Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Ranks for ... Read on

Discussion in 'Comments and suggestions' started by Ravengerpro, May 18, 2008.

1. Ravengerpro

Ravengerpro Halo 3 Pro

How about not just getting ranks for like posting loadz of messages but also for playing games and earning medals on the games :D ??

2. remka_99

remka_99 league rules

yeah i agree i think just posting to get points is a bit gay :confused::321:

You're a bit gay... Oh, yeah. Don't say "gay". Warningz Lol!!!

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2008
  3. remka_99

remka_99 league rules

no worries im with you

4. Blaze

Blaze Guest

There already is a site like that, Kongregate, I suggest you go there if you want ranks for playing games.

Ranks in this forum isn't very important, and those who post for the sole reason to attain ranks are usually quickly banned or smacked post-less.

5. loladin

loladin Whaddawhore

Oh, I wish that was true....

6. Wacko123

Wacko123 Ave Alook at My bebo Prof

No i disagree i think they should be just 4 posting and mabey doing something good 4 the forum community.

7. Kyoujin

Kyoujin Growls engraved over time

Well i dont agree cause whats the point, Getting ranks for games is just like getting money for licking a lollipop. It makes no sense!
    In the forums, your able to help ppl with their problems or solve resolutions for them. Thats the reason why I think they shouldn't make ranks for games.

8. im2ignorant2care

im2ignorant2care Hersh's French Fry Pirate

Spoken like a true post whor-.. Uh.. "Enthusiastic poster"..

Although I don't think it very possible to incorporate, I'd say have a few different rankings. One for games, one for posts, one for rep.

But I'm completely fine with post rankings. Or no rankings. I make my own mental rankings of people anyway. I need not a number to be tagged alongside.

9. NinjaMonkey

NinjaMonkey Master Exploder

Awful idea. Do you guys have any idea how retarded having fifty bazillion idiots from around the world getting into pissing contests over their insanely high gaming ranks would be? I mean Jesus, we already have such pissing contests over post counts, and adding MORE ranks would just serve to promote noobism more than it already is.

10. Hyakushiki

Hyakushiki Ouroboros

I agree with this wholeheartedly. It's not about post counts, but about what you're posting about. After all, anyone can just post whatever they want wherever they want, anytime, just barely pushing the limits. Or pull a REL0AD, w/e's easier.

Quality over quantity, my dear fellow forum members.

As for getting ranks and medals for playing the games, there's already a "High Scores" feature for a bunch of games. Isn't that enough? Forums section and the Games section are two different sections. There'd be no point in trying to incorporate one to the other. Of course, I'm only speaking for myself. :p

11. Charismatic_Caterpie

Charismatic_Caterpie Professional Gamer

I made a long, run-on post and quoted some peepz, but then I decided I'd rather just reiterate every opinion expressed. Thoughtful, eh?

Most high-ranked posters don't really "qualify" or deserve their supposed rank. We have many spammers and idiots. Everyone uses R3LOAD as a punching bag/excuse mule. I'll admit it was fun and is OK every once in a while, but despite his massive spam, I don't think a whole term should be coined for one person (LOL KINGJZAAD 12 ALSO!!!)
    So, despite his blunders, there's a good few others. And I guess since I'm supposed to remain neutral or something, I won't say names. But the better sensed fellows and gals will know who's who by instinct or logic. Whichever clicks first.

So, yeah. Go to some site that awards real prizes for gaming achievements if you want acknowledgment. Until then, we'll just have those meaningless, colorful emblems under our avatars. Stupid, eh?

12. wazza

wazza Funny Dude

it sounds a good idea but u would just get these " game addicts" who wouldn't post in many threads so they would get their rank up for being a game it''s unfair on everyone else

13. loladin

loladin Whaddawhore

Indeed, if the post-count and rankings was removed though I would let out a sigh of relief. I mean c'mon, everyone whom has 700-1,300 posts and more is 8-14 years old. Those who are older actually have some value to the forum. Long time members are understandable, CC for example.

L
    Lo
    Lol
    LolW
    LolWu
    LolWut
    LolWut?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2008
  14. flashlfc

flashlfc n00b

Yeah it would be quite good but christmatic keeps goin round editing ppl's posts why?

i duno lol

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2008
  15. ssjreggie

ssjreggie Monkey King

your right it would be to easy there would be no reason to come to the forum

16. slaughter3

slaughter3 Gross thats foreskin.

i agree with all the bologna slices that say no on the gaming rankings because then it wouldn't be fair to all the non-hardcore gamers that really do have value to their posts. and having gamin rankings would make all the nerds think they are coll cuz they have a big ranking and might go around calling themselves leutenant or something

17. Angel of Game

Angel of Game You want ban?

well, i think we should not use rank system though.
    it's meaningless, forum is just for share something useful not to show you already have post a meaningless post.
    Just see the moderators, their post are really useful so they deserve their rank. Not like that ******* spammers that have their rank by spamming.
    Then you want a game rank? i think we don't need it. We are funny gamers not top-ranked gamers.