Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Windows XP on my computer

Discussion in 'Computer Help Room' started by ringshin, Apr 29, 2010.

1. ringshin

ringshin n00b

I am still using Windows XP. I hear support is going to end in May for Windows XP, and I do not want to upgrade to Vista or Windows 7. Any suggestions?

2. Eagle Eye

Eagle Eye Guest

When it says support will end, it just means that, if anything goes wrong, they cant help you. But you can still use it.

3. charlesdee

charlesdee n00b

Yeah. He is pretty much right. You can still use it. In fact, there are lots of articles and videos all over the net for troubleshooting in case XP goes wrong.

Why won't you upgrade to Windows 7 by the way? It's the best OS since XP! :) You wouldn't regret it.

4. steverand

steverand n00b

Hi ringshin,
    I researched and found the information from Microsoft’s website:
    “Important notice for users of Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (SP2): The support for your product will end July 13, 2010! To ensure that you will receive all important security updates for Windows after that date you need to upgrade to Windows XP with Service Pack 3 (SP3) or later versions such as Windows 7.”
    support.microsoft.com/ph/1173

It means that Windows xp sevice pack 2 will end and you will only be able to install windows xp service pack 3. IMO, it would be better for you to switch to windows 7. It has more features.

5. ADMIRAL MANSON

ADMIRAL MANSON Computer Repair Company

Where do you guys get your news from?

Windows xp support ends April 2014 sp3.

6. minknency

minknency n00b

I am also using Xp, I like to use that, because With Windows XP, the task bar and the Start button have been updated, Ntfs file system supporting, remote desktop feature supported.If you have difficulty using the keyboard or mouse, you can quickly set options using the Accessibility Wizard.Windows XP presents a significantly redesigned graphical user interface.

7. Ystina

Ystina n00b

i am using xp for a long time and never ask microsoft about help and still can live without it. So i think i will keep using XP for some years. But windows 7 is not very bad. Try linux :)

8. cherylfoster

cherylfoster n00b

I using windows XP since I buy a computer. I think it is best operating system which i used. I also some others operating systems used. Windows Vista, Linux Ubuntu, Windows 98, 2003. But i never operating freely and easily like XP. It is supported all programmes,softwares,games,graphics,drivers which are does not supported easily on other OS. I think it is world no.1 OS. I am very satisfied with its services.

9. Alden

Alden n00b

same to me and i am agree with you... windows xp is still a best operating system..