Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Resurrecting Dead Threads o.O

Discussion in 'Thread Games' started by Hannah Of Hyrule, Dec 22, 2011.

1. Hannah Of Hyrule

Hannah Of Hyrule Out saving Hyrule!

Forum Games are fun, right? Everyone can agree on that ^^ But something to keep in mind is that some Forum Games... are dead o_O And we'd better let the dead stay dead, right? A game that hasn't been touched in six months doesn't need someone throwing in a four or five word post for that precious +1 Post Count, so if you really think that you need to post in something, please just check the date of the last post?

Good natured posts are turning to spam, egad o_O So let's try to back off with the bringing up old threads from the dead, yes? ^^

2. Ftlulz

Ftlulz Finally given up..

Though dont you think that a fair few of them can be revived, with certain ones that only require the next poster to participate. Though i agree to not try and revive all of them

3. Hannah Of Hyrule

If there's a good thread that's just died out due to inactivity, then I'm all for trying to revitalize a good thing. But when there's a game that had its own players, its own rules, and its own user-specific goal, randomly posting in it for no reason other than wanting to tack on an additional post to your count, that's just silly ^^

4. Rawr Girl

Rawr Girl Banned

I think it should be aloud , not exactly an elimination one. :L

I think we should revive FGF and play the games they used to so more people would wanna make threads like the games.

Transparent_Shadow likes this.
  5. Hannah Of Hyrule

Unfortunately, it's not allowed. It's not my decision to make, as it's in the FG Terms and Service, I'm just reminding everyone that anyone can be warned for incessant revival of dead threads.

6. Ftlulz

Ftlulz Finally given up..

Not all can be revived, certain ones require those who were the original players, such as that one you posted in about taking down the wall, that couldnt really be revived.

7. Rawr Girl

Rawr Girl Banned

Ughhh that is so pathetic. -.-"

No wonder FGF is dying.

8. Hannah Of Hyrule

Um, how is that pathetic? ._.; The rule is in place to try and stop members from sending a tidal wave of spam into old, dead topics. Look at this thread, for example:

http://forums.funny-games.biz/brick-wall-t26874.html?t=26874

It was the start of a thread game among old members with its own set rules and form, and it died for whatever reason. Then you posted in it again, five months after it had for all intents and purposes "ended," and where did you expect it to go? Anyone invested in it had given up on it, so you're really only creating spam traffic for the site. Better off making your own forum game, right? ^^

9. Angel of Game

Angel of Game You want ban?

...you do realize posting in Thread Games section (Except Roleplaying sub-section) doesn't count towards post counts, right? Not your fault, though. The post regarding the Thread Games section is already gone waaaaaaay back there that even I can't retrieve it.

Rules aren't so strict to Thread Games and Spam section because of this reason. Feel free to resurrect some good old threads here. Still, there are some games that should be left dead. Also, make sure to read the rules set in each thread games. It annoys me when I still see some people didn't play it properly. :/

10. Hannah Of Hyrule

Yes, I do realize that ._. I don't think anyone's terribly concerned with post count, that's kind of a weird reason to post X3

I simply posted this because members were resurrecting thread games from eons ago and then complaining when the OP did not continue posting, due to said OP having gone inactive many moons ago.

11. Grey Dreams

Grey Dreams Colorblind

I guess I'm Necro'ing in this thread (funny, huh?), but I find it hilarious that you guys enforce Necroing rules, while allowing people to sexually harass others, and allowing people to put pictures of their penises up.

12. Hannah Of Hyrule

Pictures of full-on genitalia are taken down, albeit perhaps not as quickly as you'd like, apparently. Sexual harassment is also dealt with accordingly, but you have to understand that not many of us can spend all day lurking in the forums/user community to look for it. When it's reported, it's dealt with. You reported that there was a large section of users discussing Adult Games in the Gaming Forum and as soon as I saw that post, I deleted any post that wasn't in accordance with the rules.

There are a lot of people on this site and I don't think anyone has the time to comb through the userbase to find who has a picture of a penis as their profile picture. Just keep reporting them and we'll keep taking them down.

13. ambes01

ambes01 n00b

No Comments.........

14. Sicu

Sicu Here on Random Times

And yet both of you are doing that... .

15. Fun... It's fun to resurrect dead forums... so very fun..

16. krystalgirl69

krystalgirl69 kik: Flashfire_

Let them die... i wouldnt want to be brought back after finally being able to rest @.@

17. I don't like being annoy when I'm Drinking... But it's been happening recently and It's probably going to keep happening.... Just like with the dead forums X.x

Random Shit Galore!!

18. The Sims

The Sims I aint a game >.

Either way, who gives a flying fuck about who comments in what thread?

Wether they be 1 day old to 1 year old, they were put there for people to comment so stop fucking arguing about it.

If it is a sin to comment, close the fucking thread

19. Sicu

Sicu Here on Random Times

Hmm I am constantly not able to rest properly...you get used to it after a time :rcain:.

20. a few of mine nobody pays attention too

AngelOfLight likes this.