Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Reviving or nah?

Discussion in 'SPAM' started by Transparent_Shadow, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Transparent_Shadow

Transparent_Shadow My life is a party tour

Is this place coming back to life or is it just really going to be so dead? Just really wanted hear your thoughts :eek:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
  2. Big_Cat

Big_Cat Friendly Sabertooth

It's very hard telling. I think it will in time. I have been here for some time, and seen it go up and down a few times. As long as the new owner sticks around, it should come back.

3. walksthenight

walksthenight n00b

I'm seeing a lot of new accounts, but none of them talk much with like one exception.

4. Spike

Spike FG's Ultimate Dom Staff Member

We've been getting more people. It's happening slowly, but it's definitely happening. When we first came back I could usually count the number of people on my fingers. Now we're easily getting several people on at once. Repopulating the forums isn't going to be something that happens overnight. It will happen, but the site's only been back up for a few months.

Big_Cat likes this.
  5. Big_Cat

Very true. Hopefully this time the spam can be kept under control. The spam bots killed the forums the last time it was active here.

6. Spike

Spike FG's Ultimate Dom Staff Member

I kill 'em when I see 'em. Doing so is very cathartic, so report any spam messages you find.

Big_Cat likes this.
  7. Big_Cat

Always have, and always will bud. I am far to o dependent on this site not to. Glad to have you as a MOD bro.

8. Martijn

Martijn Administrator Staff Member Administratior

Like Sebastian said, it will take time.
    We're working mostly on the main website, a major design change is coming up to make it suitable for mobile and tablets too.
    The site has received a lot of search engine penalties over the years, which resulted in a huge traffic drop. We're fixing errors and modernizing the site and can already see traffic stabilizing.
    When the main website is healthy again the forums should follow along.

Transparent_Shadow likes this.
  9. Big_Cat

I will report them to you when I see them bud.

10. Devin

Devin Administrator Staff Member Administratior

Thanks, our new forum software seems to take care of some spam registrations and a few posts, and our two Moderators per the logs seem to be filling the gaps inbetween. Ideally, though, we'd like to focus Moderators on regulating rule breakers instead of spam bots...so we may work on our SPAM filters :)

Transparent_Shadow and Big_Cat like this.
  11. Petr

Petr Valued by Funny-Games

Martijn, wish you luck with reviving the site :) It was sad seeing it going down.

12. Martijn

Martijn Administrator Staff Member Administratior

Tanks Petr! Great to hear something from you. Don't be shocked when the site looks totally different soon.. we're giving it a modern makeover

Petr likes this.
  13. titan295

titan295 make the world your own!

I hope so im going to trt and come back more than i have. If my work allows me

14. Sicu

Sicu Here on Random Times

Honestly, folks, the site was down for a really long time and before that, it was overrun by spambots. A lot of people left without the intention of returning.

To put a better comparison so people would understand where this site is sitting at atm, Vanilla WoW and WoW from now. Same thing with this site.