Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Why weed is illegal.

Discussion in 'Intelligent Discussion' started by Ckstunner, Sep 19, 2010.

1. Ckstunner

Ckstunner "I kick like Adidas"

I mean, alot of people think weed should be legal, Like me, it would cut down on drug related crimes, but, I think the main reason it is illegal is because the government would not be able to tax it like they want if they make it legal, because it has been sold illegally for a while now and people have their own supply so they wouldn't be able to control the sale of it anyways, and everyone hates taxes so they would just sell it on the streets like they do now, Please post your argument or your opinion about it here. :thumb:

2. [zephyr]

[zephyr] Neo-Maxi Zoom Dweebie

WHOCAREZ!?!?!?!
    People still smoke it anyway, legal or not.

3. WG1986

WG1986 n00b

It's illegal because of a smear campaign created in the 1950's -60's saying that marijuana causes you to do bad things and dumb things and slows your mnd down to a crawl. They did it because hemp the plant (which has no THC, the intoxicating ingredient) was going to be a cheap replacement for paper and cotton, which would've destroyed the lumber industry.

I know this sounds like a conspiracy theory, but a lot of what I said is true. William Randolph Hearst was credited as starting the anti-marijuana campaign, but I'm not completely sure.

You should look it up on Google. Do some research on the subject if you really wanna know.:thumb:

4. Dft

Dft n00b

I'm not sure why it's illegal, maybe it is bad for your health, maybe it isn't.

All I can say is I've known some people who smoked it, and they were doing poorly in life. But then again, might just be coincidence.

End when you think of it, a lot of things that are way worse for your health are legal.

So yeah, I guess making it legal wouldn't be so absurd.

5. Ckstunner

Ckstunner "I kick like Adidas"

It's not really a bad health thing, It isnt as bad as drinking, but you can get lung cancer ect from the actuall smoke, and you cant overdose from it, but I think its just because of the money, which is the only thing the government cares about.

6. Hottie223

Hottie223 Hi all!

Well i don't do weed but i do think it should be legal. the only reason it was ever illegalized was because it was a close cousin to hemp and some idiot decided that hemp was destroying his paper company (hemp can be used for pretty much anything) so he said something like 'weed should be illegalized because it kills brain cells, along with hemp because they're such close cousins we wouldn't know the difference." and that is the reason pot is illegal:)

7. squashy693

squashy693 JReeve

the government would be able to tax it easily, just like they do with smokes, the only real reason, if all the things you people say is true, is that they've dug themselves such a massive hole, and because of said hole they're stuck.......

8. Transparent_Shadow

Transparent_Shadow My life is a party tour

What she said ^^

9. squashy693

squashy693 JReeve

what he said about her XD

Transparent_Shadow likes this.
  10. Red Succubus

Red Succubus Arthas Fangirl.

George Washington and Thomas Jefferson knew the amazing value of this plant and they both grew hemp.

"Make the most of the Indian hemp seed, and sow it everywhere"
    ~George Washington

If Washington wanted people to grow it, well...Why make it Illigal to do so?

11. AllTimeLow

AllTimeLow n00b

Well a joint is the equivalent of 4 normal cigarettes.
    Most of the smokers I know smoke at least a pack so...... Unless you don't smoke 5 joints everyday, you can say marijuana is healthier than tobacco

12. 12 Virgin

12 Virgin A person of change.

Weed

Ha, weed will always be sold and smoked weather the government likes it or not. They can't control everything, and human nature dictates that we all have to feel like a dirty troublemaker sometimes. ;)

13. Kenichi

Kenichi Epicness

What she said, what he said about her. :)

14. ToxiicFeather

ToxiicFeather Nyan~

In California it's almost completely legal ;) They're probably the only state that actually recognizes that marijuana can be used medicinally, and the potheads there are just so chill. Besides, the roads are paved with weed there anyway. Unfortunately, the cops are douches about it. I've been busted quite a few times D:
    Hopefully one day we can put our petty judgements aside, smoke a blunt and become worry-free~ :)

15. Kenichi

Kenichi Epicness

As long as drugs like alcohol and tobacco, which are actually harmful, are legal I see no reason why weed shouldn’t be. It can even be used to help people, for example to prevent people on chemo from losing too much weight due to feeling sick whenever they see or smell food, or people with chronic pain (morphium has some nasty side effects; yet it’s the only legal way to deal with tremendous pain. Kind of nonsensical.)

16. ZombieTeddy

ZombieTeddy n00b Cannon User

Seriously?

I think the amount of times my good friend got high and did stupid things kinda makes me argue against this. Though people do many stupid things to obtain it because it's illegal, much like prohibition for alcohol in 1930's America.

I think it might have worked if people could choose too, but that might not work now.

17. iRawrYay

iRawrYay Mr. Sir Dinosaur Man

Prohibition took place in the 1920s, 1930s was the great depression. Okay, so your friend did stupid things when he was under the influence, that doesn't happen to all of us, your friend was just unable to show any form of control over himself when he has something in his system. Weed is illegal cause of the effects it gives upon a person, sure it's not as bad as many other drugs out there, but as this guy said, people do way too many stupid things while under the influence, sure drug related crimes are gonna drop, but we'll have that many more people high, and driving around, putting other people in danger and all. So that's why it'd be best to keep it illegal, and if it were legal, the government would tamper with it, before selling it.

18. MegaMan

MegaMan Guest

I don't care if it is or is not legal, personally.

I also however know there are many other ways you can relax without taking something like that and putting it into your body.

I know a lot of people who smoke weed, I've known them for many, many years. They are fun people, but they are not very successful in life. Some of them have even started doing meth, which is just a whole different ball game.

I don't think weed is bad, but I know it can certainly have bad effects on you. You wont stop drinking alcohol and move on to something else for example, but with weed you will eventually need something stronger to maintain your high. I lost one of my best friends because of marijuana. He's been smoking it for 3 years now and he is no longer the same person, it's all he thinks about.

I have my reasons for not liking it, but as I said earlier I don't see why it should be illegal, just don't let it take over your life.

19. Simsy

Simsy Guest

Legal

It should be legalised in every country but yet again it would only get abused, im not saying it doesnt get abused now but still..... I have notice that smoking weed causes health problems such as bad chest, blocked nasals/sinuses.. Makes you very lazy,, Doesnt stop me working however LoL :) It is highly addictive and I would argue with any1 until I am Blue in the face if they think otherwise because a lot of my friends are totally hooked on the stuff and I knwo there is no way they can stop by themselves,, they would need medical help.. They are quite happy with doing it so let them keep doing it and they will find out how much they have fucked themselves up LoL

It is a good escape from life and reality,, but when all comes to all it fucks people up

20. Easy Thighs

Easy Thighs Verbal Masseuse

It's illegal 'cos it fucks you up... Same reason there are age restrictions on alcohol and cigs

They tried to ban alcohol once... Didn't go too well.