Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Windows 10 freezing on my laptop

Discussion in 'Computer Help Room' started by xKay, Aug 26, 2019.

1. xKay

xKay n00b

So recently after I reboot some time passes (3-4 hours) and then windows will just full stop freeze. Like even the mouse won't move. I have to hold the power button to turn it off. I googled it and tried the suggested things in the top google results, basically the first two results pages or more, but things like reimage that pop up a lot & is suggested requires you to buy it to fix anything. I read that it could be a driver, but I have no idea how I would know which one. They are all updated and windows is updated. I also ran the thing that checks windows files (Sfc). Is there a program that can maybe scan for and fix it? Any tips?
    Thanks

2. Spike

Spike FG's Ultimate Dom Staff Member Administratior Moderator

You could put everything you need to keep on a flash drive and then reformat it. That basically “resets” your computer. If it’s a software issue that will fix it. If it’s a hardware issue then you unfortunately need new hardware

3. xKay

xKay n00b

I don't really have a windows setup USB or CD
    Is there no program that may help?

4. Spike

Spike FG's Ultimate Dom Staff Member Administratior Moderator

You can make windows 10 install media for free from Microsoft I’m pretty sure. When my laptop died I downloaded it onto a flash drive at my schools library then put it on my laptop.

5. xKay

xKay n00b

I'll try it

6. Katie Okami

Katie Okami Boredddd

You can try using the Event Viewer to see what's failing