Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

Writers Block

Discussion in 'Arts' started by Rawismojo, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Rawismojo

Rawismojo ^_^ My Avatar Is Me.

Writers Block

Summary: This is a group with no leaders, just contributors.

Pictures create more words than we, humans, can. We are born to visualize, not imagine or hear. Yet, our brain is filled with awesome ideas that we can visualize. The problem is that drawing is something that not all of us can achieve. We want to put that idea and market it to the whole world but without the artistic skill to draw, it will be virtually impossible.

But maybe words. But you just said that “pictures create more words than we, humans, can.” Then, we will try our best to put our imagination onto paper. Who cares if the setting of one small scene can take up a page as long as it’s important?

This is a collective constructive criticism thread on literature. There is no ranking system or any signs of inequality or favoritism. Even I, the author and founder of this thread, have the same power as the people who post in this thread. This is like a friendly book group with no leadership at all. We just read, write, and criticize our fellow writer friends’ pieces of work.

Whenever you post any literature, it will be bound to criticism. Do not object or condemn it. This is what the thread is all about. If you think this is dumb, then there is no point of writing.

It is our choice to choose what genre we want to write. Fantasy/Sci-fi, philosophy, satire; it’s your choice. Even the things you want to write: communism, sexuality, religion – is okay except for anything that could be offensive according to FunnyGames.

If you want to rant against a person, feel free to use a thing called MSN or AIM. This thread is not for ranting but for criticizing and writing.

This is a thread that goes with the wind. There are some rules that we need to abide but there should not be a problem to even deal with. It is self-ruled and organized by ourselves. We are not anarchic besides the obvious rules presented here but because we have a purpose: to write, read, or criticize. Real anarchy has no purpose and is easy to go back into another form of government. We do not.

2. Ashisgames

Ashisgames Artist

Why didn’t anyone think of this before….Wow, amazing idea, but do the stories have to have a certain mood?

This is a great idea and i would be glad to participate.

3. Rawismojo

Nope. You can be as apocalyptic as George Orwell or fun as Douglas Adams.

A Poem I Wrote At Halloween:
    A setting sun, an empty street
    The perfect place for friends to meet.
    With their costumes on, awaiting sweets
    They journey out, to trick-or-treat.

A lonely child sits, singing church hymns
    Carving intently, just it and him
    The noises are quiet, the lights are dim
    As he sits there and makes his pumpkin.

A sneaky spider flees from sight
    Scared of movement, frightened of light.
    A wise old owl soars out into the night
    Seeking out what is good, just and right.

Monsterous menace, Ghoulish good times
    Goblins and zombies, perhaps even mimes.
    Sweets and scares, its truly sublime
    Such are the wonders of halloween time!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2010
  4. 3wisedudes

3wisedudes n00b

the poem is great, rawismojo. it's a bit late though, don't you think?

5. Sasms

Sasms n00b

I might make a short poem, about someone acting fake. Theres a word for acting fake that begins with "p"

6. Rawismojo

Thanks, and yes, it is a little late, but I only joined the site today.

Portrayal? Posing? Performing? Pantomiming? Performing?

I'll have to go to bed in the next 10 minutes, as I have to get up early. Very early. Two o' clock in the moring, to be correct. And now, I, Rawismojo, am sighing, a very big, and long, sigh.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2010
  7. Sasms

Sasms n00b

Here, is my poem:
    There once was a fake,
    His name was Frank,
    Frank was very naughty,
    And Frank,
    Got a spank.​

8. Rawismojo

Sorry too sound like a fat n00b, but, thats childish. Pradictable endings, too. I'm sure you could put alot more effort into it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2010