guest

Well assuming Petr is the owner of Funny-Games.biz he's being paid by the advertisement companies on his site, which means the prize comes out of the profit.
    If we have 400 people on the forums per day that means at the very least that's how much is circulating through the site, though I don't really know how many people are in the main site and how many are in the "adult" section, so I can't judge how much traffic is going through each. If more are going through the adult section I would assume that Petr is making a fairly good commission off of it considering the work put into the site, if it's mostly on the main I'd say fairly poor because the main site specializes in "funny and interesting flash games" which don't really generate much econ hype as far as AdSense is concerned lol.

11. zeukj908

zeukj908 wHaLeS

great i'll get started!!!!!

did anyone even get to 3333 posts yet????

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2007
  12. kingjazzad12

kingjazzad12 Banned

wot bout most loved/liked competition we just have a vote and whoever wins gets a prize

or most popular?? same and most loved/liked but popularity not loved/liked.

13. cool dude95

cool dude95 n00b

YEH IT SOUNDS COOL, I REKON THERE SHOULD BE THE LONGEST THREAD BUT EVERYONE HAS TO DO THE RULES AND STAYS ON THE SAME TOPIC FOR ONE WEEK.
    THE RULES ARE THE USUAL.
    WAT DO U THINK.:thumb:

14. okopipurtdfr

okopipurtdfr In a land far,far away...

I think the should be a most helpfull person competition, like if someone help's you just refer them to petr or sumthin then whoever has the most referals at the end of the week(or month or anything) wins.

15. thats a very good idea we should do the most helpfull person competition wat about..........let me think for a sec........wat about the nicest avatar pic. contest we get a week to get ready then after a week petr adds a thing under ur avatar picc that says like it and hate it and the person with the higuest like it wins (also u can't vote on urself and u can't vote on other people more than 1s... should have an ip block after u vote on a person so they don't make another account and vote again)

16. cool dude95

cool dude95 n00b

YEH I LIK THAT.
    UMM I KNOW WAT ABOUT THE MOST HELPFUL PERSON AND MOST ON HERE FOR A WEEK COMP.
    WAT DO U THINK.:thumb:

17. lizzardis

lizzardis Lizzardis In Da House!

yeh there good ideas but we should do a helpful competition so the most helpful person gets a prize of $1000 :wank:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2007
  18. UzumakiNARuTO

UzumakiNARuTO What?

Here are some more ideas.

Uber poster of the year,
    Badass rapper of the year,
    Best thread poster of the year,
    Spammer of the year,
    N00B of the year,
    Most popular person,
    Best mod,
    Overall greatest forum member.
    Sexiest person of the year
    Horniest person of the year

Hope I helped. :)

19. Petr

Petr Valued by Funny-Games

ok guys, thanks for your input .. lets get things moving here , so we can begin with some competitions starting January 2008 :)

I would skip that 3333 post competition - most people would spam the board to get the prize

I pretty much like the longest thread idea:
    Longest Thread of the Month
    - How to win: Here is where things get a little complex. But still a great prize. Couple rules here. The thread has to be the longest of the month not counting all of your personal posts, so no sandbagging!!! Any thread started during given month that is the longest at the end of the month wins. (there will be some additional rules)
    The price if next-gen console of your choice - xbox 360 or PS3 or Wii

than we can have vote:
    most helpful person of the month
    most popular person

both will be nominated by users .. and the 3 who gets the most nominations will go to grand finale. We will make a poll so that users will choose the winners in both categories. Winner will get video game of his choice ($60 limit).

That is my plan, so there will be 3 lucky winners each month :)
    What do you guys think?

20. Guinness19

Guinness19 Th Lizard King

That is a great idea, but your willing to pay out $1000 a month. :rolleyes1:
    Are we doing any now, before 2008?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.