Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Why is it that people will not finish an intelligent discussion?

Discussion in 'Intelligent Discussion' started by Conecmbo, Feb 22, 2011.

1. Conecmbo

Conecmbo n00b

or fail to keep it intelligent? I am conservative, and every discussion I have with a liberal begins with them making their point, then completely ridiculing mine, then signing off. I just want to have an intelligent conversation!

2. Gamerlynx

Gamerlynx Banned

First of all, I dont like the terms "liberal" and "conservative". I can see both sides of a debate as long as they are based on simple logic. The big problem recently is that for some reason everyone thinks that they are automatically right and dont stop to find proof that they are right. Then when someone points out a flaw in their opinions they get defensive and have no way to defend themselves. So then they just run away or attack the other persons intelligence .

3. alphagirl

alphagirl Banned

The ego is to big:)

4. SurferChick

SurferChick Guest

well i guess i would consider myself a "liberal" and i find that when i have a political debate with conservatives it generally goes the same way... They insult me, tell me my opinion is wrong, then end the conversation. It has nothing to do with being liberal or conservative... its just how people are. And by me saying im "liberal" i mean i don't think the government should be able to tell me or anyone else what i can and cannot do (beside killing people and stuff like that... thats bad and no one should do it). But if i wanna marry someone who is the same sex as me i should be able to do that. And if i want to own a fully automatic grenade launcher for hunting squirrels then i should be able to do that to (assuming i have no felonies or violent crimes on my record... which i dont)

reezo93 likes this.
  5. DutchLover

DutchLover Big, Sweet and Cuddly

And you fail alphagirl
    @topic: Welcome to the online world where people are cowards. They will attack everything they see. Comment on everything and disrespect it at the same time. And as soon you want to give a simple reply even if it is just a "thank you for your opion" they logg off or go to an other place to comment on never to return again.

It is just how the internet works if you really want an intelligent discussion. Have one in real life and make sure you have someone that respects an other view on things. I have not find one yet but then again I am not much of an social person so I do not go out much.

I wish you good luck with your quest and mostlikely till never again because I am one of those persons that don't return to a post to see if there is an reply in a clogged forum like this one.

6. 12 Virgin

12 Virgin A person of change.

A lot of people have trouble starting one.

7. sceneme

sceneme n00b

So many thoughts are flaunting around in our minds. Nobody knows why this is taking so much time. What are we looking for? The truth or the reason?

8. kingturnip19

kingturnip19 n00b

I have the answer!

The thing that I have realized lately about why people are reluctant to... Ooooh look a car!

what were we talking about? Oh yeah, the thing that i have realized *yawn* screw this

sleepy time.dstgsgsgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

9. REAPERR

REAPERR Guest

So true! :thumb:

I have also found that people have allowed themselves to be labeled by our politicians as a lib/con. That is what has to stop. We are all AMERICANS and should work together to get rid of corruption and the largeness of government.
    Of the People FOR the People!

10. iRawrYay

iRawrYay Mr. Sir Dinosaur Man

But isn't that the point of an intelligent discussion? To find out what you're saying is weak, and then pointing it out, so you can further your knowledge on how to back up your argument the next time you try to say something?

I mean that sure there'll be assholes who just attack that point, saying useless blather with no form of backing up anything they've said, but yeah as you said, a lot of the people on here can't keep much of a topic going, especially if it has no relations to anything sexual.

11. Simsy

Simsy Guest

The fact that u said you were a conservative puts me off

The fact u are trying to have an intelligent discussion with the opposing side is just ridicolous, They will obviously try and mock u

12. Marvis1988

Marvis1988 n00b

Hello everybody! I do not know where to begin but hope this forums.funny-games.biz will be useful for me.

13. Seayagte

Seayagte Will suck/be fucked 4free

IDk

Some people stop the disscusion because they know they will be wrong about their answer or they are no interested in the topic :rolleyes1:

14. JanineKitty

JanineKitty Catscratch curmudgeon.

Ad hominem is the classy bad-boy way of ending an argument and chicks dig bad boys. It's the popped collar of debate, something that works for the elite few who can pull it off but mimicked by everyone.
    The straw man tactic which Conecmbo has utilized here (luring as in with "why can't people finish a logical argument" and turning it into "liberals can't keep things intelligent") is thoroughly sleazy no matter how you look at it. Bad form. You are a slimy weasel for doing that.

15. Zeusy

Zeusy The Surreal Love Bastard

Its kinda hard to have a serious conversation if you begin a discussion with that mentality.
    If you have a conversation with someone with opposing political/Moral views than you, you have to expect some friction in the conversation. Its hard to have a serious discussion in this type of setting (i.e. in a forums from a site called 'funny-games.biz').

16. uhh12345

uhh12345 lost

the people who didnt finish mean they couldnt keep up so in other words u won the arguement/debate or whatever ud like to call it

17. AngelOfLight

AngelOfLight Vegeta's slut Goku's girl

Maybe they though they were intellectual , but then got totally confused so then just stopped the conversation.

18. Ddestoryerofworlds2

Ddestoryerofworlds2 The Damn Alpha Man

A discussion for the most part is a fight with words.

It stops being intelligent because people hate losing.

Simple logic really.

19. aefety

aefety n00b

i would consider myself a "liberal"

20. Bee

Bee Guest

People back out of intelligent discussions because they have entered into them without being intelligent. It's a sure sign that they are struggling to grasp the concepts you speak of or the language you're using. I wouldn't worry if I were you, I'm not sure they are actually worth talking to...