Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Terminator conundrum

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Ollivander, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Ollivander

Ollivander Good dom daddy

I was thinking about time travel in pop culture last night and an interesting idea came to me. There are 2 types of time travel the way I see it 1 time travel that is dependent on going back to be able to go back in the future and 2 time travel that isn't dependent on going back to allow u to go back in the future. Of the first type I have 2 examples and of the second I have two examples which I'll list, but the conundrum I mentioned I will put at the end. The first type examples I have are Terminator and the Artemis Fowl books. The second type examples are the Back to the Future movies and Harry Potter 3. I'll be happy to discuss with u if u think I am wrong about this but the conundrum first. John Conner sent the man that is his father back in time to impregnate his mom, who sent him back to do that the first time?

2. sluttybi

sluttybi Back for a bit

This is the kind of thinking that always messes with my head when I try to solve it. If I remember correctly in HP3 Harry comes back from the future and uses the patronus, originally thinking it was his dad (I could be wrong on that exact detail but it was someone like that). I've spent so much time trying to figure out who the original person was and how it was possible and the only way I can justify it in my head and stop the headaches is basically just accept that it is an infinite loop and thats basically it.

3. sluttybi

sluttybi Back for a bit

Actually thinking about it I'm pretty sure its the 'grandfather paradox'. I don't really think there's an answer as to who is the first.

4. Ollivander

Ollivander Good dom daddy

Ur right about the patronus and I can kinda see how that would be needed to be able to go back in time but I am talking about something like u bring knowledge back to urself that allows u to go back in time. That was my reasoning for putting harry there instead of with terminator, and truthfully I posted this BC there isn't an answer and want others to suffer trying to find one. But thanks for replying.

5. sluttybi

sluttybi Back for a bit

haha well I suffer everytime I try to figure it out. And no need to thank me, I enjoy thinking about these kinds of things =]