Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

The Active Members

Discussion in 'Comments and suggestions' started by Angel of Game, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Angel of Game

Angel of Game You want ban?

U know what?
    The members of this forum is increase.
    That is good news:):biggrin:

but....:confused:
    The bad news is.....the active members is very rare.:sad:
    It's only 39 from 602 members is active.

My advice....make some event or anything to make members becomes active.;)

so.....READ IT PETR!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2007
  2. I agree with you we should do that and maybe give prizes like a kool sig, kool pic, or things like that

3. i agree, i have only been registered for 15mins but it is amazingly easy to put down threads and reply's, i think having rewards would be great.

[​IMG]

4. Petr

Petr Valued by Funny-Games

ok guys .. I will try to come with some contests .. These contests just come to my mind:

1) 3333 Post Prize - How to win: Simple get yourself to 3333 posts on the board and get a video game of your choice sent out to you! Yes it is just that easy.
    2) Longest Thread of the Week Prize - How to win: Here is where things get a little complex. But still a great prize. Couple rules here. The thread has to be the longest of the week not counting all of your personal posts, so no sandbagging!!! The time period is Sunday night at midnight. Any thread from the previous week started after Sunday at midnight to the next Sunday at midnight that is the longest wins.
    3) Refer People to Funny Games Forums Prize - How to win: Put a link up to Funny Games Forums on your myspace, facebook page, on your blog or website etc. and refer 50 people to this forums and and BAM you get the prize.
    You can get your referral linking code here:
    http://forums.funny-games.biz/faq.php?faq=vb_board_usage#faq_vb_referrals_explain

What do you guys think? .. Please elaborate! Which prizes would you like to win? Suggest other contests etc.

5. Lev

Lev Guest

You people miss the point of this entirely. People are not on forums to get prizes for the ammount of posts they have, or prizes in general, it's nice to have but things like spamming prizes won't really draw the kind of attention you are looking for. Try and make an effort to set up a community which gives back as much as it recieves, make it worthwhile to read and interesting to give feedback and most importantly get members that will contribute posts that help the forums in general, you don't have to spend every waking moment on the forums contributing worthwhile topics if you simply put some out there, and filter it enough to catch onto those members willing to do the work for you, and let that seed and grow. Listen to what users want, have valid opinions coming in, and it should work itself.

6. Petr

Petr Valued by Funny-Games

you are right .. that's exactly what I want to build here ..
    but how to get people involved?? .. There are like 5 members and 200+ guests browsing these forums all the time .. How to make those 200+ guest sign up and contribute?

well, I populated the forums just yesterday and people probably do not jump right in .. they will browse forums for a while and if they find it useful, they will sign up and start posting ..

I think, giving prizes away could speed this process up, on the other hand I'm also afraid that there will be lots of useful threads and posts .. that's why I'm discussing this before taking action

7. RascleRhys.com

RascleRhys.com Rascle

Yeh
    Good forums and gd ideas
    But on the homepage for guests you want to say something
    like in big banner words join now
    and why you should et
    but they can also have a look round
    Thanks

8. yeh ur right

9. Rawr Girl

Rawr Girl Banned

I would say it was a good thing cause at least there won't be trolls on here.

10. Migz

Migz Guest

most of the active members are doing things like private messaging and such...
    you can see that if you look at the active member lists :p

but then again...
    from what I can see this forum was made for gaming and such but...
    it ended up being more of a forum for RP's rather then the games 0.o
    I'm not complaining myself but this is just my own observation ^^

11. Rawr Girl

Rawr Girl Banned

» The Active Members » Rep

Now there's over 1,000 active users. o,e