Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

The Hobbit

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Spitfire the pony, Feb 9, 2013.

1. The Movie was just absolutely Amazing... Even if it did leave out a few parts from the book XC

Cosmic Star likes this.
  2. krystalgirl69

krystalgirl69 kik: Flashfire_

Now you know the Hobbit: an unexpected journey is only part 1 of 3 right .-.

its like they thought to do the whole star wars type thing and release the middle three first and then the first three

Cosmic Star likes this.
  3. I knew -.-

Just My favorite part in the book was when they traveled through the pitch black forest, so dark that they couldn't even see their own hands...

I think that happened a little ways after Bilbo left for his "adventure" too.. so.. >~<

4. soulbusterx1

soulbusterx1 The Wolf Dragon King

Apparently before seeing this movie me and my family watched the other Lord of the Rings movie before this......even though I explained to them this movie was a prequel to the Lord of the Rings. But it was good all the same, where it ended I would find it hard to believe this movie was going to be stretch out to 3 movies.

5. lead118

lead118 Guest

I didn't like it. The book had an emphasis on discovery and adventure as opposed to lots of fighting. The movie shoehorned in too many action sequences along with characters/plot points that had no part in the book.

The pacing was terrible, and some scenes really took me out of the experience, just screaming "We're killing time so we can stretch this thing out into two sequels!"

My largest problem however was the fact that it was made as a prequel to Lord of the Rings when the book was conceived as a self-contained story, Tolkien having not originally intended on expanding the story into LotR. For instance the One Ring that Bilbo steals from Gollum was originally just a magic ring. Only later did Tolkien decide to turn it into the legendary McGuffin to Rule Them All. This movie went about the story the worst way possible— telling audiences that Bilbo's adventure was nothing more than a setpiece to set the stage for Frodo.

For all its eye candy and unnecessary but still visceral action it lacked heart and soul— two things the book carries with it in spades.