Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

old game consoles

Discussion in 'Other Gaming Consoles' started by andrew12, May 11, 2008.

which is your best old console?

1. sega megadrive

16.4%
  2. game boy advance

6.6%
  3. playstation1

37.7%
  4. sega dreamcast

9.8%
  5. game boy colour

4.9%
  6. game cube

14.8%
  7. Atari

9.8%
  1. Brendan360

Brendan360 Total jakie

The Nintendo 64 was the best old console,but i could'nt vote for it because it was'nt there so i voted for the Gamecube.

2. Dr. Nick

Dr. Nick Dr. Doc

Jeez, you don't have either of my favorite consoles NES and N64.

No by NES he means Nintendo Entertainment System
    I don't know how you get n64 out of nes.

3. lgeg

lgeg n00b

Dr. Nick knows his stuff.
    Super Nintendo had all the greatest stuff man!
    Zelda: A Link to the Past (best one in my opinion, but thats for another thread)
    Contra3
    Donkey Kong Country 1,2, and 3.
    Ahhh
    the classics.

4. Blaze

Blaze Guest

Ah I remember my SNES console... I believe I was 10 at the time.
    The Megaman games that didn't turn out lousy.
    Super Mario RPG
    Super Mario World/All Stars
    Super Metroid.
    The Legend of Mystical Ninja (My little sister liked to play co-op on this one.)
    The aforementioned Legend of Zelda: LttP (I never could find that last heart piece.)
    Donkey Kong Country, (Owned the 1st one, but only rented the second and third.)
    Contra The Alien Wars.
    Magic Sword
    Brandish (I really liked this one, it's a shame the second one only came out in Japan.)
    Bust a Move
    Dragon Quest 5
    Starfox (Another Dimension was discovered by accident...)
    King of Dragons
    Tales of Phantasia
    Castlevania Dracula X (Makes today's Castlevania games look easy.)

Those games were some of my favorites, but eventually I grew out of them. My SNES lies in a lockbox for safekeeping, so now I play them on my ZSNES rom system.

What made the SNES special to me, was that since most multiplayer games were difficult, you'd have to work in tune with your partner. To tell you the truth, this was what brought me and my other half together. Relationship via video game, strange isn't it?

Edit: And how could I have forgotten Kirby's Avalanche and Puyo Puyo?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2008
    1 person likes this.
  5. Charismatic_Caterpie

Charismatic_Caterpie Professional Gamer

PS1 had some pretty good games. I used to have a NES and some other old thing... Can't remember. There are a lot of rare and practically/absolutely unobtainable games these days, like MGS and the JoJo's Bizarre Adventure fighting games (which you can only play on a discontinued piece of emulator hardware, if you're American and not... Japanese?) and a few others (some game made by Nippon-Ichi and Chrono Cross)

I'm sure there are plenty of old games available online, but that is just too much of a pain.

Hmm. I downloaded that to the laptop sometime ago, and forgot about it. I need to find some places to download roms for it, because the site basically left you up to finding them yourself and I'm not the kind of person who's savvy with file-hunting on the internets... although I could probably find a whole bunch simply by using a search engine diligently, looking them up on a file-sharing site, or possibly a request on /v/. I never go on there, though... I think I'll start up a search once my laptop is returned, as I dearly want to play Kirby Super Star again after all these years.

6. Fire-Fly

Fire-Fly Valued by Funny-Games

How can you call this a list of the best old consoles without the three best? Wheres the Sega Saturn, The NES, N64? :sad: Fail But ye out of that list the megadrive would be my favorite

7. Liquid Legend

Liquid Legend Schwing!

I voted for the Atari because my first ever games console was an Atari 2600 "Jr." That machine launched me into the world of video games. I still have it I think but it's probably somewhere in my Grandma's house.

My dad used to collect a lot of old video game consoles, from what I remember they were mostly Ataris' but he bought a Commodore 64 a while ago and I think he has lot's of others.

8. Angel of Game

Angel of Game You want ban?

Well, for me is playstation 1 because it's my first console engine.

Ahh...Bring back all those old memories...

9. Murilliom

Murilliom n00b

Have no idea why the Gamecube is on the list while the Nintendo 64 and Super Nintendo arn't. Then again, who am I to complain when this tread is getting like 90 replies.

10. Dark-Angel

Dark-Angel Guest

ps1 cos its the original console which led to the creation of the ps2 and then the almighty ps3

11. Darrkness

Darrkness S-Ranked Strider

PS1 but i did have lots of fun games on Sega Genesis (US megadrive) and SNES.
    had an Atari 2600, ColecoVision, and Intelivision when i was little too.

12. DarkStar

DarkStar Banned

Ps1,but I would have gone for the N64.

13. dadou_gamer

dadou_gamer doud

I've been playing my Sega Genesis since I was 10 and I still have it at home!

14. NoE

NoE Pride ♥

Hmm I voted for gameboy colour, i would of voted for black and white gameboy pocket but it wasnt there, I remember my first game on it, SuperMarioLand. Good times, they usually sat in the pocket of the chair in the car, and we would always play them on car trips using cheap ass 2nd hand games. I remember there was this one game called The Boy and The Blob, I never got the gist of it, the boy and his blob always got stuck and i couldnt make it do anything, twas impossible. I still have my two gameboy colours and my gameboy pocket, still working fine! (Y) :D

15. Rubylula

Rubylula Like a mother bitch.

ATARI FOR THE MOTHER LICKING WIN!
    I love those little boxes of shite xD

16. gwarhammer

gwarhammer Cpt on the Ship of Fools

If possible, I'd like to vote for the Sinclair ZX Spectrum. Failing that, Sega Genesis. Had both, but the Spectrum broke. So I just replaced it with an emulator, and I fully intend never to get rid of it.

17. HappyFruit!

HappyFruit! Fricking love fruit!

em btw u put GC and GBA but not N64

18. dadou_gamer

dadou_gamer doud

My best old console was my first one!! Atari 2600!! :thumb:

19. L*_x

L*_x Banned

Ooh Emm Gee! I practically grew up on the Sega Mega Drive, xD Wow for awesome memories, it was my first console when I was about 6 or 7ish, used to love it, I'm staying loyal and voting Sega xD Wewwt

20. Tehman

Tehman [Heart o' Gold]

SNES...By far. Blaze mentioned most of my favorite games, but eh, by far one of the best systems out there. I have 2. The original and the newer version. Good stuff!