Welcome to Funny Games

Play top FREE games daily
Register Now

your fav book

Discussion in 'Books, Books, Books!' started by wolfpackgirl12123, Dec 3, 2008.

1. gwarhammer

gwarhammer Cpt on the Ship of Fools

Personally, as far as a single book goes, The Redemption of Althalus, by David Eddings. I'm a fan of all his books, although not so much the last series he wrote, which I thought was a lot weaker, but RoA was an excellent read. If you;re into the kind of fantasy written by someone who made an early career studying and teaching medieval romance, at any rate.

2. Monkey Of War

Monkey Of War OoOoOo

The Tales Of Beedle The Bard
    by J.K Rowling(i think thats how you spell her name)

3. horid hennry

my fovourit book is horid henry because horid hennry always bees bad he is good i watch horid hennry everyday:321:go for henry:

4. steel

steel n00b

its not just a book but its a series called Cirque Du Freak

5. Chaos Ninja

Chaos Ninja Lone Survivor

The Inheritance Cylcle by Christopher Paolini. Loved these ever since Eragon came out and always will.

6. Saintnight

Saintnight Banned

Stargirl. What, can't a guy like Jerry Spinelli?

7. funnygames018

funnygames018 n00b

Harry porter and all kinds of comic books.

8. nacorn

nacorn n00b

my favorite book is the adventures of sherlock holmes.
    and harry potter and twilight suck

9. kylehuskie125

kylehuskie125 n00b

Current favorite is House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
    Check it out if you've never heard it before. Bet you've never read anything like it :)

10. Deadly shot

Deadly shot The Offensive Type!

The New Kid.

Its pretty intresting.

11. Old Mans War...one of the best reads I have ever had.

12. Chaossama

Chaossama Just a user, literally

I'm still reading McMafia by Misha Glenny, and although it's long, I'm finding it highly engaging and informational. So good stuff all around.

13. Kage Lupus

Kage Lupus n00b

Short answer? No.
    Long answer? Definitely not.

Any fans of Fantasy ought to pick up the "The Chronicles of Amber" series by Roger Zelazny. On second thought, any fan of Fiction should pick up anything Zelazny has written. He did for fantasy what H.P Lovecraft did for horror.

Also, I know alot of the people posting on here are younger, but books like the Harry Potter and Twilight series are actually poorly written. Next time you have the option, I'd suggest picking something older. Verne, Vonnegut or Dumas just to name a few randomly. "The Count of Monte Cristo" may seem like a tough read, but its more than worth the effort. There's a reason they call them classics.

14. UzumakiNARuTO

UzumakiNARuTO What?

Naruto Mangas FTW.

15. Chaossama

My favorite book these days still probably is Terry Goodkind's Wizards First Rule

HOWEVER, I will note that Stephen Hawking's "History of the Universe in a nutshell" is amazing. And I heard good reviews of Einstein's book that he wrote on relativity, so I'll probably check that out sometime soon.

16. 15/m&bored

15/m&bored Banned

hmm cant say that i have read a great book in a while, though the last series which i enjoyed was the cherub series, i preferred it to other child spy books such as alex rider as it just seemed more believable, and the background in it seemed more in depth. I recommend it to anyone into those sort of books or anyone who likes reading in generally actually, especially if your in the age group from about 12-16. :)

17. Commander_Ducktape

Commander_Ducktape Master of Ducktape

My favorite book I would have to be Nightfall. I liked the concept of what would happen if you place a creature that is humanoid what lives in constant light all the time and find out how darkness affects them.

18. D-Dog666

D-Dog666 Faberry Forever!!!!

Well im no sixteen year old girl, but i gotta say i do love the Twilight books, particularly for the whole Bella-Edward romance.

(Personally i think people who hate Twilight for the love story have lost their faith in the power of love).

19. Chaossama

I doubt anyone who hates on it could care anywhere less about the love story.

It's the generic love story, don't try to lie, it's been done to ALL hell. There's NOTHING new about it. Yet, the only reason it manages to sell well, rather than flop, is because it's integrated false supernatural. And that is something I will never forgive Stephanie Meyers for.

New book that I'm liking: Fabric of the Cosmos by Brian Greene, he's pretty interesting, once you get down to it

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2010
  20. Hot_momma123

Hot_momma123 n00b

my fav book

my fav books are twilght new moon eclipses and breaking dawn and the movies i love them so much:rtfm: