Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Who ruled England when the first successful colony was founded and named?

Discussion in 'Homework Help' started by silver dragon, Sep 30, 2009.

1. silver dragon

silver dragon n00b

get back to me ASAP. thanks. :coolgleam:

2. CokeHead89

CokeHead89 another day in paradise

King James I -Jamestown was founded in his honor

3. Blowpop

Blowpop Well oiled broken machine

King George the third

4. IronClad1o9

IronClad1o9 Long Live Rock!

Ain't it King James ( 1st or second i can't remember) they did name the damn colony after him... and Jamestown was the first ENGLISH colony...

5. Saintnight

Saintnight Banned

King James I​

6. DarkStar

DarkStar Banned

No sh*t Sherlock

Besides Americans are technically brittish. They aren't really A nationality .

7. Blowpop

Blowpop Well oiled broken machine

Nationality can be decided by a mixture of who your parents are and where you are body, so Americans are technically English/ Irish/Scottish but of the American Nationality.

Like if you parents are both polish but you are born in England you are a English citizen

8. gwarhammer

gwarhammer Cpt on the Ship of Fools

Yes they are, it's just applied to the wrong people. And they aren't just British; they were a wide variety of nations colonising the New World, albeit in different parts, but they were still a number of different nations in what is now the United States.

But back to the point, there appears to be some corroboration that the first English colony in the New World was actually Roanoke Island in 1585 - see here and here for a couple of places that say that. And the dates put the reigning British monarch as Elizabeth I.

If you meant the first English colony ever, not just in the New World, then let me know and I'll see if I can dig up any more information on it.

9. DarkStar

DarkStar Banned

I am just still laughing about the fact of the boycott. I do relise what you say though gwar

10. PaizleeRox

PaizleeRox actual edgelord

Yes it was King James. If theres a Pocahontas question too, i can answer most of it.