Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Stopping the spam

Discussion in 'Comments and suggestions' started by krystalgirl69, Jan 30, 2013.

1. krystalgirl69

krystalgirl69 kik: Flashfire_

I hate spammers. I really do, nothing is more annoying than browsing the forums and looking for something to actually add to when you see something new. And then realize it was a spam bot commenting onto a dead thread.

Yes mods are here and clean it up, but why no imply a Captcha style authenication system for users under 50 posts? I know anyone who is serious about the forums wouldnt mind some type of ae urity implementation to stop annoyances such as these. Its a simple ssecurity measure that can stop most bots. However if they are people it will still get throughbut it could at least midigate a majority of the problem.

Just food for though. Love to hear some other suggestions.if anyone else has any.

2. Wow.... The perfect Idea coming from one of the most awesome people here... Amazing idea, but It'd make some new users(Yeah right, I know XD) Mad, maybe drop the requirement down to 30? maybe 20?

Because most of the spammers I see have like 2-5 posts before they're caught and stuff like that...

3. krystalgirl69

Yeah lowering the requirment might be a good idea. But even if it is a bot it would be stopped before one. So possibly even to 10 post like the banner that they used to have above new user profiles.

4. Oh.. When I said that, I was referring to the bots that might've already posted to a certain number...

But yeah, that could work...

Now our next task is to revive a dead admin and suggest this to him ^^''

5. krystalgirl69

Yeahh a dead admin .-. If only they were as easy to revive as a dead thread we might be cooking with crisco right now

6. If only it was..just if only it was...
    But for now, were stuck with Blackhawk XD

7. krystalgirl69

I dont know for sure but i dont think moderators have Write acces for the website .. i could be wrong but thats definately something that only maybe the owner or 1 to 2 trusted moderators might have

Spitfire the pony likes this.
  8. I believe I remember Blackhawk saying that Only Admin have that sort of power in the site.. I could be wrong or whatever...

If I was admin, I'd make Blackhawk An equal Position quickly, considering all the shit he does for the well being of this site. being the only active Mod and Destroying all the spammers .-.
    ---------------------------------
    No brown-nosing intended XD

9. krystalgirl69

reguardless there would be alot of work in that desicion mod or not. Giving someone write access can be dangerous to a website without proper security the more profiles that have write access leave the site potentialy more vulnerable.

10. Sicu

Sicu Here on Random Times

Well I already proposed a captcha system last year but since no admin is active that can not be done because only someone that has full access to the site can do that and a mod has about 1% compared to an administrator. ANd since the site owners are changing or not I guess that we are sort of stuck on a nearly dead community page.

11. Cosmic Star

Cosmic Star Kik: _Anjanath

Putting some type of limit would be cool, would be a lot more helpful at this point. It just bugs me that we have to post so much and have so much Rep to do the things that we want to do for this site.

.__. I don't understand it at all.

12. lead118

lead118 Guest

There are admins here? What about the site's owner? I've always considered FG to be a bit fossilized.

13. Excellent site, keep up the good work

What a marvelous post! I am just a beginner in community management/marketing media and trying to learn how to do it well - resources like this web site are extremely helpful. As our company is based in the U.S., it's all a little new to us. The example above is something that I worry about as well, how to show your own genuine enthusiasm and share the fact that your product is useful in that case.

14. lead118

lead118 Guest

Spam on the "Stop the Spam" thread. Oh the humanity...

15. Peach

Peach Back? Maybe?

I think it'd be a good idea to make it so you have to verify your email before posting. xD

16. Sicu

Sicu Here on Random Times

Ideas are many, but admins are none available which could actually implement some kind of defense to the site against spam bots. So do as I do, ignore^^.

17. Happybear123

Happybear123 FurryLoverWill's slave

I so agree! And you ave examples a-z before me. This spam posting is uber annoying!