Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Windows 7 Help.

Discussion in 'Computer Help Room' started by Gaz868, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Gaz868

Gaz868 Assassin

I got Windows 7 about a month ago and now it said i need to activate it but when i type in my code it doesn't work? And now its non activated and non genuine. Whats the Difference between NON-Activated and Activated? People have told me Windows 7 will stop running but i don't get it? I feel kind of embarrassed asking this because im sort of a PC Geek Myself but i just don't get the difference. Its running fine. All the same features are here like my wallpaper changing every 10 seconds. Whats the Diffrence?

[​IMG]

No, I dont Really HATE Twilight but its giving Vampires A BAD NAME!!!

[​IMG]

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

[​IMG]

2. vincekerr2

vincekerr2 n00b

I think it's the same with XP, you can't do any windows update when you're not running a non-genuine copy of windows.

3. Gaz868

Gaz868 Assassin

Huh.

Huh. Well no updates are good because updating my last PC Killed it. Every time i started it up when i installed the update, Blue screen Of death when i log in, then it automatically resets and repeats in an endless loop.

[​IMG]

No, I dont Really HATE Twilight but its giving Vampires A BAD NAME!!!

[​IMG]

Cyanide & Happiness @ Explosm.net

[​IMG]

4. AlanFairfax

AlanFairfax n00b

Yes, this is true that with a non genuine windows, you cannot get windows updates or if you try to get windows updates, it will catch you somewhere.

Other than that what I know, it keeps on working.

And regarding whether it will stop working or not, I am not sure about it.

But it is always recommended to get your windows registered to keep on getting automatic updates which are useful.